Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Devan has looked pretty good in the 9 car so far. Much better than the Dunn Benson ride. I seriously doubt the lease a ride fiasco there trying to pull off is going to work. The car is not competitive. EPJ may do it, cause that pc of garbage he's in is not doing it. Stuckey better figure out something pretty quick.

Sounds fair. Let’s compare the kid to one of the top all time drivers. He has won a fair number of races including a big win at PDC. Maybe he won’t be his dad but not some bum either.

today is a different animal, your not going to have as long runs winning, just the way it is today with phones and tech,
    east bay really isn't something to judge off of, visit this at the end of march

back in dads day you could build something way ahead of everyone and win for awhile, jd did it for 2-3 years, brandon and rocket were good last year-it will be nice to see if they can keep up that pace, i do think its harder to do today, and I'm sure they are on a budget so he can't just kill a car or two ,(from his talking on video)

Give Devon a good car and he will win his share. This comparison with his father is moot. Saw both of them their whole careers. Much bigger fan of Devon than his father, but he was certainly one of the best of his time.

No, clown, I was a member back around 2000-2008 or so when there wasn't the nonsense that fills the board today. The point of this thread was that once again I have made the 3 week journey to Florida and he didn't get on the wheel in qualifying and I was hoping to somehow hit a nerve if he saw this since the kid has all the talent in the world and has always been consistent in times-really consistent- and the only other person I have ever watched with the lap consistency as him has been bloomquist (not a fan). I assume that is y bloomer said he had the best shot at being dominant in years to come. He keeps his car straighter than almost anyone and is constantly hitting his marks. Maybe this would have been better titled something to the effect of he needs to get up on the wheel like Donnie.

Agreed; wholeheartedly. I just figure when u draw a #2 or #3 pill on live TV with only limited sponsorship and crew (wylie is top notch) it is the PERFECT time to get up on wheel and get exposure. Because as others have said- they all have top equipment. Bshepp has Richards but he does very very good in his own stuff too!! He gets on the wheel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hotpipes View Post
    No, clown, I was a member back around 2000-2008 or so when there wasn't the nonsense that fills the board today. The point of this thread was that once again I have made the 3 week journey to Florida and he didn't get on the wheel in qualifying and I was hoping to somehow hit a nerve if he saw this since the kid has all the talent in the world and has always been consistent in times-really consistent- and the only other person I have ever watched with the lap consistency as him has been bloomquist (not a fan). I assume that is y bloomer said he had the best shot at being dominant in years to come. He keeps his car straighter than almost anyone and is constantly hitting his marks. Maybe this would have been better titled something to the effect of he needs to get up on the wheel like Donnie.
    I'm sure you could aways just buy one and show him how its done, lol

You gotta be on the wheel to not get lapped these days. They ain't doing 21 second laps in the black slick at Eldora.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Maybe u should consider not going to fl and go to work on the team and councelling devin so he can do better😉😉

That slacker Devin just kicked some butt in his heat at East Bay. He drove right past Tim McCready and Jonathan Davenport.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver50x View Post
    That slacker Devin just kicked some butt in his heat at East Bay. He drove right past Tim McCready and Jonathan Davenport.
    Hahaha. Love it!!! Makes me smile. Ecstatic!!!! Seemed awful confident this afternoon. #attitude

Yeah....also helps when his HoF father shows up in his pits today and helps on the car. He may be an imature man but don't think a forum post got him "up on the wheel".

Let me get this clear. There will never be a better dirt racing family than the Morans. I can give details, but I don’t need to on this forum, or any other forum. Donnie was the GOAT in his early years. Nobody in the history of the sport had more wins at that level, at that age. It’s not debatable. But the Moran family is even better than the driver. This thread is a joke.

I remember donnie won 50k at pennsboro during the day and won 40k that night at west Virginia motor. Pretty impressive.

The wizard has spoken.....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_the_kid View Post
    I remember donnie won 50k at pennsboro during the day and won 40k that night at west Virginia motor. Pretty impressive.
    I remember that. I was probably 13 or so. He got a bonus too, I think. "Hundred Grand Moran"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    The wizard has spoken.....
    Like we knew he would!!!

Different times. Donnie went up against more capable drivers in his time. Chassis were a hole heck of a lot simpler, guys from his day were drivers. PERIOD. Today, you better have a good shock guy or your going backwards. A tire guy that really understands what air pressure does to your set up and tire management. Devan, and I said it after seeing him in the DB ride looked like he could care less. He's out proving a point. That DB ride is a pc of crap. He's been up on the wheel and has been impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Different times. Donnie went up against more capable drivers in his time. Chassis were a hole heck of a lot simpler, guys from his day were drivers. PERIOD. Today, you better have a good shock guy or your going backwards. A tire guy that really understands what air pressure does to your set up and tire management. Devan, and I said it after seeing him in the DB ride looked like he could care less. He's out proving a point. That DB ride is a pc of crap. He's been up on the wheel and has been impressive.
    Thank you!! A sensible response. I will say this and then disappear for a while longer- I was at Eldora when every car there (was on 4 bar and donnie was running leafs. Guess what happened.... He whipped their ass. I really wasn't trying to sell him down. Probably worded it wrong but I get emotional. He is the ONLY driver I follow so close. He has all the talent in the world. Just needs the funding so he can get on the wheel all the time.

This didn’t age well, did it?