Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Volusia Night 3

appreciate the updates DLMfan.

Congrats to Erb and Heather , good Win.

Overton drove Whitener hard. Whitener drove Overton dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Congrats to Erb and Heather , good Win.
    Yep, I always love seeing them win. And that was a helluva race. Wow.

https://twitter.com/woolatemodels/st...845059072?s=21 Whitener chopped overton going into 3 the lap before Brandon ran him hard and then whitner tried to spin him going down the back stretch. Then flat out dumped coming out of 4

That's Whitener for you. Then I'm sure showed his little ace in the pits

Quote Originally Posted by SJA #1 View Post
    Overton put a bit of dirty slider on Whitner and Whitner returned the favor in turn 3-4.
    True, That was disappointing. I like both of them.

Overton used Whitener up and Whitener then just dumped him. His tire was cut and he was done. He had nothing to lose. Whitener gets a bad rap. More than he deserves. These national guys haven't cut him any slack and probably know that most people won't fault them for pushing him around.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

I agree. Looks like Overton got what he deserved.

I’m an Overton fan, but he used Whitener up. Like was said, his tire was going down and that just helped push Overton outta there lol

Yup.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Yeah I think Overton had it coming too, ran right up the track into Whitener two corners in a row. Whitener has been up there in the lead twice during Speedweeks, had another one slip away. I'm sure part of Overton's aggressiveness there was knowing he's been so close but hasn't won a Speedweeks race yet this year.

this quote feature needs fixed! regardless:

"Dlmfan123: Hoosier dirt fan is way better then me but I’m trying"

bull$hit!!! you are both great! as is all others who provide event updates. one of the last reasons I still visit this site.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Overton pulled a shady slider in 3 and 4, then tried to put Whitener in the wall. Whitener is tired of them national guys racing him harder than everyone else so he gave Overton what was deserved. Hard racing and s**t happens. Congrats to Erb, hell of a race!!
    Fan of anyone not named Bloomquist or Shirley

Whither is a POS. He pulls something like that every single time he’s on the track. Any time someone tries to race with him he just dumps or stuffs them local or national guy. FUK him. He’s a pos. Cant even remember how many times just in 2019 I’ve seen him dq’d for dirty driving or having illegal components or doped tires. Racing don’t need kunts like that.

Good fricken race thought! Erb eqrned that one!!

Default crazy night

Between the drama between Whitener and Overton and apparently according to DoD there was a brawl between the crews of Gr Smith and Johnny Scott after the heat this was a crazy a$$ night!

I think Overton didn’t like Whitener going to the top in 3 so he let the slider in 4 drift a little farther than usual. If you watch, Whitener actually lifted for a sec when he saw Overton coming up in 2 then I think he thought he had room to squeeze back by the outside and when they got together I’m sure he felt left rear go flat. Him giving Overton the door was the whole if you’re gonna cost me the win I’m going to make sure you don’t win either. And he made sure of that.

Also at 0:19 of the link to the twitter video Whitener’s left rear is completely flat, before they even go into 3. He knew this and ended Overton’s chances to win after Brandon took his away. I can’t say I blame him. Congrats to Dennis he’s been in the hunt all week.

Usually root and pull for Overton but he had that one coming tonight. Great racing!