Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Honest question because I don't know the answer, but couldn't state health departments shut tracks down if they deemed unsafe?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Why would you cancel events for it? If your afraid of it stay home. If not wash your d@mn hands and cover your face when you cough or sneeze.
    The main reason you’re seeing preemptive closures (schools, government meetings, big concerts, NBA, NCAA, etc.) is to limit the potential for mass spread of the contagion. This thing seems to be mild to moderate in about 80% of cases so far. Meaning, there will be tons of people who feel kind of sh!tty but go to work/school/games/whatever anyway because they don’t feel terrible. Then they get a bunch of people sick in the process, many of whom travel to some other place where no one has it. It’s epidemiology 101. The bigger fear is that this thing mutates I to something more virulent and we still don’t have a vaccine. Google Spanish flu if you want to read about something more virulent and what that’d look like. The bottom line is people need to take smart precautions, and avoid big crowds.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetters View Post
    It's the right thing to do after coming in contact with infected people.

Now how about the NCAA Basketball Tourney? People are not going to stand for shutting out the public.
    They can still watch it on TV. Or, in the state of Indiana, they can watch the NIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    There is only one dirt track in Ohio that has mass gatherings.....and it ain't atomic.
    DeWine also told all state employees to cancel all non-mission critical meetings and travel .

I feel like it would be nice during a global pandemic to have a president who can speak in coherent sentences. His address to the nation was an absolute catastrophe, the delivery was weird, he looked nervous and could barely articulate words. He stunned Europe by announcing he was blocking all of their goods, he then took it back in a tweet and never even acknowledged his mistake. Again the incompetence is scary, I'm selling my whole portfolio tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    I feel like it would be nice during a global pandemic to have a president who can speak in coherent sentences. His address to the nation was an absolute catastrophe, the delivery was weird, he looked nervous and could barely articulate words. He stunned Europe by announcing he was blocking all of their goods, he then took it back in a tweet and never even acknowledged his mistake. Again the incompetence is scary, I'm selling my whole portfolio tomorrow morning.

Cash out and go to Italy, they seem to have a good handle on it. You can still catch a flight until midnight Sunday. Good luck!!

Don't forget to log off 4m also

hell just strip everybody down and throw them in the ice house a couple hours.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    NHL will be soon I'm guessing. Such B.S
    A star nba player has the virus is why the NBA chose to postpone

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Don't forget to log off 4m also
    Excellent response

Sure hope no one had at the shamrock or surf will be extinct soon

The man says he doesn't listen to any politician yet hung on every preposterous word uttered by some of them a few months ago......you have a really short memory.

All of us do not.
    I caught that too. Here’s another “really short memory” when it comes to a lack of responding.

Where’s chupp n bloomer fan with his, “Why does everything have to be political with you morons?”

Would health association has declared the virus a pandemic. The president addressed the nation, and believe it or not it costs money to get things down. A pandemic, and what's the first f'king thing out of the dems. A we have are on plan and we are going to block yours. J*ck*sses. He even said in his talk we need to work together. What else do you morons want ? Take a cruise will ya...

The man says he doesn't listen to any politician yet hung on every preposterous word uttered by some of them a few months ago......you have a really short memory.

All of us do not.
    Sorry I didn't clarify it for you BBQ, I'm talking about when it comes to this virus but, you knew that. Like I said do what you want but, I'm going to listen to the experts and surely not no (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) politician that's only worried about being re elected.

In the real world we have to make decisions …. My mother is in a nursing home & turns 90 today … I got an email saying I cant visit her for any reason…. Likely the worst place to go right now is a nursing home ... Being she has dementia its prolly better this way .... I just don't like being told what to do ...
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Sorry I didn't clarify it for you BBQ, I'm talking about when it comes to this virus but, you knew that. Like I said do what you want but, I'm going to listen to the experts and surely not no (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) politician that's only worried about being re elected.
    If you didn't talk in circles you wouldn't need to clarify......so much.

And forgive me for noticing, but you sure seemed to listen to and pay attention to a bunch of politicians a few months ago that had nothing on their mind but getting their guy elected and removing the guy that was.

More clarification coming butter?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

We all need to work together. And what happens, EVERY TIME, nah that's not good enough. WE have are own plan. Every last one of them dems or republicans should be voted out of office. You want to send a message. THEN STAND UP AMERICA AND SEND ONE.

All of them aren't self gratifying idiots......on both sides.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Homestead Nascar race has been postponed

ALL of the Human Race is being affected by Coronavirus not just Chinese or Americans. This is NOT a Demc. or Repl. pandemic, white, black, rich,poor. People on this board are making this political, blaming Pres. Trump for their own selfish ways. They are making this me, me,me instead of us ,us,us get real. Containment is the way to slow down this problem until the doctors can create a vaccine. Think about others, not just yourself.