Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Farmer City Raceway. WOO LMS & AMS Mods. April 3-4. Illini Weekend. Illinois Govorner

From Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker earlier this afternoon.

"I am asking that all community events that organizers expect will attract 250, or more cancel or postpone until May 1. This includes personal or social events. I am mandating events of 1000 or more people cancel or postpone immediately.

I do not want to waste precious resources monitoring event cancellations. So I am appealing to Civic and patriotic and humanitarian character of the residents of Illinois to act on the guidance immediately with out any need of official state action.

Events for the state that will attract crowds of 250 or less people. It is critically that organizers, think about who is likely to attend. And if attendees include individuals in vulnerable populations, such as elderly, or those who are immunosuppressed, please consider cancelling".

Will this race happen or be cancelled no word yet from WOO.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

They can't fight a mandate from the governor.

not sure why there is a thumbs up attached to the thread lol

Unless it has less than 1,000 people which is doubtful then according to the mandate it will be canceled.

limit it to 999 tickets sold

Doesnt say mandated it just says he is "ASKING"

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Doesnt say mandated it just says he is "ASKING"
    He does say "mandating" -

"I am asking that all community events that organizers expect will attract 250, or more cancel or postpone until May 1. This includes personal or social events. I am mandating events of 1000 or more people cancel or postpone immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    not sure why there is a thumbs up attached to the thread lol
    It caught your eye didn’t it.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Maybe the good governor could mandate that Illinois citizens quit shooting each other on a regular basis.

That would curb the death rate down to corona virus levels and beyond.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

a thumbs down would have caught my eye as well

Maybe with an extra year to plan, they can get a working PA.

I told you before if your worried about the PA bring a small radio they have a channel that connects to the announcer and you can hear everything right from your lap.

I hope Woo doesn't wait til last minute to cancel/postpone and screw fans that are traveling and have hotels. As most hotels you can cancel 48 hours beforehand.

I hope Woo doesn't wait til last minute to cancel/postpone and screw fans that are traveling and have hotels. As most hotels you can cancel 48 hours beforehand.
    Exactly. I got a room in gaffney for the outlaws. If they gonna cancel do it 4 days before.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

WoO won’t do that if it’s in there control. They got two weeks until the next race, so they can take there time and see where we are at when it nears. The WoO sprints this weekend were on go until the state of emergency happened in Texas. Now they have a month off.

I honestly believe 2-3 weeks from now some normalcy will start to return. NBA says they’ll re evaluate in 30 days. BigTen Conference went from canceling everything to possibly coming back around mid April.

Will see I know all my tradeshows for the business has been canceled through May 1

I told you before if your worried about the PA bring a small radio they have a channel that connects to the announcer and you can hear everything right from your lap.
    While that may be true, it would make a lot more sense for the track/promoter to fix the speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    While that may be true, it would make a lot more sense for the track/promoter to fix the speakers.
    It's not the speakers. The board is bad.
    When they play the radio over the speakers, they work fine.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

The boards in turn 1 bleachers?🤣

Illinois governor just closed all bars and restaurants at the close of business tomorrow until March 30th. Going to be pretty devastating to those businesses and employees. I wouldn’t plan to heavily on Farmer City racing.