Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Best active race tracks bracket. Top 32 tracks. 16 in each region.

I figured this would be something to do and enjoy since racing is put on hold.

Best active race tracks. Rules below.

Who are your top 32 tracks. Pick 16 tracks in each region. Each region has a certain number of states to chose from.
    You can only choose tracks from those states in each region.
    States for each West Region & East Region are listed at the top of the bracket.

Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

You've got it bad!!!!

and so do I. will be back tomorrow with a reply.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fairbury American Legion Speedway<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

ok. finished
    8/13/16

High side is right. Contest over!!!

Mega dittos!!!

I went through 175 dirt tracks I have been to- only 22 in the west region. It was fun doing it and ranking them but in the end FALS wins and it isn't really close.

Fals beats eldora and the rest don’t come close

Sycamore edges out Wilmot in the finale

I've "only" been to like 45 race tracks in my whole life and some of them were so long ago that I couldn't even gauge it. I suppose a lot of you guys watch racing on the computer feed these days, which is a heck of an option. I mean to watch stuff on MAVTV on rerun but I usually forget so I cancelled that subscription. I don't know how some of y'all get to so many race tracks, maybe a lot of you are long haulers, former or current team members for the road show or salesmen or something. No judgement here it's just tough to even get my arms around going to dang near 200 different racetracks from coast to coast. It's taken me 42 years to not even get to 1/4 that many. BTW, most people at the local track think I'm NUTS to go all the way to Pennsylvania or something for a race.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

I think a sorry run track bracket would be fun.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Macon, Eldora, then Fals

Eldora< the most over hyped race track in America.
    8/13/16

FALS most overrated track in USA

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    FALS most overrated track in USA
    That goes to Eldora. Best racing would be FALS.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Eldora is a great open wheel track. Lates, not so much. Probably why they only run them a handfull of times per year.
    8/13/16

Macon is best racing in USA and honestly who can say unless you been to them all in the country. You all obviously didnt see the place in the early 90's and even the 2nd and 3rd night out last year was some of the worst heats i seen ever. Even the third heat at pdc was like the 90's was. Yes its better than before but def not the best in the country.

All of matter of personal opinion and experience but the magic of the whole FALS experience and those first few WoO PDC's is why I put Fairbury above Macon and Farmer City. That being said I have seen great races at all 3 of those black dirt bull rings in Illinois. Eldora is a a huge event with many classical moments of dirt history but cannot compete with the bull rings in my humble opinion.

FALS and Macon are close. I give Fals the nod because of the speed. They both produce great racing. Fairbury is like Macon on steroids.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Eldora< the most over hyped race track in America.
    Yep it's over hyped all right. But with better track prep it could actually live up to the hype. But the track prep director and minions are totally sold on making it hard, smooth, and dry slick. Even when it rains.

I say make it heavy and make the crews and drivers adjust to it, instead of always knowing what to expect all the time.