Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    In the case of racing, they don't have to arrest everybody - just the promoter/owner.
    They're not legally allowed to stop people from running their business. I hope these states get sued endlessly.

And coming

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    This is going to end up being the much bigger issue for racing than the virus itself.
    Who'll sponsor our cars? Who'll be able to afford to go to the races? Actually who'll sell the tires and pump the race fuel? I sure do hope the Summer Nationals go on as scheduled, but I just don't see it. Me and Chris were wanting to join the tour at Plymouth and follow it through Oakshade too, so I'm not trying to be negative. Other than the fact that there's almost zero chance that I'll actually be home to do it.

Costs in racing will never go down. We keep talking about that all the time but it doesn't work. My buddy said he thinks we should make every late model in the country into a CT525 or Steel block car like the FUEL late models in the Carolinas. But that would obsolete a lot of people's equipment and cost them money. Plus you can spend just as much money on a 358 as you can on a 434. The top guys will spend 2x as much as they are now if you implement those rules trying to tweek 23 degree heads to the maximum and not make as much power as current, appropriate technology.

Guys on here talking about shrinking the bodies. Yeah that would help but I mean, look at A-Mod. Look at it. That's cheaper than late model but it ain't cheap.

I'm just hoping most of the teams, tracks and most importantly the businesses that support our industry survive the aftermath of this.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Ironically Bayko, the Hell Tour is sanctioned by UMP. That organization that once saved LM racing and was intended to protect the "little guy".
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1
    Eldora - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Ironically Bayko, the Hell Tour is sanctioned by UMP. That organization that once saved LM racing and was intended to protect the "little guy".
    You’ll find no argument from me. The Hell Tour was great when it was 10-12 races and could be run in two weeks. It went way off the rails in the last 20 years.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!