Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

A couple of years ago I was at a USMTS race when the Scott brothers were at the top. The grandmother of the Scott brothers and a few others sat right in front of me. Every time one of them was on the track she stood up the entire time.

I politely said to her something like, I understand you're excited to watch them race but I can't see anything when you're standing up. Would you mind sitting so we could see? She responded with "My grandsons are #1 and #2 in the country, I spent $1 mil to get them there. I deserve to stand up if I want to."

We ended up moving to some crappy seats but it was still better than being behind her.

Masrerbilt racer, No they don't. And what wins on Sunday, Sells on Monday is the biggest lie ever told. I don't know why u would even buy a car on Monday. Dosen't make sense. I don't give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) if Jesse Jackson drives the Wendy's Ford on Sunday. If I"m hungary on Monday, I'm just gonna take my happy ass on down there and get me a Dave's double.......Along with thousands more.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Masrerbilt racer, No they don't. And what wins on Sunday, Sells on Monday is the biggest lie ever told. I don't know why u would even buy a car on Monday. Dosen't make sense. I don't give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) if Jesse Jackson drives the Wendy's Ford on Sunday. If I"m hungary on Monday, I'm just gonna take my happy ass on down there and get me a Dave's double.......Along with thousands more.
    I know folks that won't go in a Lowe's because they sponsored Jimmy Johnson. Folks that went to home Depot over Lowes because of Tony Stewart. Fans care about that stuff. Do I? No. But I haven't watched for 10 years or more.

Does it sell Ford's or Chevy's? Hell no. There is no correlation to what's on the track.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by beasty321 View Post
    A couple of years ago I was at a USMTS race when the Scott brothers were at the top. The grandmother of the Scott brothers and a few others sat right in front of me. Every time one of them was on the track she stood up the entire time.

I politely said to her something like, I understand you're excited to watch them race but I can't see anything when you're standing up. Would you mind sitting so we could see? She responded with "My grandsons are #1 and #2 in the country, I spent $1 mil to get them there. I deserve to stand up if I want to."

We ended up moving to some crappy seats but it was still better than being behind her.
    That when you should have "accidentally" spilled an extra large soft drink all over her sorry ass! Nothing worse than a disrespectful race fan.

Johnny won the MLRA $5k last night at Wheatland, granted not the calibre of competition as in the Lucas series. His comment in victory lane was that the Lucas guys had been whipping on them pretty good, and he and his crew needed to get some experience with the car elsewhere.
    I hate time trials.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Needforlmspeed you are right. Just like People didn't go to lowe's and buy something because of Jimmie JohnsonOr buy a hamburger at Mcdonalds because of Kyle LarsonOr drink Busch beer because of Kevin Harvickor drink Miller lite because of Keselowskior even know what dow is because of Austin dillionor buy an Oscar Meyer hotdog because of Newmanor go to Napa because of Elliotor buy Smithfield Bacon because of Amarolaor go to Menards because of Blaneyor switch to Geico because of TY Dillonetc...etc...etc........I agree with u
    I do know people that wont buy anything Smithfield because they are a Chinese owned company since 2013.

The Scott boys started winning street stock championships back when they were either 11 or 12. I believe they are or going to be 30 this year. So this family tradition is nothing new.
    Also, the grandmother has sponsored some of the big $10,000 to win Mod race in the Fall in Las Cruces and now Vado.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    Johnny won the MLRA $5k last night at Wheatland, granted not the calibre of competition as in the Lucas series. His comment in victory lane was that the Lucas guys had been whipping on them pretty good, and he and his crew needed to get some experience with the car elsewhere.
    Mullins Race Engine per DOD. LS?
    Formerly 66#1

The bank !!!!

Last edited by Waldo; 06-26-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Nothing worse than a disrespectful race fan,what about a pedophile axe murderer?????

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    Mullins Race Engine per DOD. LS?
    Yes mullins ls

Johnny won again Saturday MLRA at Salinas

I watched the Scott brothers run at the Mag two weekends ago, and then watched Johnny run this past week with the MLRA. I also had the opportunity to talk to him at Salina on Saturday, and he seems like an incredibly humble person and super nice guy. He mentioned that the transition to late models is a big one and he switched from a Bloomquist to a Rocket a while back, which has been better for him. I don’t think there’s any question the guy can drive - he had a great swing this past week with two wins and two runner-up finishes.

I wish Johnny would be on the tour with Stormy, from what I know Johnny is the better racer but both do have talent. I think Johnny was just Stormy's crew chief last year. They jumped right into the top competition in a new car, and like others said when you're in New Mexico you're far away from the top late model scene. I hope they're patient with it. Maybe both spend some time in MLRA, or run a lot more other regional stuff.

Lucas speedway and Salina were only johnnys second weekend in the rocket.

Johnny ran a flawless race at Salina. Really enjoyed watching him run.