Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Why yeah it's right in the middle of town.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Why yeah it's right in the middle of town.
    Not even close

I sense a lil sarcasm there.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I sense a lil sarcasm there.
    ya. id like to see ump and usra bring their rules together .

There are a lot of race tracks that run on schedule Tri state Indiana an eldora are just an example.
    Listen guys, if they can't figure it out, Billy Thomas is there. He does such a great job at EAMS, I'm sure he has it figured out already. Hahahaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

25 min time limit for the super late model feature tomorrow, I bet the fans and drivers will love that if it gets cut short. What a joke.

What about them 8 minute heat races see that is what happens when you run everything you can drag in the pits.

And Saturday 50k cut to 40 laps or 40 min.

Here we are. Anybody with half of a brain knew this show was going to turn out like this with all these cars and classes. It's too early in the year for a show like this.

Now a lot of people are mad because they're cutting races out. The bang banger guys are ready to burn Bristol down from the looks of the comments.

One of my local tracks would run 8 lap or 8 min heat races. And they had time limits on features because of the curfew. I once saw a $2k LM special race that saw the green flag and 2 laps later the checkered flag. Never even waved the white flag. Another time the street stocks took the green and lap 2 was the checkered flag.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    And Saturday 50k cut to 40 laps or 40 min.
    Why did they cut it 10 laps.

Why did they cut it 10 laps.
    They cut it 20 laps. It was supposed to be 60. They’re reasoning was drivers wanted to only run 40, per Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Here we are. Anybody with half of a brain knew this show was going to turn out like this with all these cars and classes. It's too early in the year for a show like this.

Now a lot of people are mad because they're cutting races out. The bang banger guys are ready to burn Bristol down from the looks of the comments.
    What races did they cut out? I dont have facebook.

They completely cut out one of the prelim nights for several classes, and aren't offering any refunds. I just can't believe that many cars showed up for no pay in the prelims just to say they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    They completely cut out one of the prelim nights for several classes, and aren't offering any refunds. I just can't believe that many cars showed up for no pay in the prelims just to say they did it.
    Don’t forget they started a mod feature with two cars stuck together on the back stretch. The track worker who was supposed to be watching that area was on their phone. Everyone in the pits was trying to get them to call it in to get the cars to stop but they went green and the first 8 or so cars avoided the stopped ones, but then it got bad. 2 ambulances sending drivers to the hospital, one with head injury who is going to be fine it seems and the other with broken ribs and collapsed lung. People have been saying they were rushing the races, letting them go way to long before yellow was thrown, not getting dangling parts off cars all week so it was bound to happen. One of the mods even ran an entire feature with what looked like a rear end drape hanging off the car.

Now you couple that how much they are yanking these classes around and clearly had no contingency for weather, and it’s a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) show.

Well it seems earlier in this thread someone pointed out a potential problem..lol

Looks like those in charge took a great opportunity and screwed it up. I have never promoted a race but I would have had a Wednesday practice, Thursday qualifying with two different features Friday and Saturday similar to the World Finals. Also would have had a crate LM class, A modified class and Super Late Models. With just 3 classes you have more options with weather.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Well it seems earlier in this thread someone pointed out a potential problem..lol

Looks like those in charge took a great opportunity and screwed it up. I have never promoted a race but I would have had a Wednesday practice, Thursday qualifying with two different features Friday and Saturday similar to the World Finals. Also would have had a crate LM class, A modified class and Super Late Models. With just 3 classes you have more options with weather.
    Totally agree. Too much racing to try and get in. There were days they should have started at 9am right from the start too. Once they were behind there was no catching up and then it has caused nothing but problems.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post

Exactly.........like they've never got rained out before!

Have you noticed, they think most of the fans are coming to se them! lol

IMO, they shouldn't have tried to stretch it to keep everyone there all week. It might work at Boone for the super nats, but this isn't Boone, and it's also mid March when we know the weather is very unknown. They shouldve ran 3 classes a day/night, and gotten some of those guys out of there earlier in the week.

When I saw the schedule I new it wasn't going to work I've been to too many races and you can't run for a week in March in Tennessee and not see rain it rains a lot in Tennessee in March.