Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Anyone know what engine Rice was running? Maybe plug an add as that sucker just kept on going and going and going lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GRT32 View Post
    Can't believe somebody didn't pull the coil wire off
    What good would that have done if it was dieseling? 🤓

It wasn't running on ignition. It was running on compression. In the broadcast you could see someone cut off the master disconnect switch. The internal temp of the motor was allowing the fuel and oil to ignite when compressed. I've never seen anything like that though with a gasoline engine.

Would have done nothing. It was running off the oil. It had at least one burned piston and was siphoning oil vapor into the intake.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Would have done nothing. It was running off the oil. It had at least one burned piston and was siphoning oil vapor into the intake.
    The announcers said the throttle was stuck running wide open. That couldnt be possible with just oil vapors could it?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    The announcers said the throttle was stuck running wide open. That couldnt be possible with just oil vapors could it?
    The announcers probably had no real clue what was going on

Watched a safety guy go for the battery terminals on the deck and realize there weren't cables to disconnect lol. I feel like something very similar happened at eldora not that long ago too. As soon as they went to the infield I thought of all those new diesel chevys that "ranaway" on the side of the highway a few years ago. Something crazy happened for sure, anyone know what Josh runs for a motor program?

Jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens

Quote Originally Posted by Jb1390 View Post
    Props to Mark Richards for keeping his cool and stepping in to tell Rice get out of the car as everyone else stood waiting to see if it would shut off or catch fire first
    It looked to me like he was mad for Rice getting out?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    It looked to me like he was mad for Rice getting out?
    From my understanding mark wanted him out and everybody away from it. But who knows

The drone shot of the smoke was gold. Really gave some scope as to the amount of smoke that got put out.
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Announcers were wrong. They often are about technical matters. Several years ago, I had a well known announcer telling the crowd my guys lr suspension was broken. Then we won the race.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    From my understanding mark wanted him out and everybody away from it. But who knows
    I’m almost 100% sure your understanding is the correct one.

Wtf would he be mad at him for getting out of a ticking time bomb? Get the he!! out, get away, get someone with PPE on to do whatever to shut that SOB off.

I have seen it before on a street stock and a modified. Yes, running very hot.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    I thought he looked mad that josh stayed sitting inside a car that had the motor so hot it wouldn’t shut off and was dumping oil on potentially red hot parts .... josh already had to pull off because it may have been running but couldn’t make it across the finish line... what point would there be to sit in the vehicle fully suited with Hans and everything else waiting for it to catch on fire then try and get out?

[QUOTE=MasterSbilt_Racer;2397171]Would have done nothing. It was running off the oil. It had at least one burned piston and was siphoning oil vapor into the intake.[/QUO

((((((((((((((( BINGO ))))))))))))
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

It's nice to have sponsors that allow you to keep the pedal matted when the water temp is pegged.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Why were some teams having overheating problems anyways? If they are having that many issues in a short heat race, it will be a bigger problem in a 100 lap race.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k20 View Post
    Could be that the engine was running off the oil. That would explain all the smoke.
    As I was watching on Flo, I kinda figured what was up, and with all of the smoke and why. While uncommon, we had a 2 stroke kart engine do the exact same thing years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It's nice to have sponsors that allow you to keep the pedal matted when the water temp is pegged.
    Big money on the line at the Big E. Floor it or,F-it!
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    Big money on the line at the Big E. Floor it or,F-it!
    There's 4 nights and a feature after the heat.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1