Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

i didnt like him when he first started touring but the last few years and how nice he was to us at eldora i like seeing him have success. i wouldnt mind seeing him win the million in june

Quote Originally Posted by raburke23 View Post
    Never heard a bad word about Donnie Moran, really? I mean, he might be a nice guy, but on the track he was very controversial. He would beat and bang and run people over to win. He had his haters because of his over aggressive driving style. Devin is extremely likeable and smooth and considerate on the track. I never rooted for Donnie, but I root for Devin. They couldn't be more polar opposites on personality and driving style though.
    I couldn’t agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He was really good. He was almost unbeatable for a time on big race tracks. That was a different era where you had more guys beat before you took the car out of the box.

I'm sure my memory is a little shaded by how bad he was the last several years he raced though.
    I haven't heard that in awhile. Where they had the guys beat before taking the car out of the box or even off the trailer for that matter. I remember my dad telling me the story of his friends buying a race car. They took it home so, their dad could see it and he he said boys that car won't go around the track without some major changes. Hence beating them before they took the car off the trailer. He said we're going to beat them starting right here.

Donnie cleaned house around Pittsburgh when I was a kid. He won a lot when he came to town.

Saying Donnie Moran was bad is laughable. Obviously he was not as good as he was in his prime, but who is?? We’re seeing it right now with Scott, saw it with Moyer, Freddy Smith etc. Donnie Moran’s prime was 100% a top 5 all time Dirt Late model career and you could make the case for #3 behind Bloomquist and Moyer. Won the Million, 4 Worlds, USA nationals, North/South, Hillbilly, Pittsburgher, and who knows how many STARS and other big regional races over a 30 some year career, hell I even saw on Facebook where he won a $30,000 to win race at Log Cabin when he was around 20 years old. I saw Donnie win the inaugural World Finals close to the end of his career, saw him win that big 30,000 to win at Tyler County, he was still getting it done at the end of his career

And then along came a guy named Jeff pervis.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    His wedge cars were superior too almost any for several years. Toma gets much credit for the setups thats allowed Moran to win so much. When UMP was formed that all went away. And Toma was gone.
    Also kudos to Ray and Brett Callahan of BULLITT CHASSIS !!

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Also kudos to Ray and Brett Callahan of BULLITT CHASSIS !!
    Yes sir, that was a real big part of it.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!