Default Just Go to the Pits

...these stand-alone unsanctioned races, and even some series events regarding car repairs. If you wrinkle your junk and you think it is bad enough it needs looked at, go to the pits. If you need a tug on your fender, your own pit guys or gals should do it, and then you can come back on and go to the rear.

This trend of drivers pulling up (whether it be last weekend at Meridian or tonight at Phenix City) when they think they need something tugged on, and expecting a track official to do it..... just enough already. Take the junk to the pits or stay out and race.

All it does it drag out the race, for no real reason.

I feel better.

Says a person who obviously has never drove, or been on a pit crew for an actual car… if a driver is out there leading and another car bumps their fender into their tire, u shouldn’t have to all but end your night. if u don’t have an extra 20 minutes of time on a day at the racetrack, u probably don’t need to go to the racetrack…

I've done plenty of both, and I've never expected a track official to work on every corner of my car at each caution. It's ridiculous.

The post makes it sound like this is a new phenomenon. This has been going on for as long as I've been watching DLM racing (early 90s).
    In fact, I remember seeing a piece during the HAT shootout from 2000 where Danny Myers was talking about the fact that they used quite a bit of extra bracing under the body for TV races, because they wouldn't pull sheet metal during TV races.
    I've never seen it be a real big problem. Takes the official 10 or 15 seconds to clearance the tires, which is really the only thing I've seen them do, too much. Typically they aren't fixing aero problems, from what I've seen. Just making sure you didn't have a tire rub.