Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

think I read somewhere you worked in that union for 27 years? 27k is a bunch of money to fork out to clock in…..I’m sure collectively from everyone that bought alot of nice family vacations for the shop bosses and their families.

Good for them. I hope they enjoyed every minute of it because lord knows I did lmao.................................

Kid, if you were paying a 1K a year for union dues how much was you making a year? The most I ever paid for union dues was like six hundred dollars a year. And that was worth every penny for the benefits I received. I know someone who is paying $1200 a month for health insurance. I have always had free health insurance thanks to the union. And Yes, I pay to have my wife on my health insurance which is just a little over a $100.00 a month thanks to the union.

My 1st two pension checks paid for every union due that I ever paid for. This September I will have been retired for 13 years. Even if I paid 600 a year for 32 years that would be $19,200. So far, I have made over a million dollars. To me that's a pretty good investment and was worth every union due I have ever paid. Thats not even counting my 2nd pension from the power plant.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

100% totally believable ^^^^right everyone?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    Kid, if you were paying a 1K a year for union dues how much was you making a year? The most I ever paid for union dues was like six hundred dollars a year. And that was worth every penny for the benefits I received. I know someone who is paying $1200 a month for health insurance. I have always had free health insurance thanks to the union. And Yes, I pay to have my wife on my health insurance which is just a little over a $100.00 a month thanks to the union.

My 1st two pension checks paid for every union due that I ever paid for. This September I will have been retired for 13 years. Even if I paid 600 a year for 32 years that would be $19,200. So far, I have made over a million dollars. To me that's a pretty good investment and was worth every union due I have ever paid. Thats not even counting my 2nd pension from the power plant.
    “Like 600 dollars”…..liar.

More like double that possibly triple depending on what else they made you pay for under the “ dues” umbrella.

I have no reason to lie to you unlike you who has to lie about everything you say on here. I'm just telling you the facts that you can't handle. You are the one who is trying to demoralize unions I'm just giving you some true facts.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

I have no reason to lie to you unlike you who has to lie about everything you say on here. I'm just telling you the facts that you can't handle. You are the one who is trying to demoralize unions I'm just giving you some true facts.
    How darest you to call BBQ of all people a liar ! ! Have you no couth ? ?

I know right. Oh well we've been down this path so many times and we're right back where we started. They hate unions and you and I are ok with them. I don't know if I did better than anyone else on here for working for a union or if I did worse nor do I care. All I know is I made a good living and was able to provide for my family and I'm still benefitting from it as long as I'm on this earth. To me I lived the American dream. I don't know what else I could ask for. If they're living the American Dream by not working for a union more power to them. I sure don't try and belittle them for it.

I know where you worked and what benefits you made. I have several other friends that retired from down there as well and yeah there doing ok

You’re right, you have no reason to lie but do it anyway so there’s that……

Did I understand you correctly earlier stating you’ve made over a million dollars in retirement pensions from the union? Or did I read that wrong?

Being proud of working for a union is kind of like being proud you worked in government finance and procurement……you may have to look that up to understand the analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I know right. Oh well we've been down this path so many times and we're right back where we started. They hate unions and you and I are ok with them. I don't know if I did better than anyone else on here for working for a union or if I did worse nor do I care. All I know is I made a good living and was able to provide for my family and I'm still benefitting from it as long as I'm on this earth. To me I lived the American dream. I don't know what else I could ask for. If they're living the American Dream by not working for a union more power to them. I sure don't try and belittle them for it.

I know where you worked and what benefits you made. I have several other friends that retired from down there as well and yeah there doing ok
    That’s the whole point kid…..most of us are doing just fine and the overwhelming majority did it without fleecing our end user or purchaser with crappy work or underwhelming final products.

I didn't produce a product. I was an installer/repairman. You're not going to stay in the job for as long as I did if I had done crappy work. The guy before me was there for 30 years. I decided to leave after 27 years.

So more money, better benefits and a much better retirement plan so, the 1,000 a year was way worth it in my opinion. I think of all the people who don't have a retirement coming in or don't even have insurance. If you or anyone else has a job that gives you that and you don't have to pay dues more power to you. I don't begrudge you for it not sure why ss12 and myself have to be because we were in unions.
    You fool kidmind, you get a raise so the union can turn around and get a raise out of your pay.

Does a mop operater really pay $38.00 an hour?????? hahahahaha
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I didn't produce a product. I was an installer/repairman. You're not going to stay in the job for as long as I did if I had done crappy work. The guy before me was there for 30 years. I decided to leave after 27 years.
    The people you did the repair/ installation work for overpaid because the union needs to turn a profit……the end result was that the customers of your service paid more than they should have and that’s a direct result of the middleman posing as a union shop.

I’ll take you at your word about being good at what you do being the reason they kept you around so long, but if you are being honest I’m sure you were called in to fix, repair or rebuild something a union slug collecting a paycheck worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    You fool kidmind, you get a raise so the union can turn around and get a raise out of your pay.

Does a mop operater really pay $38.00 an hour?????? hahahahaha
    That's what a union does. They get you better pay and benefits and if they got a raise. I didn't have a problem with that. What are they suppose to do that for free.

No a mop operator doesn't but, as a phone technician did and now they make 42.00 and hour.

They get you better pay by striking and strong arming …….how exactly is that good for anybody except the union and the over paid mop bucket engineers?

That's what a union does. They get you better pay and benefits and if they got a raise. I didn't have a problem with that. What are they suppose to do that for free.

No a mop operator doesn't but, as a phone technician did and now they make 42.00 and hour.
    Did you get a bachelor's degree? Isn't it cheaper to replace a cheap cell phone than $38 and parts usually.

Maybe that's called installing, just replacing?
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 05-09-2023 at 05:09 PM.

BBQ mop bucket engineers??? hahahhaaa

The people you did the repair/ installation work for overpaid because the union needs to turn a profit……the end result was that the customers of your service paid more than they should have and that’s a direct result of the middleman posing as a union shop.

I’ll take you at your word about being good at what you do being the reason they kept you around so long, but if you are being honest I’m sure you were called in to fix, repair or rebuild something a union slug collecting a paycheck worked on.

They must have felt it was worth the price because, the company took care of them for several years. They could have hired someone different but, they didn't. Now the industry has changed since VOIP came into play. Voice Over Internet Protocol. The phones are now ran through their PC's. They still have circuits they maintain but, not that many actual phones lines anymore.

Listen we had our lazy people just as any other business union or not. One of our techs got fired for his actions and another got suspended and then finally retired.. The one guy got fired was because, he didn't show up for a service call until 5 hours later after getting the call for repair. We had a 2 hour call out. Meaning you have to be onsite within 2 hours and this was for 911 equipment so, something you need to be onsite asap. He shows up 5 hours later they were pissed to say the least. He threw the dice he wouldn't get called out and went to his moms 3 hours away from where he lived and 5 hours from the site of the service call. He didn't take my boss long to figure out what happened here. Everyone knew he went to his mom's quite a bit but, this one bit him in the ---

There was 10 of us tech's in the CPE side of the business. Customer Primases Equipment and we had a certain number of Buildings we took care of. 6 of the techs were installers 2 were repair and myself and another guy took care of the Capitol Complex and we did both installation and repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Did you get a bachelor's degree? Isn't it cheaper to replace a cheap cell phone than $38 and parts usually.

Maybe that's called installing, just replacing?
    I didn't have anything to do with cell phones. No I never got a bachelor's degree. I hated school I mean that should be pretty obvious. Just look at my Grammar and spelling but, I was a good worker and a quick learner. I came to work on time, I worked when I got there, worked OT when needed, I wasn't one to call off work so, I figured out early on I didn't need a college degree. I just needed to work hard and show up to work

Yes, Kid we have been down this road several times. We know when BBQ have been defeated, he will tell us how bad unions are. He has already proven he will lie about unions to get even with me. look at the above post where he said the unions need to turn a profit. I think the company need to turn a profit not the union. All of the companies I have worked for the last 40 years are still in business. The last company I worked at was making 2 billion dollars a year for profit after paying union wages.

BBQ Posted: The people you did the repair/ installation work for overpaid because the union needs to turn a profit

The union does turn a profit dummy, especially the questionable ones….……what exactly did you think you were paying for and where did you think all that money you were sending in was going? Gullible fool much?

It’s the companies that are forced to unionize that are making less profit than they should.

Defeated huh?? What game or event are we actually playing? You can’t win something when you’re playing with yourself like you do.

Oh and btw, in all this chatter the last few days you haven’t posted any trump union bs because you’ve been too busy promoting other losers…….speaking of losers You lose again SS. See how this works?.