Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bloomquist

Late model chaser
    The prostrate issue was found while having testing for back surgery. This issue takes priority over the other planned surgery. Hopefully he will be successful like Dale McDowell was with the prostrate issue. Then get the other surgeries taken care of.
    With some much needed health issues being taken care of: it would be great to see him back on the track at some point. Dirt Racing has been his life and the sport is much better for it and with him involved.
    For those who believe in the power of 🙏🏻 -keep him in yours.

FF please let Scott know there are a lot of “ old hippies” out here wishing the goat “ old hippie” some better days ahead. …..some of us don’t care if he ever races another lap ….even though deep down we know he probably will.

We all heckle each other from time to time about our favorites or non favorites on here but at the end of the day we all know dirt racing is in a better spot with him at the track and being healthy…..prayers for Scott , his family and his close friends helping him through this.

We miss you Scott, get well.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

BBQ
    Very well said!

Without getting all deep and mushy, his racing life (and a lot of his non racing life) has played out in front of us all……Scott is like our friend………even though many of us have never met him.

None of us like to see our friends struggle and collectively we all hope and pray he can find some relief and get some peace with his health.Thanks for keeping us in the loop and please pass along everyone’s concern and prayers.
    BBQ

Fox. Thanks for the updates. Scott will race again. Can’t wait

Cool story thanks for sharing
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Cleaning out my mom's house last weekend came across an old super8 projector and some films. Last night I decided to see if it worked, which to my surprise it did. Went through a few of the reels and came across one from I-70 Speedway from 1984. I was telling my wife that Bloomquist ran at the event but was just another car (I knew he was there because I had also found the program from the event and my mom had filled out the lineup info). Next reel I throw on is part one, which shows some shots in our pits (my dad was running)-Bloomer's car was pitted one car over. Didn't have any racing action of him, but cool to see a white 18 with flames on it. Also found reels of Eldora (1983) and I-70 from 1983 as well. I am sure there is a lot more racing as I only watched a few reels, more to see I am sure (I would guess mostly Iowa; West Liberty, 34, maybe Des Moines or Osky).

reminds me of the scene in Christmas vacation where Clark was locked in the attic and found the old projector and watched the old films…..very cool story evelb7.

A couple of very cool stories.Well said Barbecuboy. Well said.

His friend Ronnie Roberts seems to be the one giving updates on his Facebook!

He's the same guy in the Slingshot video!

Prayers for Soctt. Nice we're getting accurate info from his friend Ronnie.

I'm getting ready for a prostate biopsy. Lived a healthy life. Mine looks like a family genetic issue. I saw these stats and you never know when it might be your time. Lots of older men that are race fans.

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer diagnosed for men in the United States.
    According to the latest data, approximately 12.5 percent of men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point during their lifetime2. However, most cases of prostate cancer are slow growing, low grade, and have little impact on survival1. It is estimated that more than 80% of men will develop prostate cancer by age 80, but many of them will not have any symptoms or need treatment1.

I took the advice of older people and adhered to the articles about the top foods to eat to cut down on the risk of p Cancer. blue berries and almonds are just a couple of the foods listed. I am 77 and have a very healthy prostate. Just throwing out some advice that was given me years ago

Didn't know that about almonds and blueberries. I actually have both near daily. I would how much of the other bad behavior they cancel out. Someday I should probably act my age (67).