Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    My point is, being an "engineer" isn't just for those with a piece of paper. Some people can just SEE things. I always could SEE things. I SEE geometry even though can't do the math. But I HAVE read a book or three. Lot of dyslexic guys out there that won't ask for help.
    My father was one of those guys. Never went to college but was a research engineer and eventually given an honorary doctorate. He was also a racer and he amazed me. Just a naturally gifted guy.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion...
    I don't know how guys that are in their 40s or older can go up and down the road like that. Billy Moyer is just amazing that he's still doing it and even though he's not racing the way he used to, that's a lot for a guy in his 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    From what I understand, they would have been HIS devices. That's what he's gonna be doing. Working on products with Longhorn & Bilstein, etc.
    True that is.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Default Superman

Arrogant? I’m not really seeing or hearing that at all…….if anybody out there has ever been on a team( football,racing,whatever) and won a championship or has a ridiculously good breakout year has to know following that up is very difficult because of the expectations you set for yourself that following year.

I can see JD as being a little frustrated and hard on himself this year but can’t ever see him as arrogant……ever.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

As they all say at some point this sport will humble you. One year you can be on top and then the next year your just trying to get in the top 5 on a consistent basis. Look at Overton everyone thought he would do what RTJ is doing but, he's not. I'm not sure of all the changes but, didn't they change the tire rule for this year?

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Burnout is real and this is only going to get worse as the season is basically year round now. The people that run the sport need to realize this.
    Sometimes employers burn out on employees too.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

MB. I couldn't stand some of my employees by weeks end. I'm sure at times they probably didn't like me either by the end of the week. I had 70 people and you can never make all of them happy with a decision that has to be made by guess who ? Me. Weekly my crews of 3 to 5 people, someone would come in saying I don't want to work with this person anymore. They where home every night.

One time my boss called all of us in and said Guys I know you all don't get along but, I expect you to get along the 8 hours plus you are working here and to be civil to one another but, you don't have to go out to dinner or a ball game or even have drinks with that person once you leave here.

So I know your boss made y’all get along the 8+ hours you worked together each day…..did he make you get along the 8 + hours you guys were on break or lunches each day too?

That must have been hard, lol……..sorry kidrock, that was right across the plate, I had to take a swing there.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I try to like all my coworkers, just makes life easier.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

KTMLewThanks for the post. It was a great read

money isnt the issue with landers. having the word engineer after your name doesnt make you automatically smarter than someone w/o, i work with a ton of them daily and only about 25% if that are really good at what they do. Scott, shane mcdowell, jason durham are all really really smart common sense guys. Rumley is obviously super smart as well but his family has been fielding high level entries since like the 70s so its not just that hes an engineer that helps him

Who else has left the team? I’m obviously behind on this.

Jason Durham, at the end of last season.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1