Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Your comment had nothing to do with Pierce. You said his chances were slim. If Vegas were setting odds for the World 100, he would undoubtedly have top 5-7 odds to win the race. If you don't think Hudson is going to improve then this argument is pointless.
    You brought up age as the reason for his issues and I pointed out someone younger than him won the race. Of course he will improve, very few drivers don't.

Default Paylor

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Yea I agree. Hasn't had that great of a yr. Has struggled alot. I'm not so sure I see him back for paylor next yr. #93 has run and finished not to bad.
    They have already announced TMAC will remain with Paylor and run Longhorns. The affiliation with the house car program is merely ending. By TMAC standards he has had an off year, but is still in a position to win it all. He's won Lucas 2 consecutive years but by all means he should be kicked to the curb in favor of a kid that is a blossoming talent but not a TMAC and never will be.

I think the format is healthy. RTJ has made a ton of money this year - knew EXACTLY what the format was going in - and is in position to win it. If he doesn't win the finale - I bet he's still a very happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    You brought up age as the reason for his issues and I pointed out someone younger than him won the race. Of course he will improve, very few drivers don't.
    A younger guy won when tire rule changes happened to suit him and he was allowed to run illegal suspension. Big deal. Young guys don't usually win at Eldora in 100 lappers.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    A younger guy won when tire rule changes happened to suit him and he was allowed to run illegal suspension. Big deal. Young guys don't usually win at Eldora in 100 lappers.
    What's this suspension you speak of?

What's this suspension you speak of?
    It was after the Rumley rules were implemented and there were way too many moving parts.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

It was after the Rumley rules were implemented and there were way too many moving parts.
    He had the same thing the 6 car was running? What exactly did that device do anyway? I've heard it mentioned a bunch but no real explanation as to how it worked.

I heard that TMAC was running with an unknown advantage that year.

He seemed to have unreal speed coming out of the turns at B-town.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

He had the same thing the 6 car was running? What exactly did that device do anyway? I've heard it mentioned a bunch but no real explanation as to how it worked.
    What the 32 had was NOT what the 6 had. There are 2 different versions of the 6 device. I don't think any national team ever correctly copied either one.

The device made may corrections to inherent flaws in the way we use the 4 link suspension. It fixed real issues that most people don't even know exist.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 08-24-2023 at 03:36 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Overton had a pretty good night last night and is back in 4th.

What the 32 had was NOT what the 6 had. There are 2 different versions of the 6 device. I don't think any national team ever correctly copied either one.The device made may corrections to inherent flaws in the way we use the 4 link suspension. It fixed real issues that most people don't even know exist.
    Thanks for the info