Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

I dont think Bloomquist needs to be in perfect shape. The most important thing about racing is the knowledge of how to set up the race car. Bloomquist knows what he needs for the car to do on the Eldora track. If he has a good engine package, he could be a real threat to win.

It would be the icing on the cake of his career, to see him lay one more good ass kicking down. Possible? yep. Probable? nope...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    It would be the icing on the cake of his career, to see him lay one more good ass kicking down. Possible, yep. Probable, nope...
    Truer words have never been said ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Truer words have never been said ! !
    But they have, been said! In dam near every one of my posts that you've ever read...
    Have a nice night. Smile!

Thorton, Pierce, O'Neal, Davenport, Madden.........that's about it!

I'm hoping for a non Lucas top 5.

Marlar
    McDowell
    Pierce
    D. Erb Jr.
    Feger
    (in no necessary order)
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'm hoping for a non Lucas top 5.

Marlar
    McDowell
    Bloomquist
    D. Erb Jr.
    Feger
    (in no necessary order)
    Looks good, now... L!

Just seen video of him shaking down the car at Volunteer Speedway today and looked good. Now comes the real test.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    I dont think Bloomquist needs to be in perfect shape. The most important thing about racing is the knowledge of how to set up the race car. Bloomquist knows what he needs for the car to do on the Eldora track. If he has a good engine package, he could be a real threat to win.
    Being in shape is more important than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Being in shape is more important than you think.
    I remember the last time he won a heat at eldora, I think it was in 21. He was out of breath and it looked someone had thrown a 5gal bucket of water on him when he got out of the car. I think being decent physical shape is more important than some might realize, especially in a 100 lap race.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I remember the last time he won a heat at eldora, I think it was in 21. He was out of breath and it looked someone had thrown a 5gal bucket of water on him when he got out of the car. I think being decent physical shape is more important than some might realize, especially in a 100 lap race.
    Maybe it was an exceptionally hot and humid day ? ?

Maybe it was an exceptionally hot and humid day ? ?
    Another day in, HELL? Grin

Maybe somebody in the health profession will be on stand-by to render him an IV after the heat race to prep him on up for the rest of the event ? ?

Bloomquist may have had something bad happen to his race car during the race where he looked out of breath. I know of racers who are really in good shape and fight their car to get around the track and are totally exhausted after the race. Real racers dont give up when their car is not right. If a racer has his car really setup well he can still run well for a whole race on a half mile track despite not being perfectly fit. A quarter or third mile track can wear a driver out quicker than a half mile because the driver does not get to relax on a long straitaway .

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Just seen video of him shaking down the car at Volunteer Speedway today and looked good. Now comes the real test.
    You mean the car looked good.
    8/13/16

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    You mean the car looked good.
    Na I mean he looked good in the car.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Maybe somebody in the health profession will be on stand-by to render him an IV after the heat race to prep him on up for the rest of the event ? ?
    Yep, have some good ole corn mash drippin in them veins. He'll be just fine... Smile

Bloomquist may have had something bad happen to his race car during the race where he looked out of breath. I know of racers who are really in good shape and fight their car to get around the track and are totally exhausted after the race. Real racers dont give up when their car is not right. If a racer has his car really setup well he can still run well for a whole race on a half mile track despite not being perfectly fit. A quarter or third mile track can wear a driver out quicker than a half mile because the driver does not get to relax on a long straitaway .
    No, he was just out of shape, and is probably worse now than he was then. Eldora doesn't have long straights either to relax on either. We're not talking about Port Royal here.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    Yep, have some good ole corn mash drippin in them veins. He'll be just fine... Smile
    They are going to run bourbon through the IV ?

I say he doesnt make it. I also predict he doesnt run a consy tomorrow