Stormy Scott Parks Category 5 Race Car in Victory Lane at Batesville
Registers First Win in Self-Developed Car

LAS CRUCES, N.M. (05/14/2024) – In only his ninth start of the season, Stormy Scott made his first career visit to COMP Cams Super Dirt Series Victory Lane on Saturday night at Batesville Motor Speedway aboard his Rancho Milagro Racing / Mesilla Valley Transportation No. 2s Category 5 Race Cars / Clements Racing Engine Late Model.

The Las Cruces, New Mexico, native picked up the $12,000 top prize in Saturday’s Bad Boy 98 finale after pacing the final 20 circuits.

"I knew I could get going good on the (restarts), but I'd have to kind of brake over there for (leader Scott Crigler)," Stormy said. "I just knew that if I could ever get out in front in clean air, (that) I wasn't having to drive my race car that hard. I kind of was using him as pace. I honestly knew if I could get out there that I had a good shot at (winning). Just because this thing was so easy to drive and so good. On that (lap-48) restart, it fired like crazy and I went into one and it stuck.

“We’ve been working hard on developing and building these new Category 5 Race Cars, and it’s gratifying for our whole organization to pick up our first big win."

Stormy Scott returned to the driver’s seat of his Rancho Milagro Racing No. 2s Late Model on Friday to compete in a doubleheader weekend with the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS).

With 41 Late Models entered at Batesville Motor Speedway (Batesville, Ark.) for the Bad Boy 98 opener, Stormy raced into Friday’s preliminary with a second-place finish in his heat. Chasing the $5,000 top prize in the feature, Scott advanced six positions in the 30-lap affair to register a second-place finish. He stood alongside race-winner Tyler Stevens on the podium with Payton Freeman coming in third.

On Saturday, Scott followed up the second-fastest time in his 19-car qualifying group with a heat race victory. Taking advantage of a late bobble from pole-starting Scott Crigler in the feature, Stormy vaulted into the lead on lap 48 and paced the final 20 circuits to secure his first win of the season and the $12,000 payday.

He notched his-first career CCSDS triumph ahead of Spencer Hughes, Payton Freeman, Ashton Winger, and Crigler.

Full results from the weekend can be found at www.COMPDirt.com.

Stormy is still evaluating where he will race next, but once his plans have been finalized they will be posted at www.ScottBrothersRacing.com.

Stormy Scott would like to thank their marketing partners, which include Rancho Milagro Racing, Category 5 Race Cars, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Top of the World Ranch, Eagle Moon Hemp, Allstar Performance, Clements Racing Engines, VP Racing Fuels, Midwest Sheet Metal, Race Ranch Clothing, Slicker Graphics, Simpson, Fast Shafts, FK Rod Ends, Willy’s Carburetor, Ramirez Motorsports, Schoenfeld Headers, Hoosier, Swift Springs, Maxima Racing Oils, and PEM Racing.
For the latest information on Scott Brothers Racing, please visit www.ScottBrothersRacing.com.

PR Contact:
Jeremy Peters (jeremy.peters@myracepass.com)