Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

It's an attorney approved press release. Nothing to see here. I see nothing. I know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by MIdlmfan View Post
    Can't believe Kubota would align themselves with this bunch .. the series I can understand ... although reviewing results on MyRacePass the last couple of races they were in B-mains and would not have made the A without provisionals so they will be getting lots of airtime, the provisionals are also conveniently set up so that they make every A-main
    Look call me crazy whatever but I think just MAYBE the fact they have one of the biggest and most loyal fanbases in all of DLM racing MIGHT have something to do with it.Hey, could be wrong though.

Tyy7777,

Back to my question in post #27.

Were they a popular race team in there area before going YT?

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Tyy7777, Back to my question in post #27. Were they a popular race team in there area before going YT?
    No they were racing weekly in Florida. It’s pretty dang cool what they have built. No matter what they do anymore they have some people on the internet telling them that every decision they make is the wrong one

The question remains... Will Langenfelder repossess cars, engines, and other equipment? Will Kubota money be used to buy them back? Or will Jonathan take another questionable PPP loan? Oh, wait they don't give those out anymore.

I do think it is pretty neat what they done building their team just over a YouTube and Patreon channels. I don't have time to sit down and watch their videos like I used to. One of the last videos I remember watching was when they first got the capital car. It's definitely different the way they have did it, but they gave made it work so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Row Analyst View Post
    The question remains... Will Langenfelder repossess cars, engines, and other equipment? Will Kubota money be used to buy them back? Or will Jonathan take another questionable PPP loan? Oh, wait they don't give those out anymore.
    they were a business that was forced to shut down during covid, not sure how thats questionable?

its so funny the jealousy around their team. They built something from nothing with a couple cameras and free social media. Theyre regional guys that go to a few big shows a year and usually have a good showing. Theres nothing impressive about guys racing on their grand daddies tax write offs. If they got a corporate sponsor then good for them and theres usually 3 sides to a story

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    they were a business that was forced to shut down during covid, not sure how thats questionable?

its so funny the jealousy around their team. They built something from nothing with a couple cameras and free social media. Theyre regional guys that go to a few big shows a year and usually have a good showing. Theres nothing impressive about guys racing on their grand daddies tax write offs. If they got a corporate sponsor then good for them and theres usually 3 sides to a story
    Yep..........<cutting down on the verbose-ness>

Dlmfan123,

So HTF is sorta like the Thomas Meseraull, TmezTV of the DLM world --- good enough, thanks for answering my question.

Dlmfan123, So HTF is sorta like the Thomas Meseraull, TmezTV of the DLM world --- good enough, thanks for answering my question.
    Tmez has been racing nationally for years now, him on YouTube is only a year or two old

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Youtube, Instagram, Tic-Toc, SnapChat, are the new way.
    You forgot Facebook.

Social media wise, this forum is the closest I get to any form of social media. None of the above are my thing, nor do I have time for them. I liked racing well before today’s social media driven world. Showing up at Monett Speedway on a Sunday night just to see if Moyer or Phillips showed up was good enough for me. My buddies use to call Larry’s shop in Springfield to see where he was racing, so I guess that was old school social media -- hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Tmez has been racing nationally for years now, him on YouTube is only a year or two old
    Thanks, Dlmfan123. But the two are comparable, correct?

I just looked at the HTF YT page ---- where in the world do people get the time to look at and follow stuff like this, and 20 to 30 minute videos. To each there own, and good for HTF getting that many viewers and hits.

I just looked at the HTF YT page ---- where in the world do people get the time to look at and follow stuff like this, and 20 to 30 minute videos. To each there own, and good for HTF getting that many viewers and hits.
    My old job, I was a night shift supervisor. I had about 2hrs a night I could get some screen time in. I've changed to a truck driver since then, and then and add a wife, and kid in, I barely got time to keep up with racing news anymore.

If you do retirement properly you have 24/7 to do whatever you want. Not talking about saving tons of money being the right way. Keeping expenses down works too. I own almost nothing. Makes moving very easy...but I digest.

^

It does help to keep everything moving when you digest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    ^

It does help to keep everything moving when you digest.
    Look up Brent Terhune.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Look up Brent Terhune.
    All I saw was a bunch of facebook YT, Insta, Ticktock, etc.....

I don't do that sh|t....too old, lol.

As far as Langenfelder reposing anything, that depends on the details of the agreement. I would think, certainly hope, both sides would have crossed their T's and dotted their I's in the deal. HTF because they have free access to a racing lawyer and Lagenfelder because he's operating a large successful business that probably encounters legal matters all the time. My guess would be that Lagenfelder thought this was going to be a REALLY long term deal and fell into the bromance of the team and therefore maybe got a little too relax making the deal not ever seeing this situation coming. If that is the case, it probably won't ever happen again to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    All I saw was a bunch of facebook YT, Insta, Ticktock, etc.....

I don't do that sh|t....too old, lol.
    He's a comedian. Ends lot of his short videos with I digest instead of I digress. But not everyone has my sense-of-humor. YMMV.

I'm 66 and think he's quite funny making fun of a certain ex-president & his cult members.