Tyler Stevens Claims Bad Boy 98 Opener at Batesville
Prepping for Show-Me Weekend at Lucas Oil Speedway

SEARCY, Ark. (05/16/24) – Arkansas native Tyler Stevens collected a win in his home state on Friday evening in the Bad Boy 98 opener at Batesville Motor Speedway aboard his Keith Hammett Trucking & Construction LLC / James A. Rogers Excavating No. 2 Pitts Fuel Investments / WABAM / Longhorn by Wells Motorsports / Mod Co Racing Engine Super Late Model.

Stevens, who lives in the Natural State, swept the evening in his No. 2 Super Late Model at the 3/8-mile track in Locust Grove, Arkansas.

"I just hit my marks, and I knew if I hit my marks and did my job in the seat things would turn out well," Stevens said. "This thing, all night from the get-go, was really, really good. I've had a lot of help this week and getting back on track. Hopefully this will be another good week."

In the opener on Friday night at Batesville Motor Speedway, Tyler began by setting the quickest time overall in qualifying and winning his heat race from the pole.

Stevens then started first in the 30-lap feature and led the first 14 circuits before relinquishing the lead to Scott Crigler when he slipped exiting turn four. However, he regained the top spot on lap 23 and showed the way for the rest of the race to take the $5,000 victory by 1.159 seconds over Stormy Scott.

Payton Freeman rounded out the podium, while Billy Moyer Jr. finished fourth and Brian Rickman came home fifth.

Stevens’ win was his second this season and the sixth CCSDS victory of his career.

On Saturday, Stevens was among 39 CCSDS competitors at Batesville seeking a $12,000 payday in the event finale. He looked poised for another strong night as he was the quickest qualifier in his group and again won his heat race from the pole. Stevens rolled off second in the 68-lap main event but broke a driveshaft while running in the runner-up position. He ultimately recorded a 22nd-place result.

Stevens now has two CCSDS wins already to his credit this season.

Full weekend results are at www.COMPDirt.com.

Stevens is set to return to action over Memorial Day weekend as Lucas Oil Speedway (Wheatland, Mo.) hosts the 32nd annual Show-Me 100. The three-day event kicks off with a pair of $10,000-to-win preliminary features on Thursday and Friday with Saturday’s 100-lap finale paying $50,000 to the winner.

Full event details are available at www.LucasOilSpeedway.com.

Tyler Stevens thanks his marketing partners, which include Keith Hammett Trucking & Construction LLC, James A. Rogers Excavating, Pitts Fuel Investment, Mod Co Racing Engines, WABAM, Southern Belle, D&D Well Services, SFP Performance Systems, A2Z Racing Products, MI Truck Center, Longhorn Chassis by Wells Motorsports, Swift Springs, Penske Shocks, TruForm Race Products, PRO Fabrication, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Close Racing Supply, Steering Buddy, FK Rod Ends, Shell Shock, Sweet Manufacturing, Fragola Performance Systems, Wilwood Disc Breaks, Simpson Race Products, Gale Force, Hoosier Tire, Earnhardt Technologies Group, Walker Filtration Products, Bert Transmissions, Schaeffer’s Lubricants, QuickCar Racing Products, RUSH Race Gear, Dylan Scott, SRI Racing Products, and MyRacePass Marketing Services.

For the latest information on, please visit www.TylerStevensRacing.com.

PR Contact:
Jeremy Peters (jeremy.peters@myracepass.com)