Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Unzicker

Default Ryan Unzicker

What rotten luck. They mentioned last night he was reconsidering his racing program for the season.

why? what happened?
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

^^^ Ya gonna find on out ? ? ^^^

He's just crying about how expensive things are in racing an having mechanical problems an qualifying bad so getting caught up in wrecks.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    He's just crying about how expensive things are in racing an having mechanical problems an qualifying bad so getting caught up in wrecks.

That's not the only thing that they take issue with. I talked with his wife Michell for about 15 minutes at Kankakee on Friday at their Merch tent behind the grandstands after the heat races. It's a long story. Just some b.s. that happens behind the scenes that many fans don't know unless they were told about. No, I'm not going to spill the beans here on an internet forum. Go talk to her yourself. She was very nice to talk to. It was a very enlightening conversation.
    Good luck team 24 and the "El Paso Express" the rest of the season.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 05-19-2024 at 05:25 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

That's part of the racing politics.

Tell us 84wedge. You started the post. Guess it must be too long a story according to HDF. 🤔

I was just talking about his races lately. From points champ on MARS to nothing but problems. I'd like to hear the story from Hoosier too.

He had a nice rebound at Fairbury. His crew and helpers got the car back together and with an all black new bodywork and no graphics he qualified well and finished third in the main. He looked to be his usual smooth self.

I've seen some of the reports of, broken transmission, broken rear end, getting caught in someone else's mess. Hard to point to just one thing. It has been some bad luck overall but he did win a MARS feature a couple weeks back.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Everyone has bad luck and good luck. His luck is no worse than anyone else's. Racing is a very tough sport, every team out there struggles sometimes and works hard to overcome challenges. Club24 just talks about their bad luck more. Pity party.
    Last edited by cgrace; 05-26-2024 at 11:01 AM.

Hard to feel sorry for anyone who has a stacker

Got to respect a guy who goes out on a limb and competes in a chassis nobody else does.
    And yes, he's definitely had a rough start.
    8/13/16

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by noitall93w View Post
    Hard to feel sorry for anyone who has a stacker

I get what you're say but that stacker isn't his. Ryan's dad owns it. Didn't know if you knew that or not.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

At the end of the day, its a LUXURY to be able to race anything.

I would realign my view point, and try to keep that in mind going forward.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    I get what you're say but that stacker isn't his. Ryan's dad owns it. Didn't know if you knew that or not.
    I'm not bashing ryan but most guys with a stacker don't actually own it. Wtf does that have to do with anything. I'm sure theirs quite a few things in his racing operation that his dad owns. The point of the comment about not feeling bad for a guy is he could have a near brand new truck and trailer aswell as two brand new cars and a whole arsenal of engines for what that staker cost not to mention the cost of running and maintaining it. Everything is realative

I've yet to see 2 cars on a open trailer.
    8/13/16

You ain't lookin hard enough. I've seen Johnson group in steel block series roll in with 2 on 1. Moni stocks double up.

I was never an Unzicker fan because it sickened me the way DoD was always ridiculously positive about him, but after watching all the MARS races the past couple of years, I've grown to like the guy. He races hard, seems to work hard and he's a good driver. Seems like a nice guy. I've never seen him cry about his situation, but I don't doubt it either.

Double Stacker Open Trailers are way cool, soon a couple in my days.

Just say no...

How about the old boys in the logging business that would chain the boom to the roll cage and pick the whole car on up and then set it on down in the pits ?