Ricky Thornton Jr. Tops C.J. Rayburn Tribute at Circle City Raceway
Prepping for The $250,000 Challenge and Show-Me 100

MARTINSVILLE, Ind. (05/20/2024) – Ricky Thornton Jr. is returning to his dominant ways just as the 2024 season is ramping up. The Chandler, Ariz., native's latest accomplishment came at Circle City Raceway on Saturday driving the SSI Motorsports / Coltman Farms / Hoker Trucking No. 20RT Dyno One Inc. / Excel Floor Covering / Sub-Surface of Indiana / Longhorn Chassis / Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model.

Thornton bagged the $10,000 Northern Allstars Late Model Series-sanctioned C.J. Rayburn Tribute at the Indiana oval to record his 10th win of the season.

“It really sucked there for Daulton (Wilson), I don’t know if we would’ve been able to get (by) him without that,” Thornton said. “The track was really good, you could run all over it. I really didn’t know at the end where I needed to be, if I needed to be around the bottom, or not, but I figured heck ‘I got to the lead running the top, so I might as well stay up there.’ Josh (Rice) gave me plenty of room, I feel like we had a really good race, me and him, too.”

In his lone Super Late Model start of the weekend, Ricky Thornton Jr. was one of 26 Northern Allstars Late Model Series competitors entered at Circle City Raceway (Indianapolis, Ind.) on Friday for the C.J. Rayburn Tribute.

Starting the main event in fourth via a runner-up showing in his heat race, Thornton took command of the lead on lap 23 after leader, Daulton Wilson suffered a scrap with a slowing lapped car. Ricky went on to pace the final 18 circuits to capture his 10th win of the season and the $10,000 top prize.

He finished 2.780 seconds ahead of Tyler Erb with Josh Rice, Tanner English, and James Rice rounding out the Top-5.

Thornton’s weekend concluded with a double duty evening on Saturday at US 24 Speedway (Logansport, Ind.) aboard his Driven Performance Midwest sponsored Micros. After going seventh-to-first in his A Class Non Wing Micro, Ricky didn’t compete in the A-Main and was an early exit in the Non Wing Outlaw main event.

Full results from the events can be found at www.CircleCityRaceway.com and www.US24Speedway.net.

Thornton has a busy week upcoming with starts in the Stock Car and Super Late Model events on tap. On Monday, Ricky will pilot the Jordan Grabouski x DeVilbiss Racing Chassis Stock Car at Clay County (Iowa) Fair Speedway for The $250,000 Challenge – spanning Monday-to-Wednesday. He will then return with the SSI Motorsports team on Thursday for the Show-Me 100 weekend at Lucas Oil Speedway. The three-day event kicks off with a pair of $10,000-to-win preliminary features on Thursday and Friday with Saturday’s 100-lap finale paying $50,000 to the winner.

Full event details at www.ClayCountyFair.com and www.LucasDirt.com.

Ricky Thornton Jr. would like to thank all of his marketing partners, which include: SSI Motorsports, Dyno One, Excel Floor Covering, Coltman Farms, Hoker Trucking, Certified Inspection Service (CSI), High Performance Lubricants, Big River Steel, Van Meter Insurance Group, Varsitee Screen Printing, West Side Tractor Sales Co., Sub-Surface of Indiana, Midwest Sheet Metal, D&E Outside Services, Lethal Chassis, Dylan Earven Foundation, EMD Wraps, Brembo, Keyser Manufacturing, Wiles Driveshafts, Barnes Systems, Strange Oval, Schoenfeld Headers, The Joie of Seating, Earnhardt Technologies, FK Rod Ends, BMRS, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Hoosier Tire, Performance Bodies, Jones Racing Products, Simpson Racing Products, NAPA (Morgantown – Bargersville), Swift Springs, Bilstein, Winning Edge Carburetion, Longhorn Chassis, Clements Racing Engines, and MyRacePass Marketing Services.

Visit the team’s official website at www.TwentyRT.com often for the latest team information. You can also stay connected with Ricky Thornton Jr. on social media at https://www.facebook.com/rickythorntonjrracing on Facebook, and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/RThornton20rt.

PR Contact:
Jeremy Peters (jeremy.peters@myracepass.com)