Default Wheelbase Change Throughout the Night

What is a common/standard wheelbase change from the beginning of the night to feature time (standard 1/4 mile, moderate banking, not stop & go but not sweeping turns either, burnt off slick for the feature)?

Shortening the right side 1/2" and lengthening the left side 1/2"? Or do some go more/less?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

2 turns on both rods is noticable.

I would do 2 on the lower, and 3 on top, and check the Index.

Usually i would only do the RR rods, fwd or aft, for whatever effect you were searching for.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    What is a common/standard wheelbase change from the beginning of the night to feature time (standard 1/4 mile, moderate banking, not stop & go but not sweeping turns either, burnt off slick for the feature)?

Shortening the right side 1/2" and lengthening the left side 1/2"? Or do some go more/less?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
    We are pretty dominate at a track like that and typically I don't change wheel base at all there.

agree billet , we only used it as a quick fix at the track which only masked a problem some where else ...

Thank you for the info. In already thinking about the "no change" aspect, I considered the fact that the track size and configuration doesn't change throughout the night (only track surface and maybe the line/groove you run).

Is anyone willing to share the amount of steer typical in your car? Statically, my RR is 3/4" back from my LR. With the LR at full-droop and the RR still at ride height (I should say with a ride height stick installed instead of the shock), the difference in the two is 4 1/2" (LR in front of RR). That's measured at the inner edge of the caliper mounts on the axle tubes.

I don't typically adjust it either, as far as at track. But there are people that do and run well. I don't think there's a car out there where axle alignment and wheel loads are perfect at all points on the track. They are operating on a combo that balances the car out decently, if they are competitive.

As far as your alignment, you have more at both ends of travel than I do, on the car I've spent years tweaking.

I'm not sure where we are on the newer one.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

It was a common tweak we use to use on our Rayburn cars back in the day, but not all the time. Mainly for just a minor tweak, not game changing in effect.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14