Default What caused Chris Madden to finish last in the recent WOO Late Model feature ?

Saw Chris Madden finished last in the latest WOO SLM race. I was wondering what caused him to finish last .

I watched the replay video (taken by Path Valley) of the lining up for the four wide and green flag. Before and right after the four wide, Madden is in sixth. But after the field did the loud pedal to get back to two by two behind the pace truck, you can see the 44 pull out of line by the flag stand. I couldn't see him in the field after that but the video wasn't the best. I guess he pulled in. He wasn't scored having run any laps. Best I can manage. No mention of details in any recaps.
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)

I believe he lost an engine.

Per dirttracker on you tube electrical issue

Probably a crank trigger, it's a common failure. The engine loses fire when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Probably a crank trigger, it's a common failure. The engine loses fire when that happens.
    But most have the option to flip a switch and trigger off the distributor. Slightly different timing setting but it sure will run.

He said it was an engine issue that they couldn’t fix

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    But most have the option to flip a switch and trigger off the distributor. Slightly different timing setting but it sure will run.
    When we broke one, we were done. It wasn't worth melting a piston over. Just speaking from experience.

Exclamation RTJ Flicked The Switch

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    When we broke one, we were done. It wasn't worth melting a piston over. Just speaking from experience.
    Ricky Thornton actually did this on his way to victory in the Prairie Dirt Classic last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Row Analyst View Post
    Ricky Thornton actually did this on his way to victory in the Prairie Dirt Classic last year.
    Amazing how many here have no idea what they talking about. Reducing timing is a tool used when it's really slick. That's what "the switch" does. But as I've mentioned before, whole lot of folks been told to be outraged about everything.

Post Not True? RTJ Actually Said It!

Amazing how many here have no idea what they talking about. Reducing timing is aool used when it's really slick. That's what "the switch" does. But as I've mentioned before, whole lot of folks been told to be outraged about everything.
    FYI, RTJ actually said it in his victory lane interview.

https://youtu.be/Kw_sO8kZOBk?si=uJAhX2QwMdWDBvxi&t=495

Nothing new about a "switch." Model A Fords had it right on the steering column. Only it was a lever. Wasn't used to reduce performance on a slick track like the modern version but to get the little 4 banger to start. Henry Ford would turn over in his grave to see the electronics nightmare the modern car has become.

FYI, RTJ actually said it in his victory lane interview.

https://youtu.be/Kw_sO8kZOBk?si=uJAhX2QwMdWDBvxi&t=495
    I quoted the wrong person. Of course once he started to get ratioed he deleted his crap. I was agreeing with you.

Amazing how many here have no idea what they talking about. Reducing timing is a tool used when it's really slick. That's what "the switch" does. But as I've mentioned before, whole lot of folks been told to be outraged about everything.
    Not everybody uses it as a tool, at least we didnt. We basically used it as a limp mode. We weren't dealing with endless supply of money. It's amazing how people seem to think certain folk are dumb, but don't understand that everyone isn't made of money.