Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    If you are well and get tested, you are playing into the hands of the powers that want a high count and may likely be tested positive whether you are or not. Don't get tested unless you have a very good reason to.
    Agreed. We should start protesting testing. No tests = no new "cases" = go back to normal and stop letting the liberals oppress us.

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH ROLLER View Post
    311 just got hit this week. There back racing this sat w no fans. Saw it posted online today or yesterday lol. Reason being they were not dostancing and masking.
    Masks and social distancing aren't laws in any state. Just suggestions. Those things never passed the legislature to become law.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    4 nc tracks within a hour drive from charlotte is running weekly shows and nobody is trying to shut them down. Carolina Speedway,311 speedway, friendship speedway and east linconton all having full grandstands. also millbridge have been having overflowing grandstands for its karts and 3/4 midgets shows.
    They are getting talked to. I have the email that was sent to one of the tracks listed, it is from the county health department. They have not shut them down but I can tell you they are turning up the heat on the racetracks. WSOC news in Charlotte did another story on 311 yesterday as well, hope they do not have the power to shut them down but not sure how long the promoter's can buck the system.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    They are getting talked to. I have the email that was sent to one of the tracks listed, it is from the county health department. They have not shut them down but I can tell you they are turning up the heat on the racetracks. WSOC news in Charlotte did another story on 311 yesterday as well, hope they do not have the power to shut them down but not sure how long the promoter's can buck the system.
    Health departments aren't elected officials and therefore cannot arbitrarily control commerce within the state. Neither can governors even though the mindless sheep are letting them think they can.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Masks and social distancing aren't laws in any state. Just suggestions. Those things never passed the legislature to become law.
    Never said they were laws just if they want to race they have to do what they have to do to continue. People act like its a big deal to do what there state wants them to do. Its only temporary so why not go with it. I wear a mask only in certain instances where thy require one. Do I like it? No I dont but its not a big deal to me. Im not a YOUR NOT GOING TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN OR CANT DO type of person.
    Just my 2 cents.

YOUR NOT GOING TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN OR CANT DO type of person.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Easy there a FranSIS!! NOW GO MAKE SAMMICHES!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Never said they were laws just if they want to race they have to do what they have to do to continue. People act like its a big deal to do what there state wants them to do. Its only temporary so why not go with it. I wear a mask only in certain instances where thy require one. Do I like it? No I dont but its not a big deal to me. Im not a YOUR NOT GOING TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN OR CANT DO type of person.
    Just my 2 cents.
    I agree. It can be a pain as sometimes I run to the store and forget a mask, but it’s not that big of a pain to wear one to get back to normal. It can be a misdemeanor here in Indiana, but I think you’d have to be doing something stupid to get charged.

If they move it to Volusia, I wouldn't go. Charlotte is in my backyard. Only go to FL in February...

Hope this would not affect the World Short Track Championship weekend before the Finals. I have my campsite and it has become my preffered weekend OVER the World Finals. Alot more laid back, alot less crowded, alot more racing!!

Charlotte is real close but I’d drive to Volusia over going here. This state doesn’t deserve the tax revenue generated by this .. this year

Longtime reader finally decided to join lol but I do have a very reliable source that tells me the Cherokee promoters announced in drivers meeting a few weeks back that they’ll be the host of the short track if it cannot be held at Charlotte
    Quote Originally Posted by Trax53 View Post
    If they move it to Volusia, I wouldn't go. Charlotte is in my backyard. Only go to FL in February...Hope this would not affect the World Short Track Championship weekend before the Finals. I have my campsite and it has become my preffered weekend OVER the World Finals. Alot more laid back, alot less crowded, alot more racing!!

Cherokee would be awesome. How do the sprint car guys like that place ?

Was just filled in on this crazy situation. There was a 3rd track in the mix just in case Florida shut completely down but the powers at be gave the green light. They are giving it one last go to see if they can race at the Dirt Track but it doesnt seem possible at this point. Heard it will be announced soon though. They are scrambling to figure out the ticket issue. LOTS of tickets were sold ahead of time for the World Finals.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

How do you run the World Finals at Volusia the same as Charlotte? How many fans does Volusia hold and is there parking for 160 race car haulers?

Email from home told me Dixieland got shut down, or agreed to shut down. Maybe only this week though. I have no idea what's up with the racing after I get home. Brinkleyville? No fans in the stands ays their website don't know about CLR, Fayetteville. I'm not gonna have to go to West By God or South Carolina am I? Race car won't be ready this year, may not even be worth the work to try to run it. This all ends in November.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Cherokee would be awesome. How do the sprint car guys like that place ?
    I believe hes talking about the racing the wknd befor the world finals there flyboy

I believe hes talking about the racing the wknd befor the world finals there flyboy
    I think you are right. I’m not reading very well today.

According to my source at The Dirt Track, they are still a go for now. I was told it all depends on what phase our state is in at the time. At 4 p.m. today, our POS Governor decided to keep us in phase 2 until Sept 11. I guess we will wait and see.
    If you aint got dirt, its your own asphalt!

Even though the governor said his mask rule is working... 👎

i hate coming on here and listening to this right wing bull from this gearhead clown. if you want four more years of this 21,000 time liar your not an american in my book. i served twelve yrs in the service and am p.o'd that this fat worthless clown in the white house cannot explain to us about his butt kissing buddy from russia putting out bountys on our soldiers which I am proud to be a part of. us vote vets are going to do all we can to get this crook out of office, so get used to it whether you think i'm a liberal or not, i'm an american first. and if you have anything to add feel free to expound your nonsense because its those like you that have f---ed up this country's democracy

Quote Originally Posted by dirtlover1947 View Post
    i hate coming on here and listening to this right wing bull from this gearhead clown. if you want four more years of this 21,000 time liar your not an american in my book. i served twelve yrs in the service and am p.o'd that this fat worthless clown in the white house cannot explain to us about his butt kissing buddy from russia putting out bountys on our soldiers which I am proud to be a part of. us vote vets are going to do all we can to get this crook out of office, so get used to it whether you think i'm a liberal or not, i'm an american first. and if you have anything to add feel free to expound your nonsense because its those like you that have f---ed up this country's democracy
    Yeah, it's Trump's fault that Dem governors are taking our freedom away, killing people, and destroying lives and businesses. Meanwhile had Trump gotten involved in state affairs you would be calling him a dictator and saying he should stop getting involved. So yes, you are definitely a liberal if you hate freedom and the American dream.