Thread: Rocket b/g

Default Rocket b/g

The car I had previously worked on and walked away from has now landed fully in my lap. Theres a couple of issues that need addressing. The former crew chief had changed the lr underslung to xr1 demensions and ie increased the drop quite a bit. Now, the driveshaft is bottoming out and has worn the tailshaft bushing out twice. Whats my best fix.......a)shorter yoke, b) shorter shaft(it is carbon fiber), c)lessen the drop?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    The car I had previously worked on and walked away from has now landed fully in my lap. Theres a couple of issues that need addressing. The former crew chief had changed the lr underslung to xr1 demensions and ie increased the drop quite a bit. Now, the driveshaft is bottoming out and has worn the tailshaft bushing out twice. Whats my best fix.......a)shorter yoke, b) shorter shaft(it is carbon fiber), c)lessen the drop?
    You forgot lengthen wheelbase, tune it for less steer, move engine forward, 1000# 5th coil
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

A Shorter yoke doesn't make the shaft bottom out any less, just less spline on shaft

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You forgot lengthen wheelbase, tune it for less steer, move engine forward, 1000# 5th coil
    I actually thought about lengthening the wheelbase.

What would be the maximum without having to change shock mounts, j-bar mounts etc?

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    A Shorter yoke doesn't make the shaft bottom out any less, just less spline on shaft
    The owners "repair" shop told him that. I wont actually have my hands on the car for a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I actually thought about lengthening the wheelbase.

What would be the maximum without having to change shock mounts, j-bar mounts etc?
    I'm not a Rocket guy, so I'm not sure. I'd have to move it and check everything out for binds. I'm guessing you don't need a lot.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1