Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gorj View Post
    both should be done for the weekend, what a joke
    agree!!!!!

Chris Madden has became ridiculous. Used to be a big fan of his but how many times has he been caught tire cheating? Gees, you would think he would learn by now that whatever kind of tire dope he's using is being caught.

Default Whats that smell

Just wondering if the tires were checked after the Race Of Champions race.Seems like they would be.How many cars in ROC race.

Sure hate to miss this show this year, what's up with them tires.......................again!

Late Model Mark

Default Tire Resting

The sniffer that was used at East Alabama last night was operated by (Tim from Nesmith) the same guy that said Eric Cooley was illegal. This guys obviously has something against Bryson Motorsports. Eric's tire was sent to 2 different lads and was found legal. I can't understand why these races want just do the right thing and send everyone's tire sample to the lab. The guy running the sniffer can say anyone is legal or illegal. They put all of the power in one guys hand. Never mind that it hurts a guys reputation , race drivers like Mike and Eric both
    have never been in those situations before, they dont needed to cheat. Now this guys hurts these drivers career. The tire sniffer has been proven time and time again to be wrong, but tracks continue to use them and let a bag full if air determine the future of every driver it test. Hopefully one day the tracks will change from this unproven testing method.

Quote Originally Posted by gorj View Post
    both should be done for the weekend, what a joke
    Phil, I agree 100%, send them both home and maybe that will teach them a lesson. Im a Madden fan and I dont understand why he does it, if its true. Hes to good of a driver to have to do that. That being said Im still going to pull for him and nothings going to change that. A real fan sticks by their driver no matter the circumstances. I guess he will just have to come through the consi. Go Smokey!!!!
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

Have the track send it to a lab. Nope that cost like 300.00 or something like that .. That sniffer is not 100%. I would pay for it and have the track keep chain of command on samples just to say ,,see told ya your f o s . .

Watching the DoD video, Francis and Owens were both defending Marlar and Madden. You know it is a shady system when 2 of your competitors say they were treated unfairly.

From someone that has used the sniffer and labs, it's a lost cause with the tire prep that is used today. Labs cant find the prep after the sample has set for a couple of days waiting to be sent off. The sniffer can pick up alot of prep, but only if the guys over treat it. With Tim and NeSmith, they never let you see the reading and never have a variance. From working with many different compounds of rubber, the softer tires will produce readings on the sniffer. The guy using the sniffer has to be aware of this and give some ground. I mean a 500 reading is not that bad (the range of Cooley's at Magnolia) but you get guys in the 1000's, then there is an issue!!!! If you had a lab onsite, then maybe you could catch the tire prep, but you have to get the tires when it's most widely used... At the start of the race, heat, or qualifying. It's a lost cause, anymore!!!!!JMO

Just open the tire rule they can afford it if they can travel

Default Tire Testing

Well actually the tire that was tested of Erics at Magnolia by Tim the point range was never disclosed. The tire was sent to 2 labs and was 100 % legal. Mikes tire also will be sent to the lab and tested and once again the tire sniffer will be proven wrong. Im confussed as to how Tim can say its 100% when hes been proven wrong many times. I suppose in his little world he can be right. I guess this is just another reason the non sanctioned races are going away. I use to love these type of races, but when things like this happen it makes race teams not want to go be apart of this. Race teams cant afford to get shafted like this.

How many tires were sniffed and passed?
    Rick Downs

Default Mike marlar @ eams

Every one needs to read and hear mike marlar statment to dirtondirt.com the way he was treated you can see that he was honest and that he treated so unfairly at eams..this weekend ...

does anyone have any race results?

William Thomas won both crate and sportsman race. LM about to take the track.

Sorry phone problema, Sullivan won consi. 100 next.

thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber525 View Post
    Every one needs to read and hear mike marlar statment to dirtondirt.com the way he was treated you can see that he was honest and that he treated so unfairly at eams..this weekend ...
    can you copy and paste... not a member

Quote Originally Posted by #1 56FAN View Post
    How many tires were sniffed and passed?
    All the rest of them. Except for Joe Armistead Jr. After tonight's consy.

Per Owens Facebook page Owens wins!