Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

He is exactly right. The promoter bought an insurance policy to basically pay the jackpot. It works the same way as a hole in 1 at a golf tournament. The insurance agency is betting Bobby doesn't win the 250k and Arizona speedway is betting he does. I'd say that cost Arizona speedway between 7 and 10% depending on the insurance company that took the bait! Lol

For the record, I will not be surprised if Bobby sweeps the deal, especially as dominant as the top is right now. I dont see the big name in the field that can stop him.

Whoever is putting up that $250,000 needs to be on the phone to Bloomquist and be like "Hey, here's the deal, we need you to come out here and foil this bonus, we'll pay ya $50k to show up, plus the winnings. Sound good?"

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    He is exactly right. The promoter bought an insurance policy to basically pay the jackpot. It works the same way as a hole in 1 at a golf tournament. The insurance agency is betting Bobby doesn't win the 250k and Arizona speedway is betting he does. I'd say that cost Arizona speedway between 7 and 10% depending on the insurance company that took the bait! Lol
    The track isn't really betting either way. They are just limiting their max liability. This type of deal is very hard to handicap when you have no idea who will be there. The insurance company is not in as good of a situation as they usually are. I bet they miscalculated the odds with the given field.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

well I'm pulling for him but he hasn't won anything yet still a long way to go...

For the record, I will not be surprised if Bobby sweeps the deal, especially as dominant as the top is right now. I dont see the big name in the field that can stop him.
    Centeroff you are exactlly right on this call!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Chris Simpson comes to my mind. We shall see?

I don't care what is said, there are racers there that can win. The difference is track condition or a little tweek on the car or even just confidence. There is only a blink of the eye, between Hero and Zero. This bonus is a tough nut to crack, even with two wins in. Don't sell the accomplishment short, if it happens. The thing I like about Bobby is, there is no quit in that kid. Kind of refreshing with today's kids.

Guys that can win in AZ, EPJ, Mars, Thornton, Sandars, Simpson, Moyer, Whitwell, Albertson, Erb and Brezeale. It is very rare to win by more than a couple tenths anywhere. That isn't much to overcome. The attitude of no one here can win, is what racers have to beat their selves.

Don't know how many others pierce would have to collude with but, I remember a race that seemed a bit suspicious concerning a late race pass...

ECKERT EARNS RICHEST PAYDAY IN UDTRA HISTORY
    NEW RICHMOND, WI - Rick Eckert of York, PA earned the richest one-day payoff in the history of the United Dirt Track Racing Association Pro DirtCar Series by winning the USA Nationals Sunday afternoon at Cedar Lake Speedway and pocketing the top prize of $141,000 driving the Cameron Car Corner/Raye Vest Rocket/Cornett Taurus…..

Eckert made the winning pass on lap 93 of the 100-lap race when 1999 UDTRA Champion Dale McDowell of Rossville, GA slipped in oil after a restart in turn two, which opened the door for Eckert, who also slipped in the same oil a couple of laps later, but held on for the win.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Bub - you don't think Marlar or Overton can win????????????

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Anybody know how attendance has been?
    I can tell you that Saturday was one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) crowds that I have seen at this event. Sunday was not quite as big, but bigger than most finales in years past of this event.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdomine22 View Post
    Bub - you don't think Marlar or Overton can win????????????
    Of course they can win. Probably a couple more that I missed.

Bobby has a good chance of at least getting 4 of them. I mean, the two people that were a little better than him last year, aren't there.

And I see no chance of Bloomer coming. He has never raced in them AZ races that I know of, and has always said he is getting ready for the season/Speedweeks when asked why he doesn't attend.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Here is something to think about, when it comes to Top, Bottom or multi-groove tracks. The passing points format makes more cars run on other than the fast groove. This makes for a multi- groove track, where time trials make the track more one groove. That groove can be top bottom or middle, depending on what is natural for that track. As the night goes on, the difference in groove times gets to be more and more, eliminating the slow groove. If it gets ran on early in the night, it keeps up as far as times go.

After complaining about Passing points Clanton, didn't return. After going out there for a passing point format and getting it changed, I didn't return either. Looks to be a no win scenario. I will never go to a race promoted by this person. You can't trust him.

First and foremost if I had a choice between passing points or qualifying, my vote is for passing points. With that being said, the cream usually always rises to the top....

Bobby fell back to 5th on one of the restarts, and somehow was able to get the lead. Two guys were running the bottom and two guys were running the top. But somehow he was able to get back to the front... The track was very hammer down and hard to pass on Saturday, but Sunday was racy all night.

There have been a lot of drivers wanting qualifying over passing points, not just Clanton. Chris Kearns and Kevin Montgomery are the Co-Promoters of this Event. I don't know Montgomery so much, but I do know Kearns. I will tell you that they aim to please both the drivers and the fans. They have done the passing points over the years, and elected to do time trials this year. I don't fault them for giving it a shot if that's what some of the drivers are wanting. If there are no cars, there will be no fans is how I see it. If you choose as a fan to stay home because it's not passing points, that's your right and nothing wrong with that. Saying those words about Kearns without knowing his name or giving facts to backup your thoughts is a little disturbing, but whatever.... It's obvious you don't know Kearns.

Kevin Montgomery does a really good job at prepping the track. This place is new to him, but I am sure he'll get it figured out. This is a desert, so the sand below the surface can really suck out the moisture if you don't pour enough water on it.

I'm a diehard fan, and I will continue to support the Event no matter what the format is, or who shows up or who doesn't. This Event for a long time was a Regional racers race (no Clanton, Davenport, O'Neal, Lanigan, etc), and it was exciting. So if the National guys don't come, that's ok too. Would I like for those guys to be there, hell yes, but they stay home, it is what it is.

The only way I see this as "a no win scenario" is if there are no cars in the pits and no fans in the stands. Again, you choose to stay home that's fine. You are missing out on 70 degree weather and some REALLY good racing. (In all three classes). I will admit that I was VERY skeptical about this event going to this venue after attending a race earlier in the year. (I kept it low key, cause I was hoping for the best.) Man oh man, I could not have been more wrong after being there last weekend.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Bobby has a good chance of at least getting 4 of them. I mean, the two people that were a little better than him last year, aren't there.

And I see no chance of Bloomer coming. He has never raced in them AZ races that I know of, and has always said he is getting ready for the season/Speedweeks when asked why he doesn't attend.
    Totally agree. Bobby will get at least 4.
    I know what you mean, but Bloomquist has raced in AZ. quite a few times. It was many years ago, probably when he still lived out West.

bloomquist won't beat pierce in 2017 anyway!!!
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    bloomquist won't beat pierce in 2017 anyway!!!

You did that just to make me post???????

I thought Bloomquist retired lol

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    You did that just to make me post???????
    lmao!!!

you are on the list!

but there are a few newer trolls I was fishing for.

you know me too well. others still take me seriously!

I guess I'll be the 1 to start a NEW argument. I never looked at the rules this year and just assumed it was Lucas rules or WoO rules. But obviously its neither since the winner from both nights has 3 shocks (some version of a Rumley device) on his car on the Left rear. Everyone on this forum that turns wrenches on these cars know (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) well that it works. That thing works well enough to gain .2 to .3 tenths every lap against those not using it. Everyone b1tched last year about Oneal and his different window posts. It was just 1 of the things that was making them tighten up on the rules. Well they may have but 3 shocks on the left rear is NOT what I expected to hear. I know for a fact he ran it both nights. So don't get on me asking for proof. That comes from who we know that is there in person and what connections we have with them. So get over it. I'm not mad because Bobby won. I'm upset because of the way it is being done plus the fact that thousand of $$$ are up for grabs and this device is involved, AGAIN.