Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dtwc

Default Dtwc

Anyone else think this race has literally sucked!?

If I paid 50.00 to get in I would be kind of disappointed but, it happens but, might be in for a good finish lets see

Pierce just put Don Oneal in the wall! Just got better!!!!!!!! Lol

I really don't like PRP. And they never do anything to make the racing any better there.

I’d agree. Racing has been lock down since about 60 laps in every year. Just nothing super exciting anymore down here. Plus way too many BS cautions.

That's why I dont go. The dtwc needs to go back to atomic.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy84 View Post
    That's why I dont go. The dtwc needs to go back to atomic.
    I agree, haven't been to the DTWC in years and I miss it. But hell this years racing looked better than any of the past ones but was still overall not that good. If it were to go back to Atomic (KC) I'd be there..

Does anyone know who won the non-qualifiers race ? Was it run before or after the 100 lapped ?

McDowell won it, and the last event of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    I really don't like PRP. And they never do anything to make the racing any better there.
    The track configuration is subpar. The corner banking has needed fixing for years, and effectively results in half of the corners not being used. Limiting space the cars will run plus a long race equals choo choo, which is what PRP is known for on long races.

Were it me I’d pull the ukes with n a bit, and scallop out the banking towards the wall. Or, something along similar lines to develop consistent multiple grooves. The track needs two viable racing lanes, and has not had them consistently for the past 15 years. If apRP is going to continue getting multiple Lucas shows and the DTWC they need to up their product, because it’s consistently lacking.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

At the wall is literally a ledge, and then a drop off in 3&4. They own a construction company, it can be fixed. If the Colemans still own it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Was there Thursday paid $75 for 3 day pass, as they don't sell 1 day pit pass. When we left that night i handed my pass to a friend and said have fun, I think the racing the is terrible
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

A couple of the worst DTWC’s l have attended were at KC, aka Atomic. Choo choo trains plus the place is a sh!thole.

I thought the B-mains were excellent and the first 50-60 laps of the feature were good. The last 40 it definitely locked down around the bottom but I give kudos to Ferguson, Moyer, both O'Neals, Bronson, Pierce, Richards and Moran for at least trying to make the top work. I had a great time and will go back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TTS_JF View Post
    Was there Thursday paid $75 for 3 day pass, as they don't sell 1 day pit pass. When we left that night i handed my pass to a friend and said have fun, I think the racing the is terrible
    You saw a very non typical surface for PRP. Not saying it's always great, but that was not normal on Thursday.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    Does anyone know who won the non-qualifiers race ? Was it run before or after the 100 lapped ?
    McDowell won the NQ race and took home $3k, Erb finished 5th in the DTWC and took home $5k.

The last DTWC that was a good race was at Lawrenceburg in 2009 and it was a day race because of weather. It has sucked ever since at WVMS, Atomic and Portsmouth. It is time for a change but Lucas and Short seem to love PRP so the $$$ must work out good for them. 3 separate trips to PRP for Lucas is hard to understand from a quality of racing point of view.

This year they finally ran the NonQ race last. Finally. Had they run it first the track would have been more locked down and single lane than it was.

Atomic cannot handle that race, the facilities aren’t adequate. PRP at least has room for port a pots and more food vendors. But they have to figure out what’s up with the Track. Racing hasn’t been good for several years. We will keep going and supporting the track but needs some work.

PRP just needs to ask for help if they can't figure it out. There are good track prep guys that would laugh their asses off when they looked at PRP's corner configuration, and they would know how to fix it.

I go every year and the DTWC needs to be brought into the new ages. Portsmouth is not the answer. I like another poster mentioned believes it needs to go back to Lawrenceburg.