Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dtwc

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerdirtking View Post
    I go every year and the DTWC needs to be brought into the new ages. Portsmouth is not the answer. I like another poster mentioned believes it needs to go back to Lawrenceburg.
    Lawrenceburg is a nice facility with a racing surface that also leaves much to be desired.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The place was pretty packed last night. I'm gonna guess ticket sales are strong, car count is pretty good, and Lucas Oil, Short,and Portsmouth all have a solid relationship. Unless it goes back to West Virginia it should probably stay where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Lawrenceburg is a nice facility with a racing surface that also leaves much to be desired.
    I absolutely hate the track configuration

Lucas oil races have actually been somewhat of a snoozefest for quite a while, the more tech that goes into these cars, the more the racing suffers, Dirt Late models is looking more and more like Nascar, especially with Lucas and WOO teams with out of control spending and comped things from corporate sponsors of the 2 series.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Lucas oil races have actually been somewhat of a snoozefest for quite a while, the more tech that goes into these cars, the more the racing suffers, Dirt Late models is looking more and more like Nascar, especially with Lucas and WOO teams with out of control spending and comped things from corporate sponsors of the 2 series.
    They need to go back to having flat noses and implement a ground clearance rule for them. The racing would be better if the body rules were reeled back in again and the cars slowed down.

There is no doubt a combination of poor track surfaces and these out of control bodies are contributing to sub par racing. But having to deal with $hitty facilities are another. If some of these places would think about the paying customers it would be nice. I would be ashamed to think as an owner that the bathrooms facilities are adequate for both sexes. Maybe Carl is trying to keep up the tradition of promoting another $hithole like Pennsboro.

The last decent DTWC was a Lawrenceburg, no fan of that place, but it was far the last decent DTWC. Atomic was horrible.

The bathroom facilities at PRP are the way they are for a reason... think about it

they can build an elevated bathroom like there suites or the media center in turn one.

if you are going to have a so-called "crown jewel" the facilities should be of the same caliber. Lucas Oil Speedway not a $hithole, Batesville not a $hithole, I-80 not a $hithole, Cedar Lake not a $hithole, Eldora, Knoxville, the short track at Lowes, Las Vegas, Texas Motor Speedway, Sawyer's VMS again not a $hithole. If your facilities are a dump sorry you need to step up or step aside.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    McDowell won the NQ race and took home $3k, Erb finished 5th in the DTWC and took home $5k.
    Super Lame!!

Drop the lucas oil sanctioning, pay 50,000 for 1st and pay the 50 grand you saved theu the field. And u can put whatever the sanctioning fee into the purse also. And no series provisionals.

Top heavy purses are a joke.

Drop the lucas oil sanctioning, pay 50,000 for 1st and pay the 50 grand you saved theu the field. And u can put whatever the sanctioning fee into the purse also. And no series provisionals.
    I would not be surprised at all if Carl actually doesn't pay a sanctioning fee on this event. {Just a guess from me, but I think this is a race Lucas wants on their calendar}
    "The Wise One"

I will concur 100,000 to 5gs for 5th is pathetic...

watched it on DOD. seemed pretty decent to me.

The last decent DTWC was a Lawrenceburg, no fan of that place, but it was far the last decent DTWC. Atomic was horrible.
    One year at Atomic was bad. Not sure how that makes it all horrible. When Schrader knew he was losing the track and we had high winds and sun, that was the turd. Other than that, Atomic is the best place it has been at.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerdirtking View Post
    they can build an elevated bathroom like there suites or the media center in turn one.

Yeah all the old and crippled can just get f*cked I guess. I’ve never heard anyone b*tch about how nasty Atomics bathroom is every night

Lawrenceburg would be the ideal place. the 2009 dtwc was a good race. the promotor just needs to hire a prep guy. the 2009 race was prepped by another guy...tim Johnson.

the candy man.