Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Macon. but as I said before haven't been to every track in USA so can't say. Like previously said there's that hidden gem that many don't know about. Just like fairbury was 7 years ago. I love to hear about the hidden gems. gearhead why you on hear? don't you have somewhere to protest at? this is racing forum not your b.s. anti government crap
    Because poor decision making by promoters has an impact on the overall ratings of racetracks, wouldn't you agree? Try to keep up...the subject is best racetracks in the US. The promoters and the decisions they make play a big part in the fan experience. Since we all have tickets for Eldora this weekend and they canceled for no reason (the weather looks pretty nice) , that does effect their ranking. That goes for every other racetrack that is closed as well.

As much as I don't like a lot of what Rick Jones has done, at least he opened Roaring Knob for business weeks ago. I also give credit to Lincoln and Selinsgrove here in PA. Tyler County ran 1 show with pit admission only and then another show with fans, and they're opening Ohio Valley Speedway with pit admission this weekend as well. so kudos to them.

Pennsboro

Hey man- my feelings are definitely not hurt! Like I said: i wasn’t trying to be a butt-hole! The question was “best race track.” Speaking for myself- picking 1 overall track would be something to really consider & be difficult to do considering all aspects of racing venues. Eldora comes to mind first but that’s kinda not relevant to other tracks because it’s so sacred & different from anything else. I just thought the thread would be more significant if folks listed only 1 track as being their favorite- instead of maybe top 5. I definitely know where you are coming from listing your top picks & I didn’t intend to pee in any bodies corn flakes! My apologies to you!

I would have to say East bay but I love the atmosphere at Cherokee and I love the true 1/2 mile tracks like Lancaster and a few others like Brunswick. Millbridge. Too many spoiled rich kids. Yes I have been there. I love the grassroots “sprint car” part of the track but too much NASCAR involvement there.

Knoxville IA
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Knoxville, IA

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    Wytheville, VA.
    Love this place. Cant wait till they have there SLM race this yr.

I think this topic should be expanded. The 'best track' is usually one of the same five or so... Eldora, Knoxville, Fairbury, Lucas Oil Speedway and another track or two for example. Let's toss out the tracks that hold 'crown jewel' type races and consider the best lesser known tracks. One of my favorites that fall under that category would be West Libery, IA.

Knoxville!

Cedar Lake.

Eastbay for racing and STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE!!

Cedar Lake

Wytheville. I keep hearing about this track. I may have to go check it out. It’s not far north of Friendship speedway.

Quote Originally Posted by 15b24fan View Post
    I think this topic should be expanded. The 'best track' is usually one of the same five or so... Eldora, Knoxville, Fairbury, Lucas Oil Speedway and another track or two for example. Let's toss out the tracks that hold 'crown jewel' type races and consider the best lesser known tracks. One of my favorites that fall under that category would be West Libery, IA.
    Good thought and I agree. 24 fan? (Hopefully not meaning Jeff Gordon) 

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Good thought and I agree. 24 fan? (Hopefully not meaning Jeff Gordon) 
    Yep, been a Birky and Gordon fan since the mid 90's. Now that one is retired and the other is on a limited schedule, I don't have a strong favorite. There are a number of guys I pull for and just really enjoy many types of racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadly329 View Post
    Nothing beats Eldora. From the fan experience to the level of racing, hands down.
    Hard to argue with this.

I live within spitting distance of Eldora. I go to Florence Speedway for my racing action. Eldora is great for big shows, but no weekly racing program to speak of. Since racing has been shut down in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana, I've had to go elsewhere for my entertainment. I've been to I 55, Boyd's, Mississippi Thunder Speedway, and Cedar Lake Speedway. This weekend, I'm going to Wartburg Speedway and I 75 Raceway. All have been good, but haven't left any track before midnight. Issue has always been track condition. I would go back to anyone of those tracks except Boyd's. We'll see about this weekend's tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    Without a doubt i-55 Raceway pevely mo
    Visited there once for an Outlaws LM show. It literally rained dirt during every race.

Don't ignore Bruton/Humpy's three dirt tracks: Texas, Charlotte, and Vegas. I wish they all had real promoters. Also wish they would add a dirt track at their ATL property.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Don't ignore Bruton/Humpy's three dirt tracks: Texas, Charlotte, and Vegas. I wish they all had real promoters. Also wish they would add a dirt track at their ATL property.
    Not awful tracks but they are without history/nostalgia. Walmart like facilities if you will.