Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Bloomer was light after apparently transferring from a B main quite a number of years ago.
    The only other time Bloomquist was light and DQed at the scales at Eldora was world 100 in 1999 after winning the sixth heat and was going to start 1st in a-main. Anybody else remember that?

Quote Originally Posted by High 5 View Post
    Jack Pennington during the b-main at the Dirt Track World Championship in 1991. I'd have to look in my book to be sure but he either won or finished second and was set to transfer to the feature and came up light.
    Seen Pennington come up light at least ten times. One time at Cherokee he stopped on the way to the scales and put Travis who was about 3 Yrs old in the car with him.

I belive Jack Boggs won the world 100 and came up light?

Freddy Smith was light at the Gopher 50 so Rick Egersdorf won the race in the in early 90's

I remember Bloomquist being light at Cherokee years ago at one of the Blue Gray races (or maybe a Hav A Tampa race some time in the year) (mid 90's), got out of his car on the scales dragged his feet through the mud and climbed back in and had enough mud to make weight. They gave him the win...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Trax53 View Post
    I remember Bloomquist being light at Cherokee years ago at one of the Blue Gray races (or maybe a Hav A Tampa race some time in the year) (mid 90's), got out of his car on the scales dragged his feet through the mud and climbed back in and had enough mud to make weight. They gave him the win...
    Lol, good read!

I saw Bloomer win a race where he was 75lbs lite......The rest of the story is.....It was one of Charlottes first big paying event, paying $10k to win plus $1000 for each position the winner gained. They gave a 50lap break, I guess to make it more exciting. The only problem was Bloomer, who started 14th, stopped at the break and bolted on the additional lead, to make weight at the end. He ended up winning the 10k and a 14k bonus. Needless to say, they never ran that format again.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzzz5 View Post
    I seem to remember Bloomer lost a Pittsburgher one year when a weight fell off of the car and he came up light
    That was the story at the time but the supposed lost weight was never found.

Quote Originally Posted by SFrancisFan15 View Post
    I don't remember the year but didn't earl dq Bloomer for being like one pound over one year?
    you can alway be over but not under

Quote Originally Posted by brian04 View Post
    I belive Jack Boggs won the world 100 and came up light?
    Don't think so.Pretty sure he was light @Jackson 100 and WVMS.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Bloomer was light after apparently transferring from a B main quite a number of years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrancisFan15 View Post
    I don't remember the year but didn't earl dq Bloomer for being like one pound over one year?
    Quote Originally Posted by MUD MAESTRO View Post
    If memory is correct, believe Scotty was 10 lbs. light at Farley Iowa many years ago. Anyone remember the details?
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzzz5 View Post
    I seem to remember Bloomer lost a Pittsburgher one year when a weight fell off of the car and he came up light
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    The only other time Bloomquist was light and DQed at the scales at Eldora was world 100 in 1999 after winning the sixth heat and was going to start 1st in a-main. Anybody else remember that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trax53 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 25drtrkr View Post
    I saw Bloomer win a race where he was 75lbs lite......The rest of the story is.....It was one of Charlottes first big paying event, paying $10k to win plus $1000 for each position the winner gained. They gave a 50lap break, I guess to make it more exciting. The only problem was Bloomer, who started 14th, stopped at the break and bolted on the additional lead, to make weight at the end. He ended up winning the 10k and a 14k bonus. Needless to say, they never ran that format again.
    Anyone notice a pattern here? Funny how when the topic is not making weight, the same name always comes up.
    8/13/16

Bob Pierce was dq'd one year at the world after finishing in the top 5 for weight, Jerry Rice came up 11lbs light after running 4th at dream once too. Which is where the 11 comes from on his boys race cars nowadays.

I've lost track of how many times I've seen Bloomquist come up light.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 10-30-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjp0354 View Post
    Some that come to mind are:
    Babb light after winning World 100
    Babb light after jumping in a competitors car at Macon and winning from back just to come up light at the scales.
    And now the 100 k mistake by bloomer.

What are some others?
    Babb at the 05' World, was after an engine change.
    Jack Pennington came up light at Pennsboro/DTWC after winning consi to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Anyone notice a pattern here? Funny how when the topic is not making weight, the same name always comes up.
    Yeah, Eldora keeps coming up.
    Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 10-30-2016 at 02:02 PM.

And the same bone head makes the same mistake , notice this yrs world no one came up light one did have a deck issue problem due to mechanical issues though

You can be heavy but never light on the scales. Right calverton?? Lol post of the year

you are not illegal if you are heavy not at most tracks but I 've seen it done before ,that's why sanctioning a track can be a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Draggin View Post
    Don't think so.Pretty sure he was light @Jackson 100 and WVMS.
    And waved across the scales at Florence a few times for several years until some driver crews made a point to put an end to this wave through.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    And ever notice certain posters agenda of singling out someone instead of including all of the guilty??? Things that make you go ppphhhttttt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    you are not illegal if you are heavy not at most tracks but I 've seen it done before ,that's why sanctioning a track can be a good thing
    You bozo you got light at the scales on the brain. Most tracks you are okay heavy?? Well then there are some that you are not??

Dumbest posts of the year twice in just one thread!!! You better get a head exam!!!

moral of the story come to the track legal end of story