Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

a novel that will continue they say we shall see and guess what stede you are clueless they run on a couple tracks about that size for over 60 years Macon and Belleclaire Lucas runs at Macon with summer nats and Belleclare has ran woolms and summer nats along with weekly show

Instead of showing your true IQ, why not just pick up the phone and call these guys and talk to them about it. I guess it was too easy for you to get on here and feed us your stupidity instead of going to the source. I am sure both of these guys would love to hear your suggestions. We all make mistakes and can always take suggestions on how to do it better. I feel sorry for those of you that have wanted this race to fail from the very start. I really do. It must eating you up inside knowing that it was a success and looks like will be around for years to come.
    Keep up the great work Ben. Don't change a thing. You guys are doing a great job.

Alan
    slmcrewchief99

At a venue like that, it's a fine line to walk between professionalism and entertainment. I thought we walked that line pretty well, but I'm always open to constructive criticism.

I've been doing this long enough to know you'll never please everyone.

DJ

I thought they both did a great job. One of the toughest things to do anymore is to keep people's attention especially under the age of 25. Everyone that I saw in between breaks in the racing looked enthralled and wrapped up in the event. Great job Ben and Dustin.

Excellent Job Ben!

Late Model Mark
    Talladega Short Track Announcer

I thought for a small company, the production was pretty good. They do have sound issues. Bens mike was pretty hot, and others you could barely hear. Not a crisis, but thats a point they need to work on.
    After Thursdays trainwreck, I thought it was going to be a total joke, but they really pulled it out of the jaws of disaster Friday. It took way too long to run the show, but for a first year, they get a total pass on that. It will have to improve to grow the crowd though. Im sure it will improve. The track Saturday was rough as a cob. For those on here that dont actually race, you have no idea how many cars broke expensive parts underneath trying to run Saturday. Cars coming completely off all four wheels is not what you want, but ive been to long standing tracks and seen that happen once in awhile. Hopefully they improve that. All in all....id say B- as a total grade. Could have been way worse, could have been better, and im sure it will get better.

dump time trails

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    dump time trails

Ha ha ha like that's going to go over good with these drivers.

then don't show up then I guess they don't need the money

I see the tampon mafia of 4m is out in full force to try and find something new to complain about!! Ben, Dustin, you did a great job, along with Cody sommer, Matt curl, gundaker clan, the fans, drivers and the dirt on dirt cast!!!.... Signing off now with a bloomer crotch chop...🤙

Thumbs up DJ

Quote Originally Posted by DustinJ14 View Post
    At a venue like that, it's a fine line to walk between professionalism and entertainment. I thought we walked that line pretty well, but I'm always open to constructive criticism.

I've been doing this long enough to know you'll never please everyone.

DJ
    You guys overall for being virgins at that deal, did well. You guys improve on what you have, and I think it's a great thing to do yearly. Thanks and good luck in the future. Oh, and Satan won so
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Ben and Dustin done an EXCELLENT job. I was there n person all 3 days and they were forced to try to entertain the people throughout a few growing pains of the event. If u want to watch a group of "stuck ups" announce an event then go watch Nascar or something. This is dirt track racing. If u r too much of a party pooper to find a little humor in the group messing with one another, then u should find a new hobby. Honestly, I can say Thursday was terrible, but I was okay with that because they didn't know what the track was going to do with cars, they then fixed it for Friday and it was unbelievable, then Saturday Gundaker dropped the ball bad, which is really my only complaint from the whole weekend, the fact that they kept working and watering the bottom of the track was crazy to me, I am not a track promoter or anything but I can tell u, if the bottom and top are the same banking, and both have equal moisture, there is no reason to go to the top. Should've left the bottom half of the track bone dry. But anyways, keep up the good work Ben and Dustin, can't wait til next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    It looked "okay" on video, but not what I would call great or huge, just slightly better than I expected.

This in my view wasn't the biggest stage ever, I think Bristol in 00' and 01' with UDTRA was far better, that and they've run DLM's indoors before, in the Pontiac Silverdome. This was a novel redux with the addition of the mods, but in all honesty the DLM's are too large to race at their best hemmed up like that. It works for midgets because they are so small, but I don't see this becoming the DLM Chilibowl. In the end thats the best thing I can say about it, "Eh, it was novel."
    I do think it was a MUCH bigger stage than either of the two aforementioned events. Those events honestly did not have much of a "stage". They were only watched by those fans in attendance. This event had extremely wide reach with DoD broadcasting it, and social media. Social media also made many more people aware of the event. I had several non racing friends intrigued by this one. Nobody that didn't have a Mid American subscription didn't know about the previous two events you talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by speedemon3b View Post
    I thought they both did a great job. One of the toughest things to do anymore is to keep people's attention especially under the age of 25. Everyone that I saw in between breaks in the racing looked enthralled and wrapped up in the event. Great job Ben and Dustin.
    I am in total agreement with this post. I got nothing put positive things to say about the Event!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by perverton View Post
    dump time trails
    Really??? Dump the time trials? If a mule hasn't kicked you in the head, it sure needs to now!!!

I think everyone involved did a great job I'm sure if this becomes an annual event it'll only get better. I wasn't at Chili Bowl number one but I'll bet it wasn't perfect but they've had thirty years to make subtle changes to get to where they are now and I'll bet they had plenty of people in the beginning that said it'll never work too! I know I shouldn't be comparing midgets to late models but it's pretty much the same concept.

And each and every time I log into the 4m...I again realize why I only come to this site 1/4 of the time as to when it was first created.....unreal!! I had a blast and enjoyed EVERYTHING about the race. Yes, I was there with a family of 5 - not sitting behind a computer complaining. Just unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Really??? Dump the time trials? If a mule hasn't kicked you in the head, it sure needs to now!!!
    hey snow flake yep dump the time trails if the racer can't race their way in they are not much a racer

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    hey snow flake yep dump the time trails if the racer can't race their way in they are not much a racer
    Do you know how many of these guys would not show up if they didn't have time trials?

the race at I80 had no time trails I believe the north south 100 had no time trails Mars has no time trails neither does none of the weekly shows around st louis have time trails