Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Threats from Modjr

Anybody else get a warning about their language? I was asked to stop misspelling words to bypass the profanity filter. I said I would if she'd fix the word C0CKPIT from being in the filter. She threatened me with being banned. My response was "FIX IT or BAN ME". Don't get me wrong I'm glad they've run off some of the trouble maker trolls, but nit picking words and answering requests with threats is not cool. If this is where we are headed I'll take the ban, it'll give me more free time.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Their game their rules........maybe they can send it off to the lab first to make sure it's actually dirty....and then announce the findings about a week or two from now.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

You can always appeal the ban by taking a lie detector test

That wasn't the word you were warned for and you know it. No one is getting warned or banned over c0ckpit. It's not something that can be fixed as its a limitation of the software. It searches for text strings both in whole and partial words. And really, it's not that big of an inconvenience. What you did, on the other hand, was used a word that both by itself and how you used it is banned, and used it as an insult. It's a simple request and specifically pointed out by moderators in the sticky at the top of the page not to do it. People are using the censored words to elicit a response, and that just leads to fights. You can make the same point without using that language.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ModJr7 View Post
    That wasn't the word you were warned for and you know it. No one is getting warned or banned over c0ckpit. It's not something that can be fixed as its a limitation of the software. It searches for text strings both in whole and partial words. And really, it's not that big of an inconvenience. What you did, on the other hand, was used a word that both by itself and how you used it is banned, and used it as an insult. It's a simple request and specifically pointed out by moderators in the sticky at the top of the page not to do it. People are using the censored words to elicit a response, and that just leads to fights. You can make the same point without using that language.
    I didn't say that was the word you warned me for, but it was the one I requested be removed from the filter. I did use a curse word, I admit that, but while I had you on the line I made a "Request" for something that is bothersome to a lot of us. I welcome my forthcoming ban.

Not that it matters but, "she"?

I did not know that ☺

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post

I did not know that ☺

You should know them all!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

received a similar warning and I deserved it. forum moderation is a thankless task. I am actually pleased they have stepped up the efforts.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

I put this together. It is a little raw and doesn't have a fancy skin on it, but you can talk about whatever you want with no crazy filter (just no deliberate offensive words).http://www.forum.bartlettmotorsportengineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    received a similar warning and I deserved it. forum moderation is a thankless task. I am actually pleased they have stepped up the efforts.
    +1, agree totally with this...and as BBQ said "Their game their rules", anyone in disagreement can certainly do what chop did and make their own forum.

IMO the forum has become a MUCH better place since the Mods have tightened up on the monitoring...kudos.

The only word that I've come across that shouldn't be banned is D!ck. I have friends named D!ck. If I can't spell their name then that's bogus on their part. Other then that I can understand some words being banned. If you want uncensored there is always another option for a racing forum. Just look at the link on my signature or search the internet for other forums.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I did not know that ☺
    That explains my week ban with my response to the Ciara pit fight situation.

Had I known there was a woman present, I would have watched my manners. 😇

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    The only word that I've come across that shouldn't be banned is D!ck. I have friends named D!ck. If I can't spell their name then that's bogus on their part. Other then that I can understand some words being banned. If you want uncensored there is always another option for a racing forum. Just look at the link on my signature or search the internet for other forums.
    I have to agree with that name being banned. If it weren't it would be abused all the time.

I applaud the Mods for enforcing the dirty language rules!!!
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 02-02-2018 at 02:37 PM.

It amazes me how many don't actually read posts and just fire off a response. I have No issue with profanity filters, I used an unapproved word, I'm fine with having my hand spanked(spankings can be fun). When I asked if they could do something about, C0CKPIT I was told they could, "ban me" in response. I thought it was unwarranted and aggressive.

Had I known there was a woman present, I would have watched my manners. 
    There are plenty of women that post on this forum.......

Their game their rules!? Time to start a posters union lol, too much power on one side how much tyranny can we withstand!? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    It amazes me how many don't actually read posts and just fire off a response. I have No issue with profanity filters, I used an unapproved word, I'm fine with having my hand spanked(spankings can be fun). When I asked if they could do something about, C0CKPIT I was told they could, "ban me" in response. I thought it was unwarranted and aggressive.
    Is that sort of like when a fan or racer has a constructive complaint about the track or its program and the response 99 percent of the time is, don't like it don't come anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Their game their rules!? Time to start a posters union lol, too much power on one side how much tyranny can we withstand!? Lol
    Looks more like a bad internet slide job???

CageFaraday, you did not ask if anything could be done. You said you'd abide by the rules IF we fixed it. That is why you were told you'd be banned if you continued. You do not dictate the rules of the board.