Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

canceled/ postponed same difference. nothing happening til after may 3rd. yeah they may reschedule somethings but not likely all.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I'm not a doctor, but I live in Ohio. I listen to the governor. The Dream has zero chance.
    My guess is the Dream has a 0 chance of running in June, but probably a 50% chance of running later in the year. I’d also guess we see a shortened SummerNats.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I live in OHIO too. I hear what the governor is saying. I also know that things change. I also know that keeping people locked in for another six weeks is going to produce a lot of unwanted drama. I am saying this. We should not predict anything beyond the next couple of weeks. We may be racing in May, we may be racing in June or July or August or Sept or next year. The dam of patience is going to burst if this keeps going much longer. That is a prediction I am much more comfortable with.
    That prediction is probably the best one on here. It’s a Catch 22 without a vaccine. Let everyone off the hook sooner and deal with additional spread, or keep people in longer and bust their checkbooks. A sh!t deal all around.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

The Dream will run the Saturday before the World 100 as the Baltes' Dream.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

If the country goes into a depression as some are predicting, racing will be the last thing on peoples minds.

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    If the country goes into a depression as some are predicting, racing will be the last thing on peoples minds.
    That's why we all have to go back to normal May 1 whether the government says we can or not. It is not the government's decision to make for us. There is little risk for healthy people without underlying conditions to go racing or to the bar or to the mall as long as the people susceptible to this keep socially distancing from those healthy people that may be carrying the virus unknowingly. The quicker the healthy people get the virus and become immune, the better.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 04-13-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    That's why we all have to go back to normal May 1 whether the government says we can or not. It is not the government's decision to make for us. There is no risk for healthy people without underlying conditions to go racing or to the bar or to the mall as long as the people susceptible to this keep socially distancing from those healthy people that may be carrying the virus unknowingly. The quicker the healthy people get the virus and become immune, the better.
    The "There is no risk for healthy people without underlying conditions" is not accurate. Healthy individuals are certainly not as likely to get sick but don't spread the false statement that there is no risk. The children's hospital my wife works at has 3 kids in ICU between 14-18 on ventilators right now and they were deemed completely healthy before hand. Maybe you should take on a part-time job of walking in and informing the parents that there kids must have some underlying condition as there is no risk for completely healthy people.

That's why we all have to go back to normal May 1 whether the government says we can or not. It is not the government's decision to make for us. There is no risk for healthy people without underlying conditions to go racing or to the bar or to the mall as long as the people susceptible to this keep socially distancing from those healthy people that may be carrying the virus unknowingly. The quicker the healthy people get the virus and become immune, the better.
    The expert has spoken again ... and again ... and again ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    The expert has spoken again ... and again ... and again ...
    Yes Dr. Fox News seems to have all the answers.....lol

Gear_Head pukes out more (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) than a sewage plant. He's like most talking heads on TV. They just love to hear themselves spew on and on and on................................................ ........................

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    Already there.

Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    Yes Dr. Fox News seems to have all the answers.....lol
    I do. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    The "There is no risk for healthy people without underlying conditions" is not accurate. Healthy individuals are certainly not as likely to get sick but don't spread the false statement that there is no risk. The children's hospital my wife works at has 3 kids in ICU between 14-18 on ventilators right now and they were deemed completely healthy before hand. Maybe you should take on a part-time job of walking in and informing the parents that there kids must have some underlying condition as there is no risk for completely healthy people.
    If you want to get technical then how about "little risk". There is no risk for the folks immune to it already. The fact of the matter is a great depression is going to kill more people than the virus. That is indisputable.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 04-13-2020 at 12:08 PM.

We've been duped into thinking this virus is worse than it really is. And they are going to do their best to try and keep things shut down as long as possible.

Can people die? Yes, but very little over what severe cases of flues are causing.

If not for your TV set telling you what , how, when, and why to think. People would probably not even notice any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetters View Post
    We've been duped into thinking this virus is worse than it really is. And they are going to do their best to try and keep things shut down as long as possible.

Can people die? Yes, but very little over what severe cases of flues are causing.

If not for your TV set telling you what , how, when, and why to think. People would probably not even notice any difference.
    Just imagine how horrified these people would be if the lefty news covered every flu case and flu death like this every flu season! Nobody would ever leave their homes! 60,000+ die every year from the flu in this country and nobody ever cared and we never shut the country down.

If you want to get technical then how about "little risk". There is no risk for the folks immune to it already. The fact of the matter is a great depression is going to kill more people than the virus. That is indisputable.
    Yes, you can't get upset at the leftist media reporting false news to promote their agenda if you're going to state false statements to get your point across. Got to be better then them.

How do you know who is immune? How do you know immunity is going to stick? You keep comparing it to the flu, there's a reason why Flu shots are only good for a year. That's because the flu virus rapidly mutates and changes every year. There's a steady pattern that allows scientists to somewhat predict a viable vaccine but there are years were they're off and there's an uptick in cases/deaths. The flu's not seen as serious because it's a predictable curve every year and considered under control except for the blip years were the vaccine is not as effective. It's way too soon to know that about COVID-19. Majority of people may appear to be immune now but if it is like the flu then immunity now could mean jack s**t next year if it is seasonal. Who's to say it can't mutate again to something even deadlier? COVID-19 is actually a mutated strain of the general coronavirus. The media just foolishly reports it in general as the coronavirus which paints the picture this is a new terrible virus when in reality it's a mutated strain of a virus that's been around for awhile. I have seen less of that and more people reporting/referring to it as covid-19 but that's a different argument. It's mutated once. Who's to say it can't mutate again into something further?
    Last edited by weatherman85; 04-13-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Of course it's going to mutate, just like the flu. That's what viruses do, mutate to stay alive. And like flu vaccines the producers every year will try to guess what strain they need to vaccinate against and some years will be worse than others. The point is we cannot shut the economy down every year because this virus and flu are circulating. We've never done that before and we should never do it again.

Comparing this to a typical flu is a mistake. It's worse than a typical flu.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    We don't know for certain how much worse, but it is worse. It took decades to get a hit or miss vaccine for the flu. We don't have that long to wait for this. We may very well have to deal with a new normal.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    6-14 times more deadly than normal flu it's looking like.