Default Josh Richards safe after RV fire

Josh and his wife and dog survived an RV fire. They lost everything. Glad they are ok and I hope to see Josh win a race real soon.

I am happy they got out alive.

But do we really need a gofundme to raise money for him? Come on people!!!!

I don't make judgements on whether someone should set a compassion fund or not, I do however take issue with GoFundMe.

After seeing the antics of GoFundMe in regards to certain people's legal funds, where GFM made decisions based on political ideology, I would never use them. I don't care if their administrative take is relatively small, they will not get one dime from me. They are blatant leftists. They tried to shut down the gifting to the Canadian truckers, the Rittenhouse legal fund, and some others. Recently, in my neighborhood, a couple people I knew had pages created on their behalf for health related issues. I sent them cash directly.

GiveSendGo is the option I would choose to use now. Gifting without the political baggage.

Glad that Josh, Andrea, and their beloved pet are all safe. Stuff can be replaced, people and pets are precious. All the best to Josh Richards going forward.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    I don't make judgements on whether someone should set a compassion fund or not, I do however take issue with GoFundMe.After seeing the antics of GoFundMe in regards to certain people's legal funds, where GFM made decisions based on political ideology, I would never use them. I don't care if their administrative take is relatively small, they will not get one dime from me. They are blatant leftists. They tried to shut down the gifting to the Canadian truckers, the Rittenhouse legal fund, and some others. Recently, in my neighborhood, a couple people I knew had pages created on their behalf for health related issues. I sent them cash directly. GiveSendGo is the option I would choose to use now. Gifting without the political baggage.Glad that Josh, Andrea, and their beloved pet are all safe. Stuff can be replaced, people and pets are precious. All the best to Josh Richards going forward.
    Good points. How political is give send go? I don’t know anything about them.

Do people not have insurance anymore? I still have mine.. so should I cancel it and rely on gofundme?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Do people not have insurance anymore? I still have mine.. so should I cancel it and rely on gofundme?
    Sounds like they lived in RV and had possessions inside but yes I hope they had insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Sounds like they lived in RV and had possessions inside but yes I hope they had insurance
    They don't live in it, but I'm sure they had enough stuff in it to be in Florida for a few weeks, it's not a motor home, it's a fifth wheel camper.

I'd like to make a sarcastic remark, but I'll refrain. I'm not a fan but anytime something like that happens to a racer (or anybody), it's terrible. Whether you have a million bucks in the bank or are broke, losing something like that with your personal belongings, sucks. Be it a hurricane or tornado or fire, money don't make that feeling instantly better. Thankfully I am sure they have the money and means to be fine going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    They don't live in it, but I'm sure they had enough stuff in it to be in Florida for a few weeks, it's not a motor home, it's a fifth wheel camper.
    Yes 👍. Good to hear they don’t live in this thing full time. The statement reads as if they live in it although as much as they are gone I guess it’s kinda true.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I'd like to make a sarcastic remark, but I'll refrain. I'm not a fan but anytime something like that happens to a racer (or anybody), it's terrible. Whether you have a million bucks in the bank or are broke, losing something like that with your personal belongings, sucks. Be it a hurricane or tornado or fire, money don't make that feeling instantly better. Thankfully I am sure they have the money and means to be fine going forward.
    Good points and I will be rooting for Josh to win a race or many races real soon 👍