Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Over, did the real winner protest the outcome? It seems if the outcome was obvious to everyone in the place they'd make it right and give the win to the actual winner.
    Yep, He and his father complained (mildly) but the grandstand crowd really got jacked up over it. But nope, the track didn't reverse their call on the matter. The track, which I won't name, was just lucky it wasn't us or one of the other veteran teams or they'd still be hearing about it. We're known as polite (mostly) and respectful (mostly) but we know how hard those wins are to come by.

P.S. Marysville Raceway Park is still on, so far, for tonight. My son was scheduled to drive our friend's second Limited Late Model to help the struggling car count in the class but with 3 different weather forecasts a few minutes ago showing, take your pick: clear, definite showers or thunderstorms, a purse that was cut in half for LLMs that is already embarrassingly low and some 250 miles of driving back and forth to get the car, race, return it, then drive home we decided to stay home and watch it on Speed Shift TV, if it even happens. I'm going back out to the shop and get the cars ready for next Saturday at Antioch Speedway. Another no fans event.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    This was a woo race and the transponders are mounted on the lf
    Yes I did say Lucas, my bad.

So $500k haulers, $100k racecars and tracks cant install a camera at the finish line??? smh

It beats waiting 2 weeks to announce the winner from a tire result.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Saturday Night tracks in some States mounts transponders on the r axle housing like Needfor said, looks to me like cars would have to be exactly the same length for winner scorning to be 100% correct using transponders !

Various rules of mounting location per different sanctions. Motor plate my personal opinion the best safest place. On lf bumber just asking to be destroyed in accident. Rear-end moves differently per setup so a stationary object best. Nothing perfect or fool proof but some ways yield most consistent results

Transponders are great for qualifying and getting cars in order after a caution. A camera at the finish line should determine the winner!

Wonder if Rick E. got the memo from the WOO brass saying, “Don’t announce who won the race until we tell you who won the race”. 😃😃😃

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    .007 of a second. Using the eyeball test, the guy with a longer front bumper will win every time.
    That's supposed to be checked by rule. There is a measurement. Lol
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

flagman should have been watching and realized there was a problem with the transponders if it gave shep the win.

they should always be racing to the stand, not a cable buried in the ground. they screwed ricky big time, second one this year big blue has bought

I'm seeing a whole lot of butt hurt whiners. Get over it. Sheppy won.
    8/13/16

Any of you guys see this? Pretty f***in hilarious. Wouldn't put it past the ole World of Richards Series......https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Quote Originally Posted by Burke1118 View Post
    Any of you guys see this? Pretty f***in hilarious. Wouldn't put it past the ole World of Richards Series......https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Do you realize how angles alter pictures?

Fasttalk on DoD it was said that his transponder was not located in the right spot. Idk.. This finish may be talked about for a while.

Reminds me of the telescoping deck heights a few years back. Lol
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill32 View Post
    Fasttalk on DoD it was said that his transponder was not located in the right spot. Idk.. This finish may be talked about for a while.
    Ricky has stated such on Facebook. He has said that the transponder on the 20RT was mounted on the mid plate where as Sheppy's was mounted on the left front bumper bar. Ricky also stated that it was their mistake not having it mounted where the World of Outlaws guys have theirs mounted. He chalked it up as a learning experience. Great to see him running up front with these guys. Hopefully, someone will give him a fulltime opportunity in a Late Model.

@MB_racer fact check me on this, but assuming they are going 80mph (probably a gross overestimation), .007 seconds is about 10 inches according to my math. RT definitely crossed first if the blue 1 had it on the nose and Ricky had it on the midplate

@MB_racer fact check me on this, but assuming they are going 80mph (probably a gross overestimation), .007 seconds is about 10 inches according to my math. RT definitely crossed first if the blue 1 had it on the nose and Ricky had it on the midplate
    While you may be right the argument could be made that rtj transponder was not in the correct location their for he is disqualified. The rule doesn't state where it's allowed to be as in options. It's where it has to be that way this sort of thing doesent happen. I'm glad rtj isn't pushing the point because he understands that they made a mistake not anyone else. At this point its just beating a dead horse though

Chances are if he's in position to only lose this closely, he'll be picking up wins here and there too.

Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.