Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Least favorite

Default Least favorite

What is everyone's least favorite class to watch on the dirt? For me its BMods hands down. ID rather watch a 50 lap street stock feature with 30 cautions that to watch a BMod drive onto the racing surface. I have never seen a good BMod race in my life!

Crates. Any of them...

Hornets/4 cylinders, such a waste of time

I like all classes honestly, I think the problem is when you run the crates and b's with the opens, then they look watered down, which if there stand alone I dont think you would notice it near as much... the b's idk are going anywhere you can be semi competitive without a ton of cash in em so they are wildly popular...but if I had to choose id say the crate late models, ive seen a guy at tri city lap the field and they say they are supposed to be on a somewhat level playing field lol uhhhh, nah, his motor sounded like the supers...
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 04-26-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WWilliams52 View Post
    Hornets/4 cylinders, such a waste of time
    Gets a lot of younger kids into racing though. I'm not a fan of them either but hey whatever works.

I seen some sort of mini late model class at Tyler county. Think they had 600cc crotch rocket motors on them. That would be the class I would start my 12 year old son in. The fwd 4 banger class doesnt make much sense to me either. Wonder the the price tag on the little mini late model cars are?

Sprints and midgets. Not because they don’t put in good racing or anything, because they do. In fact, I think non-wing sprint cars are some of the raciest cars there are, it’s because they’re incredibly dangerous and I don’t want to be there the next time somebody is seriously injured/killed. Guys have been killed in recent years in late models too, but late model racing addressed those issues almost instantly, I haven’t seen the same responses in open wheel racing.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    I seen some sort of mini late model class at Tyler county. Think they had 600cc crotch rocket motors on them. That would be the class I would start my 12 year old son in. The fwd 4 banger class doesnt make much sense to me either. Wonder the the price tag on the little mini late model cars are?
    I think they’re around 25k race ready.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Josh you have got to be kidding me? 25k

Competitive Mod Lites are crazy money too.

4cyl/ hornets multis.
    I am what I am

25k will get you a couple year old chassis and a crate engine. Think I may start my son in the 2002 cavalier after all lol

Whichever one that takes 10x longer than it should because the same car keeps spinning out.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

The sharp mini late models with 600cc engines in them sell New race ready for $11400.
    Mod lites are more expensive due to more parts like an actual closed tube quick change compared to chain driven axle of the sharps, but the $25k number is for guys that buy a lot of blue sky and yes there has been a few of them. $10k-$16k for a roller and $5k or less for a built engine. Or build your own chassis for under $10k race ready.

https://www.sharpengllc.com/product-...ini-late-model
    Last edited by tb1545; 04-26-2018 at 11:15 PM.

25k and that's with a stock 600. You start spending money on the motors and it's like all racing. The money spending shows on the racetrack.

Back on the original topic though, the front wheel drive classes are my bathroom break/ concession stand class of choice. Hearing them peg the Rev limiter and push through the corner praying the cars finally turn likely with the help of the E-brake is beyond painful. Also other than lineups and flag colors you learn absolutely nothing that will transfer over to another class. And the construction/safety of many of them is beyond horrifying. Friends don't let friends put their kids in a FWD class. Go karts then the slowest class of rear wheel drive car the track offers

The Mini Late Model with the crotch rocket motor will run ou about 15K to start up thats a race ready car check out the link https://www.sharpengllc.com/

Any class with 6 cars in it. For pete's sake, if you can't get a dozen cars in the feature then run them last.

Definetly the Sport mods/Bmod. Those things are like watching a car rust IMO. They basically replaced one of favorite classes which was the bombers/street stock class.

Josh, you're probably about to be in the middle of a war with a open wheel guru that is never wrong. Which I'm sure you probably see it coming.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 04-27-2018 at 12:39 AM.

Hornets. Also, if you've ever worked at the track, hornet drivers are the biggest whiner crybaby's too.