Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad races

Our group of friends who meet up every year at Eldora for The Dream decided we would give the Show Me 100 and Diamond Nationals at Lucas Oil Speedway a shot this year, due to The Dream turing into "The Stream." First off i'd like to say Lucas Oil Speedway and it's facilities are phenomenal, but when we arrived there was no track personnel to point us where to park, etc. We also had one HECK OF A TIME trying to get pit passes. Just the Fan Experience from the start was very sub par in comparison to (Insert Small Track Name Here). We were told we had to go to certain spots to get a pit pass as a Fan, and the Pit Office wasn't equipped to sell us one, this by far made no sense to all of us who can go to pretty much any track and buy a pit pass for the added cash plus our GA ticket. To top it all off when we went into the track our tickets were physically taken not scanned. After experiencing all this before any cars hit the track, we were REALLY HOPING the racing was going to be GOOD, due to what we had seen on MAVTV/NBC Sports. FYI, the Diamond Bar and the Ballpark seats were DEFINITELY a plus. The track crew did a great job for Hot Laps, Qualifying, Heat Races, and B Mains, but for the feature for a CROWN JEWEL event, Show Me 100, we were thoroughly disgusted with the racing. Locked down on the bottom like a Friday or Saturday Night in WIsconsin. Reminded me of Oshkosh. This left us with a bad taste, seeing as that Lucas Oil Speedway is touted as one of the best tracks in our GREAT COUNTRY. After just Saturday Night's Show Me 100, we all agreed that Roger Slack, Tony Stewart, and EACH and EVERY Track Employee/Personnel at Eldora deserves a big Stone Cold Steve Austin "Oh He** Yeah!", you guys and girls do an AWESOME JOB!!! Driving 9 hours to a sub par, touted to be one of the best places to watch racing is very disappointing. I'm thinking we won't be back for A LONG TIME.
    #AnybodyButBobby

Races in 2021:

Illini 100 (WoO) @ Farmer City Raceway
    Diamond Jim 43 @ Wilmot Raceway (Dirt Kings)
    Truck Country 50 (LOLMDS) @ 300 Raceway- Farley, IA
    27th and 26th Double Down Dream @ Eldora Speedway (UMP Dirtcar)
    Silver Dollar Nationals @ I-80 Speedway (LOLMDS)
    Prairie Dirt Classic @ FALS (WoO)

Cedar Lake---Cedar Lake---Cedar Lake---they work on the track all week, and before the feature---almost never miss but everyone can miss the mark ocassionally depending on unknown factors--a hole that comes out of hell, etc.

Wait until the National 100 at EAMS. Non stop excitement.

We've had some good races in Tennessee this year. Most of the Lucas races I have seen on TV have been good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hjr2 View Post
    Wait until the National 100 at EAMS. Non stop excitement.
    I smell sarcasm. Lol!!!!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Suggestion: skip the "redraw" or at least the part of dragging the involved drivers to the front stretch

Good late model racing is getting harder to find.
    I hate time trials.

Late model and modified features both won from front row.

Going to Brownstown Speedway is like sex with your ex wife.

Its terrible, but you're gonna keep doing it because its convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    I smell sarcasm. Lol!!!!
    I hate to keep up on the soap box defending EAMS, but if you like racing and just overall entertainment, people watching......that is the mecca

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I hate to keep up on the soap box defending EAMS, but if you like racing and just overall entertainment, people watching......that is the mecca
    Especially if you're a big fan of ten supports classes that can't get around the track without a caution, moribidly obese track crew that rush to attention like they're heading for a salad bar and track prep that involves rolling over the same part of a corner for an hour.

Let's not forget the UTV nationals!