Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And STILL

Scott had the car all weekend. Couldn't believe he didn't win Friday night

yes he is a great racer just something make it hard to be fan , that being said I want to see racing duh you know ge gets passed then passes them back or maybe multiple leaders

The Russians obviously helped him win....

The complaint about no passing, is not about Bloomer, It's about the Format. If you draw a good number for Time trials, it shouldn't be a fast track to a feature win. No one said Bloomer couldn't have won any how, but to put close to a hundred cars in the same TT group is not exactly fair to the early or late timers, depending on the track. This was something learned from the early years of the World. Day racing and if you didn't time in the first 30, you was in a deep hole. A lot of good cars went home, because of the Time trials, and they had 100 laps to make it up. That was 50 miles. Last night they had 8 miles to make it up. Do you see a problem with that format?

Yes CNB, no offense against bloomer, he never passed a car all weekend. Actually he was minus 3. But he left with the money, so kudos.

No cars went home due to time trials Bub

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    The complaint about no passing, is not about Bloomer, It's about the Format. If you draw a good number for Time trials, it shouldn't be a fast track to a feature win. No one said Bloomer couldn't have won any how, but to put close to a hundred cars in the same TT group is not exactly fair to the early or late timers, depending on the track. This was something learned from the early years of the World. Day racing and if you didn't time in the first 30, you was in a deep hole. A lot of good cars went home, because of the Time trials, and they had 100 laps to make it up. That was 50 miles. Last night they had 8 miles to make it up. Do you see a problem with that format?
    Sure I do.

It should be, if it wasn't, broken up like I think the outlaws and Lucas does it, as well as the Big E for the big shows. You assign cars to a heat race, then you only qualify against the cars in your heat. If they did it all 97 and then that's that, that's not a good format. And an invert of 4 max for heats and 6 or 8, depending on the number of heats, for the feature. Maybe a spin a wheel or let a kid pick the heat and feature inverts.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Track was designed for elbows to be thrown. Without an elbow drop or a mistake, there just wasn't alotta passing. I'm assuming Scott drew that 1 pill because I didn't see him on the track until feature time. Luck of the draw I guess but that black zero was working! That was the same car that led every lap at the hillbilly. The longer the race went the better he got. Even shaved a few tenth a off his time in the 30 lap range. That track was rough, wasn't sure the old mans conditioning would hold up at the end lol. The old man is driving as good now as I've ever seen him. Fine job my friend!

Top 8 didn't have to race until feature.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    No cars went home due to time trials Bub
    Wake up. All the entries did not race in Saturday nights A main. If your talking, they could race their way in during the heats and C and B mains, The heats where less than two miles and the qualifiers where just over 2 miles on a tight track. If they raced in the first 6 heat races, when the track was fast enough to limit passing, the hole got deeper.They start in a deep hole that is hard to get out of, because of a bad draw. End of story.

I think progressive banking for next year, an actual 1/5 mile track, and Lucas/WOO format makes this a must see show. The corners were almost 70 feet wide in spots m. Could you imagine the track like it was on the bottom with about 15 degrees banking at the wall? That would make for an interesting show. It was a learning curve for all involved but they can make this race a must see for the true dirt fan. The groove never really got above maybe a groove above the middle of the racetrack. Scott moved up midway through the feature and made time. The bottom is so much shorter that the top is gonna have to be banked to carry the speed needed, a cushion will form, add 20 laps to the main event and boom! Race of the year possibilities! My two cents

Bloomquist was close to the 50th car to qualify, he didn't get what I would consider a good draw for qualifying, Lanigan on the other hand did, being one of the first 10 cars out. Scott done his job by laying down a good lap when he had his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Bloomquist was close to the 50th car to qualify, he didn't get what I would consider a good draw for qualifying, Lanigan on the other hand did, being one of the first 10 cars out. Scott done his job by laying down a good lap when he had his chance.
    Its just an excuse for the haters. Cant admit the GOAT did what he had to to win. And did it clean.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    No doubt, Scott did a great job. He was fast and if he had one of the better draws, he would have had fast time. No one can say the track didn't slow up. No car was faster in the second round. There are faster cars and there are slower cars. There are faster draws for TT and there are slower. The average driver has control over how his car works, but no control over that draw. That draw can put a lot of these guys in a hole, that they just don't have enough laps or race-able track to get out of. If Scott had a good timing spot, he may have been .5 faster than everyone. Formats like these are good for those that always time fast. Not so good for the guys that have to race their way in. Does the fan, want to see fast qualifiers or passing win a race. Most fans don't even watch TT. They go for a beer or food and a rest room.

Bub you are right, I just meant that no cars were FORCED to go home after time trials as was originally outlined in the format because not enough cars showed up. I thought you meant literally went home, you just meant figuratively. Got it. There were cars that DID get out of the TT hole though. (Weaver, Pierce to name a couple)

winners check held sent tires off to be checked

Cool Had the car all weekend....What??

Hey Centeroff, nice try but Babb put it on him on Friday, period. And like it or not, Bloomer was fortunate Babb didn't finish on Saturday, cause Babb had the quickest lap in the feature Sat night and was about to put it on him again.
    Congrats to Bloomer, he got to the end first and Babb blew his chance........but Scott never passed a single car and drew the pole both nights. Yeah, he had a good car, but..............

Go 18!!

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    The Russians obviously helped him win....
    Odds of drawing a 1 two times in a row 1 in 64. Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by slydejob18 View Post
    Hey Centeroff, nice try but Babb put it on him on Friday, period. And like it or not, Bloomer was fortunate Babb didn't finish on Saturday, cause Babb had the quickest lap in the feature Sat night and was about to put it on him again.
    Congrats to Bloomer, he got to the end first and Babb blew his chance........but Scott never passed a single car and drew the pole both nights. Yeah, he had a good car, but..............

Go 18!!
    I like Babb, but how many races did he win this year? And yeah, Scott fuked up Friday and didn't drive the same line and let them guys get him.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Slydejob, Babb wasn't winning that race if Scott hadn't of hooked a rut. Babbs first win of the year was a preliminary race that paid 54$. That idiot took himself out running second inside 5 laps. Don't ever mention Babb and Bloomquist in the same sentence. Babb will never get it done