Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hoosier A40S

I wouldn't think that fast guys would give a chit if they require a hard tire or not as long as it last and saves everyone money. It is only beneficial to them to keep as many racers as possible in the class.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I wouldn't think that fast guys would give a chit if they require a hard tire or not as long as it last and saves everyone money. It is only beneficial to them to keep as many racers as possible in the class.
    I also don't think they care if the guy that is constantly running 3 laps down at the end of the race can afford tires to race.......

Quote Originally Posted by indyboywilliam View Post
    I like 4 bar cars.... a lot of them cars out there to get hands on reasonable.....just restrict the engines is what makes it cost affective and get us a good tire....
    Indy, do you not understand that 4 bar cars ARE the exact same car as 3 bar cars? Your set up is the only difference. You remove the top bars, lock the bird cages, and remove the liftbar/torque arm and replace with a pull bar. Waa laah, 3 bar car. Easy to drive, easy to tune, and does not hook up as much HP as 4 bar. Combine that with hard tire, and some tech, and you have a good class that more can afford to run.

I do understand ... just my opinion that its not the way to go..... like a__ __ holes everyone has one lol

The Question is would you support a track that dumps UMP?
    kidrock why yes I would certainly support a track that is non UMP, bring it on !! I hope others would as well. I know more than one person that runs USRA now, and they are far from perfect but a much better option that UMP. Cheaper tire that last longer a some actual tech and still have liberal engine rules.... seems like a decent fit. I realize this is not easy and promoters would have to switch....what I will say is what we have now is not working. for those of you that dont go to STL racing much, or in case is was not already posted Hoosier will no longer make the A40S they are going back to the A40 compound from before. In the end what it means to me is that UMP will do whatever Hoosier wants whenever Hoosier wants it and we pay the bill. Arent others sick of the constant alphabet soup from UMP and Hoosier ??? Race in Indiana great you can Run D40s Race in IL or MO you must run A's and maybe Hs because the A40s are not so good right now RAce with USRA you need one tire thats 30 bucks cheaper and last longer....seems like a real easy choice. Why cant UMP go with one tire ???? Cause they are too busy putting money from Hoosier in there pocket.
    Last edited by wadegarrett; 04-21-2015 at 09:38 AM.

According to Hoosier Midwest, Hoosier is NOT making a 26.5 H for UMP. They state they have been lobbying for it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by wadegarrett View Post
    Arent others sick of the constant alphabet soup from UMP and Hoosier ??? .
    No, for the most part the guys are happy until the guys racing 2 classes above their knowledge and pocketbook start crying making them constantly change.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    No, for the most part the guys are happy until the guys racing 2 classes above their knowledge and pocketbook start crying making them constantly change.
    a fool and his money are soon parted..... The current BS from Hoosier and UMP is well just that, no reason you should not be able to run all three tires at all UMP tracks. At 130 to 140 each it makes no sense. UMP and Hoosier are laughing all the way to the bank and everyone with some sense can see that. Part of being a good business is realizing with you are getting taken and guess what this is it..UMP and Hoosier are taking the racers to the cleaners. But hey if you are ok with paying more for poor service and a poor product then have at it. Its not a good business model. anyone can see that. oh and btw plenty are not happy with the tires http://www.stlracing.com/community/i...s-tire.220339/
    Last edited by wadegarrett; 04-21-2015 at 03:04 PM.

I also don't think they care if the guy that is constantly running 3 laps down at the end of the race can afford tires to race.......
    blncfn57, where are you getting that racers are happy? I have a question for you: if you could race your car with the same engine you currently have, the same body dimensions you currently have, the same everything, other than a cheaper tire would you do it? I would think everything else being the same, a cheaper tire would a) give the guys who fund their own racing a break on cost, and b) give the guys with more money even more tires for the same money. How is either of those a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by blueracer11 View Post
    blncfn57, where are you getting that racers are happy? I have a question for you: if you could race your car with the same engine you currently have, the same body dimensions you currently have, the same everything, other than a cheaper tire would you do it? I would think everything else being the same, a cheaper tire would a) give the guys who fund their own racing a break on cost, and b) give the guys with more money even more tires for the same money. How is either of those a bad thing?
    OK, maybe not 100% happy, but where are they? Where are the top guys at? they are not on here complaining! I'm just going to guess that they are in the shop working on their cars. The most I have heard the top guys complaining about is sh!t changing all the time, maybe I just miss them b!tching about not being able to afford it. You all just keep running them hard tires because they still LOOK good and have good tread left..... and wonder why you're getting beat. While you're at it maybe you can lobby UMP to make a rule that you have to run tires for one whle season before buying new ones!!

what about the guys that are not 3 laps down? They better start caring for everyone and not just themselves because kind of Hard to race by yourself.
    Last edited by kidrock; 04-21-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wadegarrett View Post
    kidrock why yes I would certainly support a track that is non UMP, bring it on !! I hope others would as well. I know more than one person that runs USRA now, and they are far from perfect but a much better option that UMP. Cheaper tire that last longer a some actual tech and still have liberal engine rules.... seems like a decent fit. I realize this is not easy and promoters would have to switch....what I will say is what we have now is not working. for those of you that dont go to STL racing much, or in case is was not already posted Hoosier will no longer make the A40S they are going back to the A40 compound from before. In the end what it means to me is that UMP will do whatever Hoosier wants whenever Hoosier wants it and we pay the bill. Arent others sick of the constant alphabet soup from UMP and Hoosier ??? Race in Indiana great you can Run D40s Race in IL or MO you must run A's and maybe Hs because the A40s are not so good right now RAce with USRA you need one tire thats 30 bucks cheaper and last longer....seems like a real easy choice. Why cant UMP go with one tire ???? Cause they are too busy putting money from Hoosier in there pocket.
    Really can't talk to much about it but, have heard there are some rumblings of a couple of tracks seriously considering it for next year. Heard they are tired of the way things are going with UMP and a lot of their drivers are complaining as well. Probably won't happen but, I told a guy that if a track would do it and have a decent payout and a point fund they would have more cars then they could handle.

Agreed kidrock.... Tracks better wake up !! Instead of making big business for tire manufacturers and sanctionioning bodies ..... Put the money back into the tracks and the racers hands .... If tracks would work together wouldnt need the sanctioning just my opinion.. Maybe tracks should take a vote by drivers and get there input on things and do what the drivers want

OK, maybe not 100% happy, but where are they? Where are the top guys at? they are not on here complaining! I'm just going to guess that they are in the shop working on their cars. The most I have heard the top guys complaining about is sh!t changing all the time, maybe I just miss them b!tching about not being able to afford it. You all just keep running them hard tires because they still LOOK good and have good tread left..... and wonder why you're getting beat. While you're at it maybe you can lobby UMP to make a rule that you have to run tires for one whle season before buying new ones!!
    I'm sorry but I just don't understand where you're coming from. I do agree about the rules constantly changing. It's because they have rules in place that aren't working. They're trying to extend the life of the class. I'm not complaining about being able to afford anything. I'm simply saying that hard tires level the playing field for everyone as well as helping to limit the high HP engines. That has absolutely nothing to do with my getting beaten or not. On a level playing field that won't matter as much. Shoot, I'm all for a 6500 chip too, but you'd hear so much squealing and complaining with that one it'll never happen. Also, none of this is meant to be smart azz comments. I'm wondering why you feel the need to do so? Less expensive racing is good for everyone.
    Last edited by blueracer11; 04-21-2015 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by indyboywilliam View Post
    Agreed kidrock.... Tracks better wake up !! Instead of making big business for tire manufacturers and sanctionioning bodies ..... Put the money back into the tracks and the racers hands .... If tracks would work together wouldnt need the sanctioning just my opinion.. Maybe tracks should take a vote by drivers and get there input on things and do what the drivers want
    I couldn't have said it any better. I like the way you think. I would love to have a vote and see where the drivers and car owners are on this. Like I said a good payout and a decent point fund and look out. Guys are just tired of UMP and the way they are running their sanction. I'm not going to sit here and say it's all bad because it's not but, I would think they could do things a little better. I would at least take a handful of drivers from different tracks. Some front runners, middle of the pack and some back markers and at least see if they don't have some ideas on how to make things a little better for all I'm not saying penalize the guys that do go out and work hard on their cars to make them better but, at least hammer out some cost saving measures. We realize the front runners are going to be the front runners but, if they can save everyone money I would think it's better for all. Just my 2 cents which I know isn't worth 2 cents.

Promoters had a very good chance to dump UMP this year as a lot of racers were tired of their crap,,,but as always the promoters sucked ass and signed up with them again,,,,,,sticker shocks,,this tire,,no that tire,, maybe this tire,,,just like a woman with PMS..LOL
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

Quote Originally Posted by backspace View Post
    Promoters had a very good chance to dump UMP this year as a lot of racers were tired of their crap,,,but as always the promoters sucked ass and signed up with them again,,,,,,sticker shocks,,this tire,,no that tire,, maybe this tire,,,just like a woman with PMS..LOL
    I agree, this was the year because, your right so many racers and owners were pretty disgusted by UMP. Rule changes that don't amount to much and then others that just cost the racers more money and then throw in the sanction fee on top of the BS. I have heard some say it's just not worth all the BS anymore and something needs to change and sooner rather then later. The guys need to take a stance and tell the promoters they are not paying for a sanction fee unless things change. like I said it's not all bad. It just needs to be tweaked. And I would say by the owners, drivers and UMP

This has been a great thread, with many well thought out posts. Kind of unusual for this site, but I digress. If there is one thing that is clear to me it’s this. UMP and the Track promoters aren’t going to do anything for racers. You are the Labor and they are the Management, making all the rules. If you want change you have to make it happen for yourselves. This is why I propose the Fraternal Association of Racing Teams, or (F.A.R.T) for short. Its time to make some noise in the racing world and let F.A.R.T be that noise! Do you think the rules stink? F.A.R.T can fix that for you. Its time for the winds of change to blow, its time we all F.A.R.T!

I agree, this was the year because, your right so many racers and owners were pretty disgusted by UMP. Rule changes that don't amount to much and then others that just cost the racers more money and then throw in the sanction fee on top of the BS. I have heard some say it's just not worth all the BS anymore and something needs to change and sooner rather then later. The guys need to take a stance and tell the promoters they are not paying for a sanction fee unless things change. like I said it's not all bad. It just needs to be tweaked. And I would say by the owners, drivers and UMP
    saw usra dudes at PRI and they are trying to move east. better tire, allowing spoilers, engine rules that would allow the current ump engines and they tech cars too. only thing i can figure is promoters are scared to switch or ump and hoosier must be paying some decent cash. this year was indeed the year to move with the spoiler and tire deal going on...can only hope that at the end of this season racers wont forget the tire disaster with the a40s etc. Down in STL they had a big discussion on bmod rules after ump was looking to change things too. bmods dudes I talk to are still not happy that they are being forced to go crate as they add more weight every year for not running one per ump rules. ump does not seem to be looking out for anyone but ump.

What do all these UMP tires punch on the duro? I run USRA stuff and know what the KK-704 punches in say 70 degree weather.