Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hope Bloomer is ok. Not a fan, but he's good for DLM racing. Every sport needs a heel and he plays the role well. Win or lose, everyone is always talking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    As a long-time high school and college educator, all I can say is Wow. I'll even say it backwards....WOW!! Millenials (Gen Y) are too busy alright. Too busy sharing every useless detail of their fouled up lives on social media. Too busy whining about how much they should be paid, while they call in sick before they even earn their first paycheck. Too busy to detach their @#$*ing cellphones from their ears while they pay for food or gas at the counter. Too busy complaining that they don't have any money while they blow $8 on ice mochas and post a selfie with their bestie from their $600 phones. Too busy being self-absorbed and drastically over-stating their importance and accomplishments as a generation.

Millenials are developing a cure for cancer and developing way-of-life changing solutions??
    Gen Y gave us facebook, and boy is everyone glad for that. What did everyone do before the greatest time waster of all time? What military vet wouldn't feel like they should have done MORE for their country when compared to Mark Zuckerberg and the Kardashians?? Of course, what do I know? Surviving another week on the Bachelor must be a hell of a lot more stressful than landing on Omaha Beach.

"Millenials are entering the workforce with higher IQ's than any generation ever."
    That is absolutely 100% not true. Millenials are however, flunking out of college at a greater rate than any generation in history, and that is a fact. They are also carrying $1 trillion in student debt, an average of $45,000 per member of Gen Y.

Young man, do yourself a favor and have a sit down conversation with a member of the "greatest generation" to ever live. Have that person tell you about growing up as a child during the depression, and serving their country during World War II. Ask them what it was like to start working full time at age 16 because they didn't have the luxury of graduating from High School.

Ask them to define sacrifice, work ethic, and servitude. And when you're done with that conversation, thank them that you have the FREEDOM to enjoy such a "miserable" life in the greatest (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) country in the world.

Forgive me. I forgot, millennials are too busy to have that conversation...
    STANDING OVATION! ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON!

POST OF THE YEAR!

Well done Zonks! Beer's on me at the World 100! PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by KAOS View Post
    Bowyer didn't say that the Bloomquist being late strategy was an advantage. He said that a guy shouldn't show up late, barely run the show, and still get a provisional.
    And he is 100% correct. Doesn't matter who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    As a long-time high school and college educator, all I can say is Wow. I'll even say it backwards....WOW!! Millenials (Gen Y) are too busy alright. Too busy sharing every useless detail of their fouled up lives on social media. Too busy whining about how much they should be paid, while they call in sick before they even earn their first paycheck. Too busy to detach their @#$*ing cellphones from their ears while they pay for food or gas at the counter. Too busy complaining that they don't have any money while they blow $8 on ice mochas and post a selfie with their bestie from their $600 phones. Too busy being self-absorbed and drastically over-stating their importance and accomplishments as a generation.

Millenials are developing a cure for cancer and developing way-of-life changing solutions??
    Gen Y gave us facebook, and boy is everyone glad for that. What did everyone do before the greatest time waster of all time? What military vet wouldn't feel like they should have done MORE for their country when compared to Mark Zuckerberg and the Kardashians?? Of course, what do I know? Surviving another week on the Bachelor must be a hell of a lot more stressful than landing on Omaha Beach.

"Millenials are entering the workforce with higher IQ's than any generation ever."
    That is absolutely 100% not true. Millenials are however, flunking out of college at a greater rate than any generation in history, and that is a fact. They are also carrying $1 trillion in student debt, an average of $45,000 per member of Gen Y.

Young man, do yourself a favor and have a sit down conversation with a member of the "greatest generation" to ever live. Have that person tell you about growing up as a child during the depression, and serving their country during World War II. Ask them what it was like to start working full time at age 16 because they didn't have the luxury of graduating from High School.

Ask them to define sacrifice, work ethic, and servitude. And when you're done with that conversation, thank them that you have the FREEDOM to enjoy such a "miserable" life in the greatest (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) country in the world.

Forgive me. I forgot, millennials are too busy to have that conversation...
    You hit the nail squarely on the head.

Thumbs up

Zonks that is so well said it brings tears to my eyes! I had an uncle that grew up as a kid in the 30s right on rt 30 in the family garage, he left school early to fight the war and was one of many very young men to wade in on the beaches of Normandy. He made it back untouched but many never returned. I new him as one of the finest tool and die makers around and he helped me learn to work when I was too young to break a bolt loose. with as much time as I spent with him over the years I never new of his march up that beach until he died and someone else told me. He was a young man that did what needed to be done then came home and lived 80 yrs as a quiet humble man. We should all be so lucky!

Wow, great story Non Driving.And a thumbs up to Zonks, that's spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Not to stray too far away from the topic, but it is ironic that you poke fun at "milleniatards", when in fact not many "milleniatards" give a crap about this sport. "Milleniatards" are coming into the workforce with higher IQ's than any generation ever, and are too busy developing cures for cancer and developing way-of-life-changing solutions for us in every aspect of our day. I'd argue that many "old farts" (no offense), are way more of a hindrance and a barrier to innovation than the "milleniatards". But I digress.....
    You do know Bill Clinton lowered the difficulty of the SAT's back in the late 90's so the next gen wouldn't look so... uneducated. Scores were dropping nationwide, so his solution was to make things easier and in turn have them believe they are the "Golden Generation", the savior of all mankind. Being able to use apps is not a sign of intelligence, and mass narcissism isn't a virtue. Having a smart phone does not raise the owners IQ. Its NOT their fault mind you, government and public education gave them the shaft. Instead of teaching them how to think, they taught them what to think and had them repeat it, this is why younger voters typically vote democrat, the party platform sounds like what they were told to believe in. Later on when reality of life shows up, some come to their senses and ask the old farts, "what they should do..."

Get well soon, Scott.
    Politically Incorrect.

Someone really put their foot in their mouth here.....woof

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    You do know Bill Clinton lowered the difficulty of the SAT's back in the late 90's

Reference???

The Clinton Presidency: A Historic Era of Progress and Prosperity

Longest economic expansion in American history
    The President's strategy of fiscal discipline, open foreign markets and investments in the American people helped create the conditions for a record 115 months of economic expansion. Our economy has grown at an average of 4 percent per year since 1993.

More than 22 million new jobs
    More than 22 million jobs were created in less than eight years -- the most ever under a single administration, and more than were created in the previous twelve years.

Highest homeownership in American history
    A strong economy and fiscal discipline kept interest rates low, making it possible for more families to buy homes. The homeownership rate increased from 64.2 percent in 1992 to 67. 7 percent, the highest rate ever.

Lowest unemployment in 30 years
    Unemployment dropped from more than 7 percent in 1993 to just 4.0 percent in November 2000. Unemployment for African Americans and Hispanics fell to the lowest rates on record, and the rate for women is the lowest in more than 40 years.

Raised education standards, increased school choice, and doubled education and training investment
    Since 1992, reading and math scores have increased for 4th, 8th, and 12th graders, math SAT scores are at a 30-year high, the number of charter schools has grown from 1 to more than 2,000, forty-nine states have put in place standards in core subjects and federal investment in education and training has doubled.

Largest expansion of college opportunity since the GI Bill
    President Clinton and Vice President Gore have nearly doubled financial aid for students by increasing Pell Grants to the largest award ever, expanding Federal Work-Study to allow 1 million students to work their way through college, and by creating new tax credits and scholarships such as Lifetime Learning tax credits and the HOPE scholarship. At the same time, taxpayers have saved $18 billion due to the decline in student loan defaults, increased collections and savings from the direct student loan program.

Connected 95 percent of schools to the Internet
    President Clinton and Vice President Gore's new commitment to education technology, including the E-Rate and a 3,000 percent increase in educational technology funding, increased the percentage of schools connected to the Internet from 35 percent in 1994 to 95 percent in 1999.

Lowest crime rate in 26 years
    Because of President Clinton's comprehensive anti-crime strategy of tough penalties, more police, and smart prevention, as well as common sense gun safety laws, the overall crime rate declined for 8 consecutive years, the longest continuous drop on record, and is at the lowest level since 1973.

100,000 more police for our streets
    As part of the 1994 Crime Bill, President Clinton enacted a new initiative to fund 100,000 community police officers. To date more than 11,000 law enforcement agencies have received COPS funding.

Enacted most sweeping gun safety legislation in a generation
    Since the President signed the Brady bill in 1993, more than 600,000 felons, fugitives, and other prohibited persons have been stopped from buying guns. Gun crime has declined 40 percent since 1992.

Family and Medical Leave Act for 20 million Americans
    To help parents succeed at work and at home, President Clinton signed the Family and Medical Leave Act in 1993. Over 20 million Americans have taken unpaid leave to care for a newborn child or sick family member.

Smallest welfare rolls in 32 years
    The President pledged to end welfare as we know it and signed landmark bipartisan welfare reform legislation in 1996. Since then, caseloads have been cut in half, to the lowest level since 1968, and millions of parents have joined the workforce. People on welfare today are five times more likely to be working than in 1992.

Higher incomes at all levels
    After falling by nearly $2,000 between 1988 and 1992, the median family's income rose by $6,338, after adjusting for inflation, since 1993. African American family income increased even more, rising by nearly $7,000 since 1993. After years of stagnant income growth among average and lower income families, all income brackets experienced double-digit growth since 1993. The bottom 20 percent saw the largest income growth at 16.3 percent.

Lowest poverty rate in 20 years
    Since Congress passed President Clinton's Economic Plan in 1993, the poverty rate declined from 15.1 percent to 11.8 percent last year — the largest six-year drop in poverty in nearly 30 years. There are now 7 million fewer people in poverty than in 1993. The child poverty rate declined more than 25 percent, the poverty rates for single mothers, African Americans and the elderly have dropped to their lowest levels on record, and Hispanic poverty dropped to its lowest level since 1979.

Lowest teen birth rate in 60 years
    In his 1995 State of the Union Address, President Clinton challenged Americans to join together in a national campaign against teen pregnancy. The birth rate for teens aged 15-19 declined every year of the Clinton Presidency, from 60.7 per 1,000 teens in 1992 to a record low of 49.6 in 1999.

Lowest infant mortality rate in American history
    The Clinton Administration expanded efforts to provide mothers and newborn children with health care. Today, a record high 82 percent of all mothers receive prenatal care. The infant mortality rate has dropped from 8.5 deaths per 1,000 in 1992 to 7.2 deaths per 1,000 in 1998, the lowest rate ever recorded.

Deactivated more than 1,700 nuclear warheads from the former Soviet Union
    Efforts of the Clinton-Gore Administration led to the dismantling of more than 1,700 nuclear warheads, 300 launchers and 425 land and submarine based missiles from the former Soviet Union.

Protected millions of acres of American land
    President Clinton has protected more land in the lower 48 states than any other president. He has protected 5 new national parks, designated 11 new national monuments and expanded two others and proposed protections for 60 million acres of roadless areas in America's national forests.

Paid off $360 billion of the national debt
    Between 1998-2000, the national debt was reduced by $363 billion — the largest three-year debt pay-down in American history. We are now on track to pay off the entire debt by 2009.

Converted the largest budget deficit in American history to the largest surplus
    Thanks in large part to the 1993 Deficit Reduction Act, the 1997 Balanced Budget Act, and President Clinton's call to save the surplus for debt reduction, Social Security, and Medicare solvency, America has put its fiscal house in order. The deficit was $290 billion in 1993 and expected to grow to $455 billion by this year. Instead, we have a projected surplus of $237 billion.

Lowest government spending in three decades
    Under President Clinton federal government spending as a share of the economy has decreased from 22.2 percent in 1992 to a projected 18.5 percent in 2000, the lowest since 1966.

Lowest federal income tax burden in 35 years
    President Clinton enacted targeted tax cuts such as the Earned Income Tax Credit expansion, $500 child tax credit, and the HOPE Scholarship and Lifetime Learning Tax Credits. Federal income taxes as a percentage of income for the typical American family have dropped to their lowest level in 35 years.

More families own stock than ever before
    The number of families owning stock in the United States increased by 40 percent since 1992.

Most diverse cabinet in American history
    The President has appointed more African Americans, women and Hispanics to the Cabinet than any other President in history. He appointed the first female Attorney General, the first female Secretary of State and the first Asian American cabinet secretary ever.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    And he is 100% correct. Doesn't matter who it is.
    Then when are provisionals suppose to be used?
    What dictates hardship?

Excuse me, but he did show up(injured). Ran the race as best he could and got in a wreck. So because he is the defending champion it should be more difficult for him to race? Does that mean if someone had a great job last year and got hurt and can't work, that they shouldn't get any of the benefits they paid into because they did so well last year? I'm actually not a Bloomer fan, but I do believe in helping someone when they are down. I think the haters see this as an opportunity to sink the man they hate and Clint Bowyer, if he really said what he said, disgust me. Provisionals were earned and should be honored(without new stipulations) and only drivers should have a say on the hardship point deal, NOT car owners. The man is sick enough to be in a hospital.... HELLO!

And yes despite the lengthy flatulence post above mine, Bill Clinton DID lower the difficulty of the SAT's in and effort to improve scores. No I'm not gonna spend my day searching for links to prove the truth, I lived it, I was there, he himself announced this strategy in a press conference. He takes credit for a lot of stuff he had zero to do with. Later.
    Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 02-16-2017 at 08:27 AM.
    Politically Incorrect.

Hey SCD, stop with facts in your posts. The Conservatives can't handle the truth.

Nicely done......

Wow, Scott Bloomquist injuring his finger causes a political argument. Stede Bonnet, wasn't the Bell Curve written about what you are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY DUTY View Post
    Wow, Scott Bloomquist injuring his finger causes a political argument. Stede Bonnet, wasn't the Bell Curve written about what you are talking about?
    The bell curve was something that already existed, this was an actual dumbing down of the actual SAT test, to effect the results. The bell curve wasn't used in the schools I attended, but I had heard of it. My father said it was in practice when he was in college and that would've been the late 50's.

Subscription Deleted.
    Politically Incorrect.

Well said Z32 well said

You do know Bill Clinton lowered the difficulty of the SAT's back in the late 90's so the next gen wouldn't look so... uneducated. Scores were dropping nationwide, so his solution was to make things easier and in turn have them believe they are the "Golden Generation", the savior of all mankind. Being able to use apps is not a sign of intelligence, and mass narcissism isn't a virtue. Having a smart phone does not raise the owners IQ. Its NOT their fault mind you, government and public education gave them the shaft. Instead of teaching them how to think, they taught them what to think and had them repeat it, this is why younger voters typically vote democrat, the party platform sounds like what they were told to believe in. Later on when reality of life shows up, some come to their senses and ask the old farts, "what they should do..."

Get well soon, Scott.
    did clinton do this before or after he signed into law the final version of the disaster known as NAFTA ?

The bell curve was something that already existed, this was an actual dumbing down of the actual SAT test, to effect the results. The bell curve wasn't used in the schools I attended, but I had heard of it. My father said it was in practice when he was in college and that would've been the late 50's.

Subscription Deleted.
    Makes sense delete vs post your reference.

I'm confused, are we saying Scott can't take the SAT because of his hand injury or did he score higher because it was dumbed down?

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    I'm confused, are we saying Scott can't take the SAT because of his hand injury or did he score higher because it was dumbed down?
    I'm pretty sure the only SAT Scott ever took was the time he installed a new seat in the race car and sat in it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Isnt that where your son, SS, was conceived?
    Naw it was a hay loft. Thats why hes into farm animals
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Carefull now. Litey is dd45 son too
    Bite your tongue. If he was my son Id leave him in Debos pigeon coop
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!