Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Owens Bronson running together

Can someone tell me what's going on with Owens and Bronson being team mates in FL?

Sorry if this has already been posted.

They are both racing 2 cars owned by Michael Lloyd at the Powell family memorial next weekend at All Tech for $26k to win 604 crate race. The cars are identical other than the numbers. Other than that that's about it
    2021 race count
    6 events

Michael is Bronsons future pa-in-law!

I see. Thank you for the info.

65 cars at practice tonight.
    2021 race count
    6 events

They also did this a couple of times at the end of last year, including the big crate race that was held at Volunteer Speedway where Jimmy won 15k.

Owens dominates
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Owens dominates
    Is this really shocking to anyone? This is why you don't put up big money to win for crate racing. It totally defies everything that crate racing is 'supposed' to be!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Is this really shocking to anyone?
    Yes. Considering the fact of his very limited experience in running a crate engine and only racing at All Tech twice compared to other guys that were there. His post race interview tells all.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Yes. Considering the fact of his very limited experience in running a crate engine and only racing at All Tech twice compared to other guys that were there. His post race interview tells all.
    He was just being modest. You saw what Bloomer did when $100k was on the line in a modified. Really the only way a big money race like this would work is if they put it up against something like the World 100, otherwise there will be a touring LM driver who will grab the cash every time.

Are there any other big money crate races where a LM driver didn't win the money?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Is this really shocking to anyone? This is why you don't put up big money to win for crate racing. It totally defies everything that crate racing is 'supposed' to be!
    This is a long-standing event that used to NOT be a crate race. But, with the death of anything non-crate in the South, it became a crate race by necessity.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Logan Roberson won the Virginia Fastrak $20k race a few years back as a crate racer only, but yeah it’s a rare thing

We cant really blame Jimmy or Kyle either one here. They were hired guns, it doesnt matter if the cars belonged to Bronson's soon to be in laws or not. If someone calls any real racer, and is given a chance to drive someone else's stuff for decent money, they're probably going to do it.

Im not a fan of guys dropping down a class and taking money away from the regulars, but its been the way of the racing world for years.

Jimmy was very aggressive in getting to the front, he knew the rubber was coming!Then it was game over!

That Ferguson kid held his own and ran right with Jimmy! Impressive!

yes, Joseph Joiner, Hunt the Front, won a $50k event in Septmeber. But your point is well taken, I don't recall any super late drivers in that race. I think it was up against the Jackson 100.

I think it just goes to show that Owens is a very good driver no matter what equipment he is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberwhip View Post
    yes, Joseph Joiner, Hunt the Front, won a $50k event in Septmeber. But your point is well taken, I don't recall any super late drivers in that race. I think it was up against the Jackson 100.I think it just goes to show that Owens is a very good driver no matter what equipment he is in.
    Cade dillard got 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Jimmy was very aggressive in getting to the front, he knew the rubber was coming!Then it was game over!That Ferguson kid held his own and ran right with Jimmy! Impressive!
    Carson is getting ready to move on up, I think he will do a great job in Supers next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Cade dillard got 2nd
    I am all for a racer racing. But a 'spec class' for guys have won World 100s, Lucas Championships, Hillbilly 100, Topless 100s, Knoxville Nats ect.

If you are going to put up big money for "crate' racers, keep the money with the 'crate' racers. Say you cannot enter if you are Top 15 in Lucas, or WoO points or something.

Eventually if guys like Jimmy show up and take their money you will have less crate racers interested.

I am sure I will take heat for this as always so fire away.

Hard to call that a spec class when theyre spending 60k+, on a race ready chassis!

Guys that race for a living are racers. They are there to make a paycheck. Whether or not it's bouncing around to mods, street stocks, crates or open motor cars.

Should Kyle Larson be allowed to race LM, Sprints and midegts etc just because he races in Nascar?
    2021 race count
    6 events