Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: take a knee

Default take a knee

at my wife's workplace, they were told to get down on one knee for 8 minutes in support of Black Lives Matter. My wife spent those 8 minutes in the bathroom.

Oh lord. I expect to see a lot more of this type stuff going on. Unfortunately. First amendment is being ripped apart right in front of our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    at my wife's workplace, they were told to get down on one knee for 8 minutes in support of Black Lives Matter. My wife spent those 8 minutes in the bathroom.
    They were told or they were asked?? Legally there is a huge difference.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I just reread the email she received - they were asked. But I'm sure there was someone there taking notes on who didn't

Make sure your wife makes and takes her own notes......if there is any retaliatory behavior all of a sudden from her superiors, seek counsel.

She has a job description/ expectation document somewhere on file and that she has a copy of somewhere most likely......read it again just to be sure there are no caveats about that( which I doubt there would be) as a condition of her employment.

I'm all for supporting what's right because that's just who I am and I believe in everyone being treated equal until given a reason for them not to be........being made to do something you aren't comfortable with as a condition of employment is a different story.
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 06-04-2020 at 08:42 PM.

I asked my employees if they would be willing to do that......one said "hell to the no"!

I said good, you woulda been fired if you said yes!

on a similar subject , i have lost a great deal of respect for Drew Breeze , he had absolutely no reason to apologize for his stance on kneeling for the flag and anthem , he CAVED ..............

I'm 100% behind and support all things in all ways getting better concerning race between everyone....I'm also 100% behind both sides of the coin accepting their responsibility of doing it.

Right now the perceived blame for shotty race relations seems to be pretty one sided and the hammered in solution is for only one group to change their behavior, not all.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    on a similar subject , i have lost a great deal of respect for Drew Breeze , he had absolutely no reason to apologize for his stance on kneeling for the flag and anthem , he CAVED ..............
    Cash is king........sometimes for all the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Cash is king........sometimes for all the wrong reasons.
    Yes. This. Left wing knows this and they will attack your money stream if you do not comply with their thoughts.

That's why they are so pissed.......this administration has barbecued their cash cow.

Defund the police is the new rallying cry. Mnpls. is considering away with their police department. LA. and New York City are planning to drastically cut funding for their departments. If the trend catches on in other major cities, chaos will rule the day.

I'm gonna get barbecued for this but I think Trump will be on the spit come November. His slow covid response, the childish tweeting and attacks against anyone who disagrees with him, and now the George Floyd fiasco are not helping his cause. Not what you fervid Trump supporters want to hear but it is what it is.

I too believe Trump will have a tough time of it in November even against a senile numb skull like Biden. What I believe will be his biggest asset is strong economic news. The latest jobs report release this morning was totally unexpected in that the beginnings of a recovery were felt far more than anyone ever could have hoped for at this juncture of the pandemic and now the rampant criminality in the nations' hellhole urban areas.

As you all know that bother to read my posts I am not all that much of a Trump supporter. However, don't know what to hope for. If Trump gets re-elected there will be hell to pay 'till his second term is finished. Nothing will get done if either the House or the Senate is in Democrat control. On the same token if Biden is elected it will be social and political open season on everyone who isn't a minority citizen or an illegal alien.

I'm still want Trump to be re-elected but it won't be a bowl of cherries if he is, it will just be the lesser of the two evils.

I still love the fact that Trump totally pisses off all of the right people!! LOL!

Question is, does the country want 4 more years of Jim Acosta, Don Lemon, Rachel Maddow, and all the other Trump haters? Just depends on if the people want 4 more years of constant bashing by the media. Glad the job numbers were up this morning. Just hope it continues despite the "protestors" looting and burning these businesses putting more people on the unemployment ranks.

Give em exactly what they want. I’m up with that.
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 06-05-2020 at 09:55 AM.

In addition to the very good job numbers the stock market is up over 1000 points this morning.

Glad I bought in a little when it was at it's lowest! As the old saying goes, even a blind squirrel can find an acorn now and then.

As far as Acosta, Maddow, Lemon and those of their ilk are concerned, if they're not gone after perpetrating and perpetuating the biggest hoax I've ever seen they're probably gonna' be around for a second Trump term, if there is one. There are enough people who really enjoy watching this crap regardless of accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    Question is, does the country want 4 more years of Jim Acosta, Don Lemon, Rachel Maddow, and all the other Trump haters? Just depends on if the people want 4 more years of constant bashing by the media. Glad the job numbers were up this morning. Just hope it continues despite the "protestors" looting and burning these businesses putting more people on the unemployment ranks.
    That almost sounds planned and contrived anyway now doesn't it? The folks at CNN are just an extension of the party"........a very loud extension of the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    That almost sounds planned and contrived anyway now doesn't it? The folks at CNN are just an extension of the party"........a very loud extension of the party.
    The rioters in Atlanta did not get that memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    The rioters in Atlanta did not get that memo.
    The rioters in Atlanta didn't get a lot of memos.......like the one that asked if they even knew what they were rioting about?