Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LR Stack Spring

Default LR Stack Spring

I bought a set of shocks from Rocket and I had them set up the LR with a stacked spring set up. It was suppose to be set up with 200 pounds of extended load. When I have the car up on stands and the rear end is hanging at full extension with the chain tight, the top spring and bottom spring doesnt touch. So my question is people setting the 200 pounds of load when the rear end of the car is full dropped out or is it set when the shock is compressed at a lesser length.

Quote Originally Posted by strong08 View Post
    I bought a set of shocks from Rocket and I had them set up the LR with a stacked spring set up. It was suppose to be set up with 200 pounds of extended load. When I have the car up on stands and the rear end is hanging at full extension with the chain tight, the top spring and bottom spring doesnt touch. So my question is people setting the 200 pounds of load when the rear end of the car is full dropped out or is it set when the shock is compressed at a lesser length.
    It's generally set at 4" from ride height. Is this a xr-1 or blue Grey car ?

I'm not a Rocket guy, but along the lines of Jking24, I'd check what the extended center-to-center is supposed to be. Things like where the RR is at (such as when you have it on jack stands, is the RR supposed to be at ride height?) and the LR link location/s can affect the LR droop center-to-center.

depends on the springs (how soft) i could believe that with the right springs, and check your measurement on the lr, some cars let out a ton (too much) on the limiter, it wasn't to long ago they found out too much is bad too, us racers go too far on everything from time to time, thats why you'll here a guy say "we went back to standard" sometimes

its on a XR 1. I have a 90/200. The rear is fully extented. My measurement between axle tube a bottom of frame is 18 7/8 inch. which is standard. I looked at the recommend c toc its 18 5/8 icns which I am not at I am more around the 20 1/2 inch with car on the ground with me in it. I cant go any lower the top nut on the shoch is up far as it will go. At rocket he told me he set the extented load at 22 5/8 inchs but the spring was a mile from touching. After reading the prevoius statement a industry standard of 4 inchs the 22 5/8 makes sense. Note: I am running a 604 in the car. And it is tight on entrance and really tight in the center espcecially if I run at Tazewell Speedway. If I run at Lake Cumberland same thing except leaving the corner exspecially 4 it spinns the RR and I am side was.

22 5/8 seems short for full drop. My MB Custom c to c at full extension is 24 1/2 to 25" (depending on my bar location)

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    22 5/8 seems short for full drop. My MB Custom c to c at full extension is 24 1/2 to 25" (depending on my bar location)
    It's not full drop, but it's where Rocket says to check. Why? Beats me...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

its on a XR 1. I have a 90/200. The rear is fully extented. My measurement between axle tube a bottom of frame is 18 7/8 inch. which is standard. I looked at the recommend c toc its 18 5/8 icns which I am not at I am more around the 20 1/2 inch with car on the ground with me in it. I cant go any lower the top nut on the shoch is up far as it will go. At rocket he told me he set the extented load at 22 5/8 inchs but the spring was a mile from touching. After reading the prevoius statement a industry standard of 4 inchs the 22 5/8 makes sense. Note: I am running a 604 in the car. And it is tight on entrance and really tight in the center espcecially if I run at Tazewell Speedway. If I run at Lake Cumberland same thing except leaving the corner exspecially 4 it spinns the RR and I am side was.
    Your 20 1/2" ride height on the ground is pretty typical if your using rockets load numbers

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It's not full drop, but it's where Rocket says to check. Why? Beats me...
    hmmm interesting

hmmm interesting
    A lot of places, a good driver lives from full extension to down 1". So, doesn't make sense to me.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

i am hearing people is getting much as 300 lbs of extended load on this cars. Is that because its being set with such a compressed number instead of being set with the shock being full extended.

i am hearing people is getting much as 300 lbs of extended load on this cars. Is that because its being set with such a compressed number instead of being set with the shock being full extended.
    To compensate for really soft RF's. Running 175 RF you need to have some more extended load to make up for that RF not pushing back on the LR.

A friend who has a Rocket just got a new set up shocks smashed and ready to put on - 175 RF and 300lbs of extended load on the LR.

What kinda bump are they using with that RF?

To compensate for really soft RF's. Running 175 RF you need to have some more extended load to make up for that RF not pushing back on the LR.

A friend who has a Rocket just got a new set up shocks smashed and ready to put on - 175 RF and 300lbs of extended load on the LR.

550 Bump spring with a 200 pound 14 inch spring. Something I have been confused on is at point to switch back to a traditional bump stop. Is that when I switch to 275 spring or when. Rocket did tell me when I run springs for Volunteer or Tazewell to go back to a Tradtional bump stop. So far I have been using the bump spring at both cant tell much difference in feel compared to a bump stop. Grated I used the bump stop on a Blue gray and not a XR1. I plan on trying a traditional bump at Tazewell this week.

That seems pretty soft on the bump spring…weird
    550 Bump spring with a 200 pound 14 inch spring. Something I have been confused on is at point to switch back to a traditional bump stop. Is that when I switch to 275 spring or when. Rocket did tell me when I run springs for Volunteer or Tazewell to go back to a Tradtional bump stop. So far I have been using the bump spring at both cant tell much difference in feel compared to a bump stop. Grated I used the bump stop on a Blue gray and not a XR1. I plan on trying a traditional bump at Tazewell this week.

^^has to be coil bound.

Now, that probably occurs at 2100-2200 # depending on his initial ride load and gap, so maybe it isn't too bad.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 07-21-2021 at 08:46 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

On the rocket set-up set up sheet, if you run a 200 with a 550 bump spring, it says you need an internal bump stop in the shock. I never ran that setup so I am not sure.

we figured out pretty quick that on a rough track , the bump spring or even the 2 stage set up was better and a smooth track the rubber stop was better , we never went that soft on the bump spring though , we also migrated to the long soft lfr spring over the stacked , we like the swift tornado spring the best...jmo...

Quote Originally Posted by TRocket8 View Post
    On the rocket set-up set up sheet, if you run a 200 with a 550 bump spring, it says you need an internal bump stop in the shock. I never ran that setup so I am not sure.
    I believe they are referring to a.500" spacer inside the bump spring to keep it from coil binding

its on a XR 1. I have a 90/200. .
    What brand/length of springs do you run? Been looking for about a 100lb short spring (6in) but not able find anything.