Default Lincoln, Illinois Fire Chief Apologizes.........

The Lincoln, Illinois Fire Chief publicly apologized for posting a pro second amendment meme on Facebook.

Whadaya'll think? Should he have not posted this or should he not have apologized because he did?

Kidrock, this is in your neck of the woods, is this a big deal down there?

https://www.pantagraph.com/news/stat...d9d7d6c7d.html

Shoot somebody in Chicago over a dime bag or pair of sneakers perfectly normal...........
    Shoot somebody trying to protect your business from looting, manufactured outrage........

vote lincolnites.......send the governor back to the mash potato and gravy bar.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The Lincoln, Illinois Fire Chief publicly apologized for posting a pro second amendment meme on Facebook.

Whadaya'll think? Should he have not posted this or should he not have apologized because he did?

Kidrock, this is in your neck of the woods, is this a big deal down there?

https://www.pantagraph.com/news/stat...d9d7d6c7d.html

I don't know any details of what happened but, this is a Republican county so, he should be good!!

CIRF, update: My wife said the Mayor has resigned tonight but, not sure if it has to do with the Fire Chief or not. It's possible they're unrelated. I'm sure more will come out in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Shoot somebody in Chicago over a dime bag or pair of sneakers perfectly normal...........
    Shoot somebody trying to protect your business from looting, manufactured outrage........

vote lincolnites.......send the governor back to the mash potato and gravy bar.
    BBQ, as I'm sure you know, the state of Illinois south of I-80 and west of I-39 is basically held hostage to the electoral whims of chitcago. The votes are in chitcago to keep a governor in office indefinitely and that has happened in Illinois in the past.

There has been extensive urban inbreeding taking place in chitcago for generations which has poisoned the gene pool and caused mass illogical stupidity. That, along with machine politics and purchased votes that dates back to the chitcago fire have more than sealed the fate of the good areas of Illinois.

The 44th POTUS was an expert at the ways of chitcago politics. That is to say he had a network of underling crooks who would protect him legally and take the fall for him if things went bad. They were/are compensated quite nicely, you can be sure of that. hussein took that crooked expertise and network of protection to Washington DC, and for the most part the chitcago way worked well enough for him as to keep his crooked ass out of jail but you can be certain, he was as dirty as they come. This method has proved effective for most crooked chitcago politicians. Dan Rostenkowski and Blago, among a couple of others, are the exceptions but the fact is, both of those guys pissed off the wrong people. That is not to say they weren't crooks but they pissed off the wrong people.

Understand this, the people who hold the real power in chitcago aren't household names, they're somewhat obscure and they are very effective.

Unfortunately for the actual good people of Illinois we're stuck with governor crooked fat-bastard for as long as chitcago and metro east St. Louis are paid to re-elect him or he dies of morbid obesity, whichever comes first. This is the case in spite of how vigorously we downstater's work to get crooked fat-bastard voted out. Just a fact of life in Illinois.

THAT is a long winded but yet over simplified way of saying it don't matter how vigorously the good people of Lincoln work and vote to get rid of governor crooked fat-bastard, chitcago holds the key to his jail cell.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    CIRF, update: My wife said the Mayor has resigned tonight but, not sure if it has to do with the Fire Chief or not. It's possible they're unrelated. I'm sure more will come out in the near future.
    Thanks, Kid. Keep us northerners up to speed! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    BBQ, as I'm sure you know, the state of Illinois south of I-80 and west of I-39 is basically held hostage to the electoral whims of chitcago. The votes are in chitcago to keep a governor in office indefinitely and that has happened in Illinois in the past.

There has been extensive urban inbreeding taking place in chitcago for generations which has poisoned the gene pool and caused mass illogical stupidity. That, along with machine politics and purchased votes that dates back to the chitcago fire have more than sealed the fate of the good areas of Illinois.

The 44th POTUS was an expert at the ways of chitcago politics. That is to say he had a network of underling crooks who would protect him legally and take the fall for him if things went bad. They were/are compensated quite nicely, you can be sure of that. hussein took that crooked expertise and network of protection to Washington DC, and for the most part the chitcago way worked well enough for him as to keep his crooked ass out of jail but you can be certain, he was as dirty as they come. This method has proved effective for most crooked chitcago politicians. Dan Rostenkowski and Blago, among a couple of others, are the exceptions but the fact is, both of those guys pissed off the wrong people. That is not to say they weren't crooks but they pissed off the wrong people.

Understand this, the people who hold the real power in chitcago aren't household names, they're somewhat obscure and they are very effective.

Unfortunately for the actual good people of Illinois we're stuck with governor crooked fat-bastard for as long as chitcago and metro east St. Louis are paid to re-elect him or he dies of morbid obesity, whichever comes first. This is the case in spite of how vigorously we downstater's work to get crooked fat-bastard voted out. Just a fact of life in Illinois.

THAT is a long winded but yet over simplified way of saying it don't matter how vigorously the good people of Lincoln work and vote to get rid of governor crooked fat-bastard, chitcago holds the key to his jail cell.
    When I said linclonites I should have said land of linclonites .....was meaning the whole state.

But after reading what you posted it sounds like it's a state within a state.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    When I said linclonites I should have said land of linclonites .....was meaning the whole state.

But after reading what you posted it sounds like it's a state within a state.
    I thought that might have been what you meant, BBQ.

In Illinois it really is a situation of an urban hellhole that features an intrinsically crooked political culture, with an overwhelming morally bankrupt population that espouses to unsustainable ideological guidelines. The hellhole forces their $hithole will and values down the throat of a state that, outside of that urban hellhole, is quite nice featuring people who are basically hard working and honest. Most of the population of chitcago is well aware that they can legally force their $hithole will upon the rest of the state and they enjoy doing it. Governor crooked fat-bastard takes great satisfaction in knowing he's nearly universally despised and reviled by the good people of Illinois who reside south of I-80. He loves sticking it to downstate and makes no particular attempt to hide his contempt.

Governor crooked fat-bastard was (surprise!) born & raised in California. As far as anyone knows he's never worked a day in his calorically saturated life due to being an heir to the Hyatt Hotel fortune. I call it the lucky sperm club to which I'm not even remotely a member! Governor crooked fat-bastard is the richest governor in American history and is the 2nd richest politician in the history of American, 2nd only to Michael Bloomberg.

There is an actual grass roots movement afoot in downstate Illinois to force chitcago to become the U.S.'s 51st state. Being a native born Illini I wholeheartedly support that movement. However, it's all an exercise in futility because there are way too many obstacles to overcome for that to happen but I vigorously support it, nonetheless!
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-06-2020 at 10:55 AM.