Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If I promoted or ran a track, their would be no social media page. Track website only. Facebook/Twitter, there's yer problem.
    Tracks could always turn off comments all together on their FB pages. Only reason I have a FB page is for racing classified groups, marketplace, and to actually keep up with some drivers/tracks that don't have websites. Free and not as much maintenance to have a FB I suppose is the reason some go strictly that route. You would eliminate a large part of the issue though by totally steering clear of FB/Twitter.

All it would take is for people to have some class instead of running around acting like trailer trash. Not sure what it is about racing that makes people this way. If you can’t help it maybe go to the local dive bar on Saturday night? Or Bowman Gray Stadium if you’re in that vicinity?

Back in the day, these issues were resolved face to face. Sometimes on the spot. Lots of times the results were not favorable for 1 party involved. That's just the way it was at dirt tracks. Now you have social media.
    8/13/16

This has nothing to do with social media.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    This has nothing to do with social media.
    It does. This was posted on Facebook. Promoters have been putting up with this for decades but 99% of them don’t make social media posts outlining the problems like here. They just move on.

Penn , people are idiots for sure…….and you can’t stop them all, but you can dam sure control the things you can control.
    I.e the whole wristband thing , don’t want to wear it ? Here’s your 25 back now gtfo until you do want to wear it…..This sounds more like a faction of folks that’s “ been there” don’t want to follow different rules from people that haven’t been.
    Hopefully cooler heads will prevail, but it is their ball….they can do what they want.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Penn have you ever been there? I’ve heard the asphalt racing was pretty good at one time.

BBQ, I have not been there, I had a buddy who tested a modified there once.

As far as the argument, we’re not that far off from one another. I’m not condoning what people did there, I’m only stating it’s been going on for years but because these owners posted on Facebook about it, everyone now sees what’s been happening. Stealing, cheating, etc. I’ve seen people craw over and under fences to get in free at Pennsboro. While it’s easy to sit back and say “well if people would just follow the rules” the rules get broken by idiots every day. I don’t blame them for being done, some people have more tolerance than others though and that was my point. No disrespect to the people at that track.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    I live 40 mins from this track and 311. With 311 shut down I chose to go to friendship on special occasions when they are running supers on a touring series. While I condone everything that was posted in first message and had nothing nor did I know this was going on I am sorry for all that has happened. Being a fan going to watch the shows there it has been a joke compared to other tracks. I was at the last Carolina clash show and was so disappointed that I left early and I have a lot of patience. I told myself I would never return and I don't like being like that cuz I like to support local tracks. May b 311 can make something happen but I have my doubts.

We must be neighbors. I supported Friendship for years, but quit a couple of promoters back because they felt the need to run 7 or 8 classes a night, and I got tired of riding him at 2:00 in the morning. And only at 2 because I left early. But I didn't get on here and bash them. I just quit going. It's a great track when ran properly. But no excuse for fans and crew to act like described. As for 311, you can stick a fork in that one!

It’s a “society” problem….people just don’t respect each other anymore. I’m old…I remember when tracks were pretty rough… I don’t mean the track surface. But ya know what? People had respect for each other even after things got a little heated. They would sat d up and help the track owner and had his back even though sometimes the competitors got into a bit of a rumble here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    We must be neighbors. I supported Friendship for years, but quit a couple of promoters back because they felt the need to run 7 or 8 classes a night, and I got tired of riding him at 2:00 in the morning. And only at 2 because I left early. But I didn't get on here and bash them. I just quit going. It's a great track when ran properly. But no excuse for fans and crew to act like described. As for 311, you can stick a fork in that one!
    Yea NC mudcat I'm in Lexington so we're neighbors lol. Yea I think 311 is done.

Wendell at Alltech had the best solution for racers leaving their trash behind. He would regularly post videos on FB and say....... the next time this happens, Im gonna start putting names in the video! Problem solved!

The tracks have to learn to put their foot down. When one threatens their officials, suspend him for a certain length of time. If it happens again, make it indefinitely. Those are the people that have no respect for anyone or anything, and are not good for business!

This type of thing has happened over the last 50 years, but it was usually a few people or a few groups. Now it's the majority. Humans have become more entitled and disrespectful as a whole.

You can't talk reasonable when your airing things out on social media. Facebook, Twitter are a cancer, a website is a good idea. You can post your rules, you can tell the person doing your social media, get it out there, we the track have video and your pay will be held and the indiduals will be held responsible. There is not 1 good reason except People will pick you apart. Week 1 it needed to be known, no paperwork, no pay. Some tracks need security,

311 been fd…….and I don’t mean the f that rhymes with duck.

Shame.

How were the crowds at this track? That often tells the story.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    How were the crowds at this track? That often tells the story.
    They got pretty decent crowd when ever I went

Post#35
    BBQ yea Ik what ur saying. Have seen good racing there over the yrs. Good facility in general. It was my first race track I visited when I moved down here in 94.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    North Carolinians had better pull their heads out of the dark zone or there will be no venues to watch dirt track racing. Friendship is gone, 311 is now, literally, a junk yard, the great little bullring known as Wayne County has been gone too long and so has Dublin.

Which reminds me that this site will not allow me to update my profile. Actually in King now, so I am closer to both tracks mentioned. Real shame I can't go to either for a race, although 311 does provide some nice dead-bulldozer watching. At least Wytheville is still going, although they may not for long if their ticket prices keep going up. What then? Beckley, Natural Bridge? Thank God for FloRacing.