Thumbs up Incoming thunderstorms & cold weather force cancellation of kokomo & i-55

INCOMING THUNDERSTORMS & COLD WEATHER FORCE CANCELLATION OF FRIDAY AT KOKOMO & SATURDAY AT I-55

Link to article
    https://worldofoutlaws.com/latemodel...PHsc9R5AF4LF0A

If link doesn't work for you here is the article

INCOMING THUNDERSTORMS & COLD WEATHER FORCE CANCELLATION OF FRIDAY AT KOKOMO & SATURDAY AT I-55
    By Brian Walker | October 21, 2020 at 5:15 pm
    Thunderstorms, cold weather, and an all-around sour forecast has forced the cancellation of this weekend’s festivities for the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series at Kokomo (Ind.) Speedway on Friday, October 23 and Federated Auto Parts Raceway (Mo.) at I-55 on Saturday, October 24.

Saturday’s World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series race at Kokomo Speedway is STILL ON as scheduled.

“Unfortunately, Mother Nature chose to not be a fan of the Hoosier Dirt Shootout,” event promoter Matt Curl said. “We hate to have to cancel the event altogether, but this weekend’s weather looks miserable, and with no viable reschedule dates, we had no other choice.”

Fans and race teams with armbands from Saturday’s portion of the Hoosier Dirt Shootout presented by Illinois State Rifle Association will receive a refund. In order to receive a refund, you must mail your armbands back to the following address: Fairbury Speedway P.O. Box 165 Fairbury, IL 61739

Please include the name and address of the person receiving the refund. Per the announcement at the time of the August 1 rainout to keep your armbands as your raincheck, the only way to obtain a refund is by returning your armband to the address above. Camping reservations from the original event dates were complete. Fans and race teams will have until December 1 to submit their refund request.

For those who already purchased tickets to Saturday’s show at I-55, you’ll get an automatic credit to your MyDirtTickets.com account and will also receive an email with the option to request a refund.

Up next for the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series is LAST CALL at The Dirt Track (N.C.) at Charlotte, a two-day season finale on Wednesday & Thursday, November 4-5. Limited tickets are available for fans to purchase HERE and Drivers can register for the event HERE.

With only two race nights remaining, Brandon Sheppard of New Berlin, Ill. continues to lead the championship chase over Ricky Weiss of Headingly, Man. (-294), Cade Dillard of Robeline, La. (-410), Darrell Lanigan of Union, Ky. (-440), Chase Junghans of Manhattan, Kans. (-482), Dennis Erb Jr. of Carpentersville, Ill. (-492), Ashton Winger of Hampton, Ga. (-582), Scott Bloomquist of Mooresburg, Tenn. (-714), Boom Briggs of Bear Lake, Pa. (-978), and Brent Larson of Lake Elmo, Minn. (-1078).
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 10-21-2020 at 04:27 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Well, I guess my season is over.

I find it interesting that a high of 56 and a low of 48 is too cold for Pevely when we've had races in much colder conditions, but what do I know? It sucks to have gone to your last race of the year without knowing it was your last one. Oh well... I managed to get 40 nights in during a pandemic, so I can't be too upset.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

WoO Sprints are still racing at Kokomo
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    WoO Sprints are still racing at Kokomo
    I'll be there for the WOO Sprints and Non-Wing Sprints. Usually a good show for sprint cars there.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I’m pretty sure the COLD is expected this time in the Midwest...

I don't remember weekend races getting cancelled on a Wedensday night way back when. Maybe WoO is trying to save some money.

Very weird IMO. I've been to a lot of races with much colder temps forecasted and they still had it. I'm not mad about it though. Id much rather them call it now instead of me taking a day off work, drive 4hrs for a cancellation.

Same weather forecast for Kokomo and Pevely Saturday. I guess it isn't too cold for Sprint Cars.

If they don't want to drag everybody out to the Midwest for just one race because Kokomo will probably rain out and it wouldn't be cost effective, then say so. That's understandable. I'm not buying the "cold" reasoning.

The 2016 Illini 100 was run in the mid 40s with 50+ MPH wind gusts. Here's the conditions from that day:

https://www.wunderground.com/history.../date/2016-4-2
    Last edited by Shiny Side Up 18; 10-21-2020 at 06:58 PM.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Sounds to me like a certain team from Shiniston wanted to go to Bedford for 20k

Shiny... I was at Farmer City for that show. COOOOOLD!!! Thank god for the covered bleachers to block some of the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by TeNfOMaFiA69 View Post
    Not so sure about that they were already sitting on the pole for 25k.

Hell, it's been just a couple of years ago Fairbury cancelled an event nearly 2 weeks in advance initially claiming a forecast of rain and cold/damp weather as the reason. Of course they changed that story 2 or 3 times following the initial cancellation announcement. Kenny Dobson over at Jacksonville ran an unscheduled event in place of the FALS cancellation on the same weekend and they had something like 76 cars on hand. Go figure.

It seems odd that tracks would cancel one show but leave another on the schedule but there may be a very good reason that isn't apparent to us mere fans.

I would agree that tracks should be truthful and up front as to the reasons for some of these late season cancellations. If the promoter fears taking a financial bath most fans are understanding of those concerns and would be sympathetic to those decisions. Weather anticipated cancellations seem to be much more prevalent these days than in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by TeNfOMaFiA69 View Post
    Lol there not going.

I saw on twitter last night that Casey Shuman's mother passed away earlier this week. That might also be a factor in the cancellations.

BTW, thoughts and prayers to Casey and his family.

Says they moved up tomorrows program at Kokomo 1 hr.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Democrats at it again!

Tornado Warning for Jackson County,Indiana right now as well as Jennings county. That's a little to the south,but still...
    Formerly 66#1