Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kyle Hammer done racing

Per his Twitter page

After a rough weekend this past weekend, my Father and I are not seeing eye to eye. It has been decided to put racing behind us and move on with our lives. I’m sorry to all of my fans friends and sponsors that have invested into us. This is a tough post to make being this was such a big part of my life and my dream. But I made some mistakes and have to live with the consequences. I will be back on track somehow someway. Just not now.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

This may or may not be the case but I think these drivers dive in to the national stuff way too soon and it bites them more often that not. From recent posts on his facebook, it seems like his performance on the track has been a hot topic. A lot of these guys need to hire team managers IMO. There's no reason an inexperienced guy like him should be running on a national circuit. He would have benefited running regional stuff and he!! tour stuff in Illinois and surrounding states gaining valuable seat time, and then chase a national tour in 2-3 years.

I saw Don selling literally everything on Facebook yesterday and figured something was up.

Yep always best to make big decisions when you’re emotional. Maybe in a day or two they’ll reconcile. Personally, I think this (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) heat makes all of us more irritable.

That's a drag. Don and Kyle are good peeps. Good luck to them going forward.
    8/13/16

Being in business with your family isn’t for everyone, and what Kyle and his dad were doing is a business.
    Hopefully they can get it behind them and get back to being just father and son…..
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Smells like a decision made in the heat of the moment but Don sure as sh!t has everything for sale. I see Kenny Wallace has already made comments on it.
    Last edited by orange28fan; 06-22-2022 at 02:42 PM.

I wondered when I saw the stuff for sale. I agree with the "jumping in too soon" point of view, but what parent doesn't want to give their kid all they can? Yes, family...the heat...if the stuff doesn't sell fast I'm sure we'll see them back around home later this season, at least we can hope (maybe even with Don driving). Good luck to each of them either way.

Quote Originally Posted by orange28fan View Post
    Smells like a decision made in the heat of the moment but Don sure as sh!t has everything for sale. I see Kenny Wallace has already made comments on it.
    Where do racers post stuff for sale these days?

^^^ I saw it on Facebook. There are all sorts of groups, like "Dirt Late Models For Sale" and about every variation you can imagine. Used to check out a website called "Racingjunk.com" but am not sure if they posted it on there as well.

Don often has stuff for sale, so I didn't think too much of it until I saw the car (which they just picked up late last year).

Dudes who aren’t cut out for national touring should never go national touring. These complete shutdowns happen a ton because dudes who don’t even run well regionally think they’re going to compete night in and night out with the best in the nation.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I’m ready to Ron a street stock Don let’s roll lol
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Run lol dang it
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Did I hear right that Tommy Sheppard Jr and his car owner split also?

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    Did I hear right that Tommy Sheppard Jr and his car owner split also?
    Yes they did

All this isn't helping to keep the sport growing and add to the diminishing car counts. . .

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Yes they did
    I'd love to know the reason behind that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    All this isn't helping to keep the sport growing and add to the diminishing car counts. . .
    Neither is cost of motors, cars, engineering and fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I'd love to know the reason behind that one.
    I agree, Especially how well he was running.

Tommy had 6 feature wins his 1st year in a super wth would ya pull him out!?