Default Left side percentage

How much left side percentage is to much? Running high left side, low rear percent on a hammer down fast track and I'm having a hard time getting front weight transfer. Just wondering at what point is typically to much.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtslinger71 View Post
    How much left side percentage is to much? Running high left side, low rear percent on a hammer down fast track and I'm having a hard time getting front weight transfer. Just wondering at what point is typically to much.
    I may be alone on this one but my experience tells me left % mostly tightens the car on exit, while it does effect entry some it's not as noticeable as exit (on gas)

If your asking whats typical today, 55% with driver is probably considered high now a days

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    I may be alone on this one but my experience tells me left % mostly tightens the car on exit, while it does effect entry some it's not as noticeable as exit (on gas)

If your asking whats typical today, 55% with driver is probably considered high now a days

Ok so 55 is where I'm at but that's what I always ran with another brand car and now I'm running something way different. Really struggling to get weight to transfer on the RF on entry and just trying to think about anything I haven't tried yet.

Ok so 55 is where I'm at but that's what I always ran with another brand car and now I'm running something way different. Really struggling to get weight to transfer on the RF on entry and just trying to think about anything I haven't tried yet.
    What do you mean by no weight to rf? Is your rf corner not buried on entry, like every car these days? If it is, just add a little spring rate.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    What do you mean by no weight to rf? Is your rf corner not buried on entry, like every car these days? If it is, just add a little spring rate.
    The RF is not getting over and the left rear is staying about half way to full drop on entry but center off its much better with the lr fully extended and RF almost at full compression. The front end is doing nothing on entry on or off the fuel. Like the car has something slowing my weight transfer down.

The RF is not getting over and the left rear is staying about half way to full drop on entry but center off its much better with the lr fully extended and RF almost at full compression. The front end is doing nothing on entry on or off the fuel. Like the car has something slowing my weight transfer down.
    Could be wieght % or too low a COG for those %'s or as simply as too little J bar rake.

J-bar rake can bury a fairly stiff RF set up, just by adding some more rake. Does the new style car use a much flatter J-bar set up?

Could be wieght % or too low a COG for those %'s or as simply as too little J bar rake.

J-bar rake can bury a fairly stiff RF set up, just by adding some more rake. Does the new style car use a much flatter J-bar set up?
    So I have been thinking about j bar angle or even overall height of the bar. I was thinking the added angle would make the RR stick harder and make my tight situation worse... COG is all camshaft height. Most of my weight is in the center of the car except a 25# chunk on the Lf. J bar is set @ 8.5 or 8.75" on the frame and center of pinion. The car is an old b/g rocket that I have done alot of my own updates on.

So I have been thinking about j bar angle or even overall height of the bar. I was thinking the added angle would make the RR stick harder and make my tight situation worse... COG is all camshaft height. Most of my weight is in the center of the car except a 25# chunk on the Lf. J bar is set @ 8.5 or 8.75" on the frame and center of pinion. The car is an old b/g rocket that I have done alot of my own updates on.
    You will probably gain a lot of steer with travel. Take the whole bar down a half inch. It will come to life
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

STD position on the pinion is 5/8" below pinion. I would try 9" and 5/8 below and see what that gets you. If you was running an older STD single spring RF set up like a 350# you will be surprised how much travel on the RF you can gain from adding that amount of J-bar rake.

I'm just throwing out ideas, without really knowing anything and could be way way off base.

Like masters said if it holds the car up at attitude on entry, the added steer may keep the car free and not make it tight on entry.

STD position on the pinion is 5/8" below pinion. I would try 9" and 5/8 below and see what that gets you. If you was running an older STD single spring RF set up like a 350# you will be surprised how much travel on the RF you can gain from adding that amount of J-bar rake.

I'm just throwing out ideas, without really knowing anything and could be way way off base.

Like masters said if it holds the car up at attitude on entry, the added steer may keep the car free and not make it tight on entry.

I will definitely mess with the j bar and hopefully that does the trick. Thank you both for the input as I highly respect the info that you guys give out!