Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WoO/Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    The economy is better than 10 years ago, but that isn't saying much. A great number of employees haven't got a raise of any kind in that 10 years. I'm talking professional positions too. Is your corner malls and business districts, full of businesses? I'd say less than 80% full in the good towns. Yes, Wall street is great again, but it dosen't drive the economy on Main street, lower and middle income drives Main street. The very ones that hasn't had a raise in 10 years. Two things are job creators, Money in the hands of those that can't afford to save it and a light case of amnesia about the last recession. I can explain why, but most can guess.
    And in walks eyore........

Good lord man, the world revolving around you isn't always negative Neptune........let me guess, you're on the donkey side of the aisle?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Both series are stronger this upcoming year than in years past..........woo has made a huge upgrade IMO with the changes they have made.

18 is going to be good.......again.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The current state of the two big series is similar to when the STARS and Hav-a-Tampa series were both loaded. Good times back then and good times ahead for Lucas and WoO. I just wish the supers were thriving locally the way they are nationally. Having the two biggies thriving is great, but what will carry the sport into the future is having the local tracks thriving too.

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    My business will increase in gross sales this year after declining a little each year for the past 6 years.
    Sorry hear about the last 6 years was declining, hope have a good increase this up coming year.

Thanks Kwd.I'm not complaining the gate is still open,the power is on and the bills have been paid,maybe not always on time but paid. Back on topic Bbq pretty much nailed it.Both series looking much better than in recent memory.2018 should be an interesting year.JD on Lucas and Pierce wherever he races both will feel like they have something to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    And in walks eyore........

Good lord man, the world revolving around you isn't always negative Neptune........let me guess, you're on the donkey side of the aisle?
    In a bad mood today? Sorry, not everyone understands the economy.

What’s the odds of Marlar actually running the full WOO series? Hasn’t he said this before and never stayed on? Hope he gives it a shot.
    Scott Kleindorfer

I'd say if he gets the sponsorship lined up he'll stay on this time. Team seems to be really strong.

My business will increase in gross sales this year after declining a little each year for the past 6 years.
    Right. A magic wand waved and your sales picked up. When D’s are in there, we are on a miraculous cycle where the credit goes to the R who was in there before. 6-8yr cycle. Now, an R is in there, and bam, all the credit.

The economy has been improving since about 2013, so if yours wasn’t, well...

Thanks for the pat on the back.I don't believe I ever said Trump made my business increase.But ''cash for clunkers'' sure as hel! hurt it.I don't think your 6-8 year cycle washes with me.The first 10 years was a steady increase.
    Last edited by nuff said; 12-09-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    You'll never hear that on any of the lefty news networks though, even though everybody's (even the libs') 401k's are doing very well.
    Vast conspiracy by the fake news networks right? Only if they preach what you wanna hear, is it ok news, even if it’s loaded with BS too. Why anyone thinks any of the news networks don’t have an angle, right or left, baffles me. They are all full of half truths, right or left.

And if you are basing our economy on the stock market, which I too invest in, including Raytheon, then I feel bad for you. Cause that fuker is going to crash again. You base our economy on the middle class, and are people getting raises and quality jobs with benefits.

Most are not getting good raises, or decent benefits, and the new tax plan sure as fuk ain’t going to help. Trickle down never has, never will work. Whether the rich are D’s or R’s, that sh!t ain’t “trickling “ down. It’s such a retarded train of thought.

Why no one is sick of hearing this whole fake news BS, my God. If it’s so fake, sue them for slander, or whatever. Personally, I don’t pay attention to the left or the right. They both are so full of sh!t.

Neither is right, both are equally guilty of where we are. But it’s always blame blame blame, and tin foil hats.

Thanks for the pat on the back.
    Anything for you sweetie.

Ok, put the D or R labels away. The economy is about how money moves and in what circles it moves in. The faser it moves, the better the economy. What moves money is purchases. If you purchase stock from Wall st. The economy can be good on Wall st. If there where no purchases on Main st. it can be bad at the same time Wall st. is good. The problem with this is when Wall st. makes corrections that sometime cause recessions. In a healthy economy, the Main street buyer drives the economy. The money people create jobs then to get that money. If there is no Main st. money, there are no job creators. Trump is trying very hard to increase the number of jobs. Jobs that have been outsourced, jobs that have been taken by immigrants. When you have more workers than jobs, the price of labor goes down. That is the reason Main street economy has not kept up.

I can tell you the parts biz isnt too grear right now. I cover 18 napa stores in ky and the best ones are flat at best. Advance, autozone, and oreilly have seen their stock prices plummet this year. Oreilly is bragging about a 1% increase in sales...... the only reason they got it was because they popped up 500 stores this year. Cash for clunkers devestated the parts and repair industry in small town america. Studies show we should have the same amount of six year or more old vehicles on the road in 2019 as we did in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by King1 View Post
    I can tell you the parts biz isnt too grear right now. I cover 18 napa stores in ky and the best ones are flat at best. Advance, autozone, and oreilly have seen their stock prices plummet this year. Oreilly is bragging about a 1% increase in sales...... the only reason they got it was because they popped up 500 stores this year. Cash for clunkers devestated the parts and repair industry in small town america. Studies show we should have the same amount of six year or more old vehicles on the road in 2019 as we did in 2007.
    Having a car repair done now almost requires taking it to a dealer or expert repair.

Lets see.....GDP under Obama has averaged 1.5 his last 6 qtrs., and had dropped 57.2% his last 2. Under Trump, it has averaged 3.2 his last 2!

Looks pretty clear to me.....a billionaire businessman "trumps" a community organizer.....every time!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Having a car repair done now almost requires taking it to a dealer or expert repair.
    Youre right. Gone are the days of tune ups. We have seen a surge in diagnostic equipment sales. But normal scan tools dont really do it anymore. The bettee shops are using lab scopes to get it done. We offer tech training classes to our shops in certain areas and hire factory guys to teach them. Im certainly scared of anything new at the moment. Although the things the car manufacturers are doing to meet emissions and fuel mileage standards are overwhelmingly impressive. Especially with diesels.

Anyway racing at a national level is strong. I heard at several lucas races and at charlotte that they had record crowds. Hopefully the local tracks can expect the same in 2018.

Dont really have a preference of woo or lucas. I like lucas' schedule as it is similar to the old Renegade series schedule. I would like to see WoO run more tracks like florence and prp

You can pat whatever party on the back you wish to, but I know what I have seen in my employment. The fortune 500 company I am employed by was laying employees off starting the beginning of 2014 and finally reached a leveling off, so to speak, mid year 2016. This affected thousands of employees across the different factories. Call backs just happened to start two weeks after the election in 2016 and by spring 2017 they had everyone that was laid off called back, plus more hired. I don't know how many total new hires there was across all the factories, but in the one I work in there was right around 200 new employees hired after the call backs. If this is the fruit of Obamas labor, the timing sure seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Technology is eliminating the general repair shops and the used parts business.Nearly everything electrical has to go to the dealer to get flashed any more.It used to be just ECMs and air bag modules.Now it's radios,speedometers,temp controls,even window switches and regulators/motors.Which adds 75.00 to 100.00 to every repair.

The quote button isn't working

chupp n bloomer fan said

"Right. A magic wand waved and your sales picked up. When D’s are in there, we are on a miraculous cycle where the credit goes to the R who was in there before. 6-8yr cycle. Now, an R is in there, and bam, all the credit.

The economy has been improving since about 2013, so if yours wasn’t, well..."

You got that backward.lol Even some liberal economist has said the 1990s economy had a lot to do with Reagan's economic policies. Clinton's financial policies got us in 2007/2008/2009. But you are right about the current economy, it is dead and it has been dead for 10 years now. How long before this zombie finally falls over?